Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:38:43 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  An Elvish Letter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: An Elvish Letter  (Read 2064 times)
Delwyn
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2005, 07:08:27 pm »

*The following is written in Elvish*

I write this letter with a heavy heart, for once my clan was vast and powerful and now I am left as the only one awake and able to save it from destruction. My name is Delwyn and I am Yaaraer and council member of the Wildwood Elves who once resided in the land now known as Yew but known to me as Aman Lond.

One thousand years ago my clan was infected with a deadly plague. Many elves started to die and all our Amandil could do nothing to cure it. It was a black plague. The council was destroyed leaving only Af'rilm in place to lead our people. The last of the Amandil found a way to save the remaining elves. They put us all into a deep sleep. We slept for a thousand years until it was safe to return to our forests. When we awoke we found that our lands had been taken over by humans. All we once held dear was now destroyed and in it's place was a primitive and disgusting civilisation. There was nothing for us to do but retake it or live forever in exile.

A new council was formed and our war began with our first target been those who called themselves Guardsmen of Yew. We formed alliances and used trickery to turn the people on themselves but it was not enough. Our forces were too small and theirs too large. We had no hope to defeat them as we were and to stay would of resulted in the final death of our clan. Once again we would have to sleep, except one would stay behind and prepare for the reawakening of the elves.

The mission of the one to stay behind was to find more elves and allies who would help to retake Yew in our favour. Using any means necessary Yew was to be ready to secure. And then when the time was right the others would be awakened and prepared for the final war which would give us back our land. Af'rilm offered to take on this task but I interjected. Af'rilm is a fine leader and a great warrior but he does not hold the guile and diplomatic edge which would be necessary in this task. He is a great leader of war and a war he shall lead, but he has to be ready, and alive for that war. I will wake him on that day and follow him into battle but until then I will do the job I have been assigned.

I envy those who sleep. For them it will be a moment before they are awakened and participate in the final stages of this conflict. I will have to battle it out day to day for years, decades or centuries. But on that day when finaly my task is over I will rejoice and join my clan in victory.

I write this letter to you for I will need your aid. I have looked through the books left by my people and once over a thousand years ago our two clans were close. We shared festivals and we bared each others children. I humbly request your aid now so that we once again will be able to join together in those events. I hope to come and meet you in person once time and suties permit. Until then I ask you to pray to Vala'Vanya'Amil for my safety and I ask you to consider my plea for help.

Vala'Vanya'Amil be with you.

Delwyn

[OOC]

Okay this letter was written to another Elf clan not to the Baron, I've just stuck it here so you get an idea of the background of my character and what it is he is doing. Wildwood Elves were once a guild in CoY and I was one of the leaders but the guild collapsed when myself and Af'rilm left UO. However I am back now and have come to BoC to continue the Elves aims to retake Yew. I'll be working for the Baron, doing tasks for him which should not be directly related to him. I'll be helping mostly with your activities in Yew but I am up for stuff elsewhere too. You can all contact me on ICQ at: 83043673.

Cheers!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length