Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:40:37 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Omigosh is Grazgorn Really back?!?!?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Omigosh is Grazgorn Really back?!?!?  (Read 2279 times)
Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2007, 01:45:41 pm »

Hi there!

I was wondering, I snapped up the news of two week free time in UO during the 10th year anniversary. BUT I'd like to try out the new client, I saw it could be downloaded through the UO page, BUT (another one) the DL speed sucks and it will take approx 20-35 hours to get it down. Couldn't find a torrent either. So it comes down to buying it then. Which I have no plan of doing. Since I probably will play for like 2 days and then be gone again?

So basically, is it worth spending money on? Has the community been revived with KR or is it even worse. More players or less? Leave your thoughts here Smiley

Until then I will just let the DL continue, but after 10 minutes it is still at 0%, yay!

Cheers!
Grazgorn

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 02:31:08 pm »

Well, it hasn't revived the roleplaying community at all as far as I've seen. Not sure how much its revived the UO community in general, doubt much at all.

But, its still being worked on, it -could- become really good, but..it is EA.
I don't think its worth buying it to be honest, as I was patient with the download, then uninstalled it a few days after 'cause it just wasn't worth my time.

If the download speed is incredibly slow, you should try grabbing a download manager/accelerator off the internet. They're really good Cheesy

Oh, and I keep hearing stuff bout deleting 2D altogether, and if that happens, everyone will quit, a recent survey has shown.

qom_riyadh
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 03:16:07 pm »

Agreed with Drach. I tried it, complained about it, and binned it to save those extra megs of the hard drive.

Indeed, KR at its current state should be called merely an alpha test version.
If you'd ask me, instead of "Kingdom Reborn" it should be named "Last Nail To The Coffin".

Especially if they will halt the 2D, I'm sure that UO will die pretty soon. Rather not the best way to celebrate 10th anniversary...
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 03:17:48 pm »

Wait whens this freetime?

Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 05:27:47 pm »

Between the 25th september and the 9th october! Cheesy

My download died, so to hell with it Smiley It stopped at 1 %.

Okay, well if they are removing the 2d client Grazgorn will be away about as much he has been these last 8 months. No return for me then I guess. When I logged on I had almost forgotten how to control my old character. UO will on the other hand always be remembered as the best mmorpg experience of all time in my opinion. Cuz RP owns, and when it comes to that there can only be one king on the hill!

Well thanks for your opinions this far Smiley

And btw, has BoC died or something? No news for over a month?

Cheers

Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 01:08:28 pm »

AVAST ME DARESAY!

Had UO removed from my computer. I don't think I will feel like going back again!

UO is dead to me! *sobs and runs away to never ever come back again!  Cry*

Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 04:42:49 pm »

UO 'dies' at this time every year. People are starting school/college/uni..and need time to settle in, it'll be up and about after christmas, as usual. =)

But good luck with what ever.

Rbl <3 Thf
Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 02:40:04 pm »

Btw, anyone remember this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca9yvfZCCig

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 03:39:23 pm »

Yep=) Tbh, it didn't look that good... They released LBR instead, which wasn't that good.
Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 10:52:47 pm »

Nothing is "that good" I am afraid!

However I saw another video at youtube to the "stones" theme. I was like "NOOOOO, what have I DONE!!!!!  Cry"

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length