Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 07:12:29 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Cove and the Church
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cove and the Church  (Read 1688 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2008, 06:29:18 pm »

All the members of BoC,

I think we have all established that a small handful of you are quite weary of the Covian Church. This concept has been a large part of Europa Roleplay for years, and anyone oblivious to this fact may have a little bit of reading to do.

Instead of being hostile, sending angry messages or becoming annoyed, why not ICQ a Command member and have a discussion about it? We are all a guild: A team. We are here to have fun. Kelly is against the church through and through most of the time, and my interests for the Church are limited. However, I think it is fair to say that I do enjoy the antics and events that the church provide. It is often quite hilarious OOC (Whilst very scary IC), and if you all just give it a chance, you may feel the same way.

Here's the common phrase: Do not knock it until you have tried it.

It is roleplay. It is imaginative. It is supposed to be FUN.

Just reminding you all to think before you take action, because a lot of the time it gets us all nowhere. Now get in-game and have some fun, instead of bantering it about on the forums.

Rachael/Kelly.

P.S: This post is not directed at anyone inparticular. If you have a problem of any kind, reach me with ease on 322-174-899. Thank you.

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 06:40:19 pm »

Here here well said!!

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 09:15:00 pm »

When you enter the world of the Baronship of Cove it is advised to leave your norms and values at the door step. Cove is a medieval town in a fantasy setting. A time of superstition and wytchburning. Not of modern values and believes.

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 10:44:02 am »

Good point made there, Shadwell. You put what I was trying to say compact into two single lines. Smiley

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 04:33:23 pm »

As has been said above, individual characters may very well have their own quirks and traits that make them unique, but as part of a collective guild with pre-made concepts, characters must adapt to fit in all aspects reasonably.

I understand that the lack of presence of any Church figures over the last few months may have a few of our new members out of sorts with regards to how they should behave, and as a result I shall forgive and forget the actions of certain individuals the other evening.

However, seven books of literature have now been written, and reclaimed from Avatar archives and posted on the public forums for viewing, and will soon be available in bookshelves throughout the Baronship; and one book will be a requirement to have on your character for quick reference and basic education.

Feel free to read the additional six at your leisure, but within a few weeks, no individual should be able to deny knowledge of the basic background of the Church and how to act accordingly. 

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

"Amidst the chaos and confusion, only one thing is for certain; no one is safe from the noose!"
Kyte
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 09:23:05 pm »

Yeah, I've always thought that the chruch was a fun part of the guild.. Especially since other guilds fear the mighty covian church.. as i played with Kyte, he maybe not follow the avatarian faith.. but when he saw a churchie he corrected his manners, and sure 'acted' like he did, and it also gave him a chance to try and hunt down 'blasphemers' with the church.. which lead to some awesome RP expierence!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length