Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:47:02 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Incident: Attempted murder of Covian troops
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Incident: Attempted murder of Covian troops  (Read 1616 times)
Lydon Stormbernt
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2007, 07:47:23 pm »

Incident: Attempted murder of Covian troops

Date and time: December 1st, late evening

Location: The entrance to Wrong, and later in the Covian shire.

Guardsmen present:
- Officer Cadet Dalamar
- Guardsman Recruit Franchesca
- Guardsman Recruit Stormbernt

Accused: A civilian known as 'Khae'

Report:

Disappointing as it is that the first report I submit must be of this nature, but I feel it is of the utmost importance and my solemn duty to report the abhorrent actions of this magic-wielding Elf.

During an enlightening guided tour of the accursed dungeon of Wrong, we were joined in the later stages of the expedition by this Elf, Khae, and his summoned friend of a questionable nature.  The Elf even had the nerve to berate me for mistaking his elemental companion for another enemy!

We made our way to the steps that lead down into the depths of the dungeon, and as we emerged the commanding officer, Dalamar, requested that the civilian procure a gate for us to travel back to the barracks.  After a brief exchange of words, the Elf reluctantly summoned one of these gates.  I am certainly no fan of the magical arts, but with no idea of my current whereabouts and following the orders of my superior I was first to step through the gate.

However...

The gate's final destination was anywhere but our barracks.  It was a foul, damp smelling place, lit only by the slight blue emanations of the portal from whence I had emerged.  As I tried to get my bearings, a death-rattling murmur drifted from the shadows in front of me as a lich shufled towards me!  Startled, I fell back through the gate just as the deceitful Elf was clicking his heels with delight and closing the gate behind me and my comrades.  The gate closed, leaving Dalamar and Franchesca stranded in whatever foul place that was.

I snarled in rage, got to my feet and spat curses at the Elf before drawing my mace and chasing the wretched creature to give it the beating it so thoroughly deserved.  Unfortunately the Elf escaped, leaving me in a foul mood and pondering how I would ever get back to Cove.

As I leant doubled over, catching my breath and taking stock of the surrounding woodland, another of these portals appeared in the air beside me.  I decided it might lead to the same place that my comrades had been sent, so I leapt through in the hope I might assist them in whatever peril they had found themselves.

To my surprise, however, this portal lead to the grassy clearing before our hallowed church of Cove.  To my disappointment, however, it had been cast by the same filthy Elf that had sought to do away with my fellow Guardsmen.

As I stood scowling at the Elf, he began muttering some sort of incantation, so I readied my arms and braced myself for some form of wytchery.  The Elf completed his spell, a spell that paralysed me for but a moment, but with the strength of the Avatarian church behind me I was able to shrug it off as he began casting more spells.

Fearing that I might not be so lucky this time round, I charged the civilian in the hope I might subdue him before arrest.  A chase broke out, with the Elf reigning down magical fires upon me, in-between solid blows from my mace.   Just as it was looking as though the Elf might successfully murder a third Guard, my comrade Franchesca appeared from nowhere and aided me in knocking the civilian unconscious.

In conclusion, this Elf is a nuisance to the Covian society, fully prepared to enact the demise of three of the very Guardsmen that protect his kind in Cove even against the wishes of our glorious Avatarian church and our own personal beliefs.  I feel it my duty to report his crimes and hope that someone of rank might see fit to have him punished accordingly.
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 08:15:14 pm »

Just kill him.. no one would notice.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length