Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:10:30 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Light Company Board (Moderator: Linaeus)
| | |-+  Observation Practice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Observation Practice  (Read 3454 times)
Mr Bloodaxe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2008, 06:30:38 pm »

*Pinned to the Scout notice board*

I took it upon myself that before I am skilled enough to spy on our enemies, I should practice on our own troops, unknown to them of course but at least if I get caught I won't be captured. I saw an oportunity as Sergeant Sanderson headed to the Barracks rooftop, I followed her and shortly after Junior Guardsman Perrin and Takeamada joined her. They were going to be taking the Junior task required for promotion.

Their first task was to cross-heal each other to withstand the Sergeants crossbow without any armour on for a couple of minutes. A task which they failed at first with Perrin getting knocked out fairly quickly. They managed to "pass" at the second attempt although by my count it barely lasted a minute. So much for training the best, more like letting the weak through in my opinion.

They then worked on their fitness, twenty pressup's was the task, which was completed but it was clear to me that this was a big strain for both the juniors, it seems they are not in particularly great shape.

They then ran off out of the barracks, making it difficult to follow them, I had a scoot around the general area and then found them in the mountain area near the orc fort. They did some laps of the area and then were instructed to get to the foot of the mountain and prepare themselves to climb up to the top and back down three times. They looked to be struggling but as Takeamada came down the first time I had to go so was unable to see how they progressed with the challenge.

This spying exercise was a sucess as I was not spotted at any time and gathered information regarding the process of the junior task required for promotion. Perhaps soon I will be able to put my skills to work against Yew or the Brit guards.

*signed*
Ludwik Bloodaxe

Ludwik Bloodaxe, Junior Guardsman
Fredrik Bloodaxe, Citizen
Isaac Allen
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 06:38:19 pm »

Excellent job, Bloodaxe. A note of your efforts shall be taken. A good start for you, indeed!

-Isaac Allen, Temporary LC Leader
Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 06:43:46 pm »

Perhaps soon I will be able to put my skills to work against Yew or the Brit guards.

Child,

Thy skills art also useful for the observation of wayward Covians; citizens and soldiers alike. Thou shalt prove to be an asset in the service of thy Lord...

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Seneschal

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

"Amidst the chaos and confusion, only one thing is for certain; no one is safe from the noose!"
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 04:55:22 am »

[OOC] I assume the light company board postings are in the Light Company Barracks and not the main Covian Barracks?

Mr Bloodaxe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 07:43:22 am »

[OOC] That was my assumption since we have our own HQ.[/OOC]

Ludwik Bloodaxe, Junior Guardsman
Fredrik Bloodaxe, Citizen
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 09:32:21 am »

[OOC: The Scout Hideout is the place where your posts are off-limits to anyone but the Scouts. With Siegfried being a church member, he would generally have the knowledge of a lot of things, seeing as he has his inquisitors who also spy. If you want your mappings to be off-limits to others, then please post in the Secret Hideout. If you do not have access to it, ask me via ICQ or PM.

However, saying this, other squad members (such as the Main block and Grenadier) should not really post here. They can read the material within for their own enjoyment, but they should have no reason to post here. The Church on the other hand, can. /OOC]

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 01:52:17 pm »

[OOC]  Thank you, I'll I needed to know!  I have no knowlege of what has been posted!  That helps[OOC]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length