Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:27:26 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Crystal Shard!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Crystal Shard!  (Read 2150 times)
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2007, 01:12:32 pm »

*Posted up by Raiden, is an old report written by Eve*

Weeks back a hunt for the Crystal Shard was carried out.  A guardsman had intended to write up the report, however, it would appear that he is either missing in action or worse dead!  Therefore I have made a short report of the Hunt, which I led.  Please if you were involved, be good enough to sign below, since I cannot remember each guardsman that attended. Many Thanks.

Reliable sources had finally discovered the whereabouts of the Crystal Shard.  So valuable is the shard that it would elevate the wealth and status of Cove above and beyond all other Townes in Sosaria, if we could make claim to it first! 

I led a group of guardsmen into the Hedge Mage.  It appeared that many others had been before us, the paths and hedges looked fairly well kept and we found tended grapevines and fruit trees.  But the deeper into the maze we went, the less tended it became, with overgrown shrubbery and climbing weeds, we were forced to hack our way in further. 

Twas difficult to say... but I believed we had reached the centre of the maze, where we were to face the first of the Imps and Daemons that dwelt there.  A building there, we did find, and within a rusting chest that was almost impossible to open.  Hoagie attempted to pick the lock,  but ended up prizing it open to reveal none other than the shard itself.  It glistened in the light that shone through a broken window upon it. 

Oh so carefully did I wrap it before placing it in my back pack.  As we were heading out of the building towards the path we had come in by, a daemon came at us from behind, it’s claw grasped my pack from behind, and as we fought to bring it down the daemon fell upon the back pack.  We heaved the daemon from the pack, and I frantically opened the pack only to reveal a shattered shard of Crystal.  We returned to Cove none the richer, knowing that at least no-one else had obtained the Crystal Shard, now shattered and worthless.

*signed*
Eve, Officer Cadet
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 01:20:18 pm »

I was there!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 02:29:47 pm »

I was also there!

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner,
Dragoon Sergeant.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Sean Greyson
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 05:46:22 pm »

I was there ma'am.  Tis a shame what happened with the Crystal but perhaps it is for the best, greed doth ruin a man.

*signed*

Jacob Greyson

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length