Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:45:28 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier Trial: Takeamada [COMPLETE]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier Trial: Takeamada [COMPLETE]  (Read 3689 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2008, 03:01:38 pm »

Greetings Junior,

It appears ye have been making a name fer yerself. As my apprentice I would expect nothing less. However there is more to soldiering and indeed becoming one of the Baron's Own than promotions and awards.

Let's see what ye have got.

Here are yer Grenadier Trails.

Discipline.

The Grenadiers are famous for their discipline whether on the parade ground or in battle. Grenadiers always carry plenty of kit and often save the day on hunts and patrols with the extra resources they carry.

They never miss an order, even in the heat of battle and often help patrol leaders by ensuring that orders are followed by the lower ranks.

To instil discipline and display your own you will lead a parade drill.

Conditions.

*At least 4 other guardsmen must attend.
*You will cover the parade & battle drills.
*The training will begin with a kit and armour inspection. Punish those with missing kit or ill repaired armour.
*The drills will be ended with a free for all.
*A full report of this task will be reported below.

Brotherhood.

The Grenadiers are a tight knit brotherhood. It is not something gained by merely wearing a badge however. The level of trust the Grenadiers have in eachother has to be earned.

You will seek out your soon to be comrades and find out a little more about them. What makes them tick? Why did they want to become Grenadiers? Perhaps some personal information too.

This will give you a better understanding of the men and women you will fight with and hopefully an insight into the Baron's Own Grenadier's brotherhood. You will contact the following Grenadiers: Raiden, Eve, Marcus Tel'var, Falconheart & Delcarakdur.

Conditions.

*You will speak with the Grenadiers IC in game if at all possible. However with RL commitments and timezone considerations you may use a questionnaire sent via PM to get information off those who are hard to reach in game.
*You will report your findings in this thread.

Ability To Fight.

To display your fighting prowess and leadership qualities you will lead a mission to the Grenadier's favourite haunt... The Ice Dungeon. Whilst there you will clear the area of beasts and carry back as much loot as possible.

Conditions.

*At least 5 other guardsmen will attend.
*You will slay at least 3 Arctic Ogre Lords, 3 White Wyrms & 3 Ice fiends.
*You will also bring back 30,000gp for the coffers.
*You will make a full report below with pictures of the slain beasts and loot as well as other depictions of the action.

Loyalty.

The new Grenadier Halls are all but complete. However the Grenadiers still need some supplies. See to it.

Contact merchants and traders and arrange delivery of the following items to the Grenadier Halls.

1 x Keg Conflagration Potions.
1 x Keg Greater Explosion Potions.
100 Empty Bottles.
5 x Bronze Arms.
5 x Bronze Gloves.
5 x Shadow Heater Shields.

Agree a fair price with the trader and raise the funds via hunts or patrols.

Conditions.

*You may raise the funds solo or by leading patrols/hunts. All the missions must be reported upon in this thread with evidence of the funds obtained.
*You will document the negotiation and delivery of the consignment listed above.

When all the above tasks have been completed and reported upon in this thread seek out myself or Grenadier Corporal Eve to swear the Grenadier Oath.

Good luck Junior.

*signed and stamped with the Grenadier seal*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:43:22 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 05:25:18 pm »

When:  06/16/08-06/19/08, 15:00 GMT

Commanding Officer:
Takeamada, Watchman

Guardsman in attendance:  
-Mat Shadowhand, Commoner
-Edith, Sister of the Church of Cove
-Marcus Tel’var, Junior Grenadier

Task: Grenadier Trials (LOYALTY)

Report:

In this mission for my Grenadier Trials, I was to contact merchants and traders to secure supplies for the Grenadier Hall.  These supplies were as follows:

1 Keg Conflagration Potion
1 Keg Greater Explosion Potion
100 Empty bottles
5 Bronze Arms & 5 Bronze Gloves
5 Shadow Heater Shields

I was to agree on a fair price and raise the funds.  Also arrange delivery of all said goodies.

I went first to Mat Shadowhand, a commoner blacksmith, who has a forge next door to the Covian Army Barracks.  I had heard that his skills were great and prices fair!  I met him in his workshop and struck a deal with him for the armor and shields, at 2,000 gold for the order.  He also told me during our talk to speak with Sister Edith of the Church of Cove.  She might be able to help me with my other needs.  So the following day I found her in the market next to the barracks.  We talked about my needs a cost!  Turns out she did the work for free!  I think this was because of the donations I gave a week earlier of 1200 blank scrolls and 40 mortar and pestles and as she told me, “I’m here to serve.”

So with the orders arranged, it was time to gather the funds!  I headed off to Dungeon Despise, I figured between the Ettins, Trolls, and Ogres; I was bound to find the needed funds.  It was a good choice, I had more then my fare share of action.  At one point I did not know if I was going to survive my trials, with nine Ogres after me at the same time, two of which were Ogre Lords!  But I managed to stay alive and gather almost 8,000 gold.

The next day I went back to Sister Edith with my packhorse and gathered up my order from her.  I figured should not show up with an empty packhorse, I gave her another donation of 1200 blank scrolls and 40 mortar and pestles along with a flask for her alchemy.  She made a bit more then asked, which was wonderful.  She is a blessing to her church.  I then lead my packhorse to the Grenadier’s Hall.  The travel was without mark until arrival, were I was meet at the front door by a very upset Ettin.  I guess he found out what I did to his kind in the dungeon, oh well!  He soon joined them and I stored the items in the storage room.

The next day, being today, Junior Grenadier Tel’var arrived at the Grenadier’s Hall with the order from Mat Shadowhand.  We talked a bit, and then I took the items and placed them with the others.  I paid Junior Grenadier the 2,000 I owed Mr. Shadowhand and gave a 1,000 for a bonus.   With everything safely stored, I sat down and wrote my report.  

* signed *

Takeamada
Junior Guardsman (G.I.T)
Covain Army

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 06:24:45 pm »

Make sure the supplies see their way into the Grenadier stores.

A fine start to your trials Junior. Keep it up!

75 Shillings Awarded - Sister Edith
75 Shillings Awarded - Mat "Chopper" ShadowHand

*signed*

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 06:25:45 am »

When:  06/21/08, 19:00 GMT

Commanding Officer:
Takeamada, Watchman

Guardsman in attendance:  
-Sergeant Hoagie
-Sergeant Sanderson (Dismissed early to support another mission)
-Grenadier Corporal Eve
-Senior Guardsman Tiberius
-Regular Scout Shadowhand

Task: Grenadier Trials (DISCIPLINE)

Report:

In this mission for my Grenadier Trials, I was to Parade Drills.  This was to include Parade and Battle drills, a kit inspection and end with a last man standing combat.

We started with a kit inspection.  I used my recruit guide that I was issued on my first day of training in the army as my guide for what should be in the kits.  My formation was lacking when it came to band aids, The guide states 500 (page 13), there seem to be some issue that my guide was outdated and that the standard was now 300.  Even so they were still lacking that number!  Except for Regular Scout Kal Shadowhand, he had 1,000 in his kit, good job scout!  Because of the disregard for there own health and the health of their fellow guardsman (hard to heal your mates if you don’t have the equipment), everyone, except the scout, had to do five press ups!  I then went on to uniform and armor inspection.  Dear Avatar in heaven, how does our army stay alive on the battlefield?  Cpl Eve’s was to standard, but Sgt Hoagie’s armor, if you which to call what he was wearing armor?  Was in such a state of disrepair that it looked more like ring mail instead of plate mail!  Then our scout!!!  His armor was boarder line of rags!  Because of this they were forced to run hard laps in armor and was instructed to fix their equipment!

We then moved on to the drill itself.  This went well; as it should have seeing the lowest rank in formation was a Regular!  We covered the following commands and why they were used:

-Sound Off
-Number Off
-Ready Arms and At Ease
-Parade Facing Movements (Left, Right and About face)
-Form the Line
-Salute
We then went into Battle Drill.  Again it was a snap given whom we had in formation, there was a bit of chatter going on during it and they were told to knock it off!  Which they did.  We covered the following commands and why:

-Form
-Trackers Line
-Targeting
-Charge

I did attempt to keep them on the toes a couple times, one of my FORM commands, I stood at an odd angle to see how the reacted.  They did well in their reaction.  The next was when I gave the command, TRACKERS LINE!  I added to the command TRACKERS LINE ON THE SCOUT!  They did not miss a step and formed accordingly.

The Last thing was, Last Man Standing.  I have set a goal for myself on this.  Each time I hold this I will have a prize chest.  In the chest will be three colored bags, TAN, SHADOW, and RED.  In each bag will be a prize the winner of last man standing can claim.  The winner must open the crate and quickly grab a bag.

During this event, there were three of them, Hoagie, Tiberius, and Shadowhand.  The scout was the first to go down, putting up a grand effort, then after some colorful words between the remaining two, Tiberius went down!  Avatar only knows how Sgt Hoagie, with that rag tag armor of his survived?  Anyways, they help each other up and did some healing, ensuring that their mates were ok.  I then formed the line and had Sgt Hoagie grab a bag from the chest!  He pulled the prize of a free set of custom fitted armor from Heath Blackrose.  Could not have been a better prize for the Sergeant.  I then dismissed the formation.

* signed *

Takeamada
Junior Guardsman (G.I.T)
Covain Army

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 06:52:59 am »

Two down, two ter go.

Keep up the good work Junior.

*signed*

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 12:56:16 am »

When:  06/28/08, 19:00 GMT

Commanding Officer:
Junior Guardsman Takeamada

Guardsman in attendance:
-Grenadier Captain Raiden Morana
-Grenadier Corporal Eve
-Sergeant Hoagie
-Drill Corporal Carcer
-Watchman Kobra
-Watchman Delferium (Dismissed halfway in)

Task: Grenadier Trials (ABILITY TO FIGHT)

Report:

For this mission, Covian Command, picked the spot for battle, The Ice Dungeon!  The goal was simple, go in collect 30,000 gold, slay nine evil beasts and come home!  One catch, the nine evil beasts were 3 each of Arctic Ogre Lords, White Wyrms, and Ice Fiends!  I put out a call for at least 5 protectors of Cove to come forth and deal these evil ones a blow they would not soon forget!  What I got were two Grenadiers, a Drill Corporal, three members of the regular army and no scouts!  Should be a cakewalk!  We formed at the barracks and moved to the dungeon entrance.  I briefed the unit on the work at hand.  I ask to ensure that everyone had band-aids and torches, brought 600 and 12, just in case.  Reminded them to cross-heal to keep their mates safe.

Combat started just inside the entry with rat men and giant frosty looking spiders, also some nasty snakes.  Things were going well, we found the Ogre straight off, taking down more then the required number.  Because of first contact jitters are healing was not up to scratch, as it should have been, because of it we got knocked around a bit!  We then went west over the bridge, this is the big boys came out to play!  They hit us hard, forcing a to conduct a fighting withdraw several times.  But the Grenadiers would not have any notion of retreat, and as it should be, we countered attack taking back the field.  Once we deal a major blow to them on the west side of the bridge, we turn north and encountered a heavy defense of evil.  But by this time it was to late, the army had found it groove and momentum and rolled over them like a heavy knight on a mongbat!  We came upon the White Wyrms nest, because of are tight formation and outstanding healing we turned them in to hides quickly.  After cross loading supplies, making sure everyone had band-aids and such, we headed back southwest then to the north west to the lair of the Ice Fiends.  There was on guard out front, the Grenadiers and Sgt Hoagie jump on quickly with the support of the other, it was down faster then a Yew guards pants at the sheep farm.  We then entered and met several more.  Doing what needed to be done, we headed back outside where we were ambushed!  Having scouts at this point would have been helpful, but oh well!  We had the regulars and the Grenadiers, so like the rest they died quick and horrible deaths.

We took account of what we had done and collected, that’s when Grenadier Captain Morana claimed victory for Cove and gave the order to return to the barracks.  As you can see by the drawings all aspects of this mission were met and exceeded.  I gave a share of 2,000 gold to each member and placed the rest in the barracks, after dismissing the unit.  We had an excellent combat team for this mission; I tip my cap to them all!

* signed *

Takeamada
Junior Guardsman (G.I.T)
Covain Army

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 07:05:40 am »

Damn fine work Junior.

Well done everyone, we did well to counterattack with such force and complete the mission.

*signed*

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 03:50:20 pm »

When:  06/16/08 to 06/09/08, 15:00 GMT

Commanding Officer:
Junior Guardsman Takeamada

Guardsman in attendance:
-Grenadier Captain Raiden Morana (Letter)
-Grenadier Corporal Eve (Letter)
-Grenadier Junior Marcus Tel’var (Interviewed)
-Grenadier Junior Falconheart (Letter)
-Grenadier Junior Delcarakdur (Letter)

Task: Grenadier Trials (BROTHERHOOD)

Report:

Of all the trial tasks set this sounded the easiest, but turned out the hardest.  It seems once you make Grenadier you’re kept so busy, you’re never around.  So this task in my opinion is a failure, because if failed to meet the key goal “Brotherhood!”  But I shall report what I have and let command decided how to score this trial!

I asked six basic questions:

1.   How long have you been a Grenadier?
2.   Why did you pick this Squad over the others?
3.   What do you think we should do to improve or expand the Grenadiers?
4.   What are your goals as a Grenadier?
5.   Tell something that would inspire others or me members of the army to want to join the Grenadiers?
6.   How much time do you spend defending Cove and training others

When it came to the first question, I was kind of surprised to see the out come!  It ranges from 5 months to 13+ years, which average 49.80 months.  So in whole the Grenadiers are a young squad.

The second question seems to have the same theme.  Be cause I want to be the best and they are “known” to be the best!  I guess that goes to show what history and lore can do for you!  Marcus Tel’var and Eve seemed to be the exceptions, Tel'var because it had to do with family history!  Because this is a public document, I felt his private life should not be disclosed for all to see.  Eve because of her skills and the swagger of her mentor, Corporal Morana, and a fellow Grenadier the Great Sergeant Vince Valentine, may he rest in peace!

The third question meet with a wide and varied response;
-Train and work more as a squad
-Stay busy with duties and set the example
-Nothing until we consolidate the officer’s corps so that we have a solid leadership to run the army as a whole
-Nothing, don’t want to loose are elite status!
-Lead by example, always be prepared, never run low on kit and supply those who do!  Show the bronze and the swagger at all times!

The forth question like the third was wide and varied;

-Ensure the safety of the Baron and setting the example for other to follow
-Supporting my fellow “Army” members in all aspects of their training
-Stomp our enemies into the ground and protect the Baron at all cost! To seek perfection in everything Grenadiers do!
-Seek to improve one’s self and better others
-Protect the Baron first and foremost!  Protect and uphold the Richter family name and values!

The fifth question responses were a bit odd and I felt that not all understood the question;

-Hrothgar, Ryan Greystone, Ahmed Al Maktoum, Erik Arkay, Vince Valentine…What more inspiration would anyone need?
-We have a very close knit bound between our members of our squad.
-The food in the field is to be honest not eatable by normal folks and our quarters nay meet the comfort standards of normal citizens in Cove.  We endure hardship where others give up in shame!
-I’m to young to have been an inspiration, I just hope I can be better than my father and walk a path other wish to follow.
-Entered an archery competition, set my goal to win, and win I did!  Because that what the Grenadiers do, Strive to win!!!

An for the final question again the response surprised me;

-Not enough!  If you think you done enough!  Do more!
-Almost none!
-My every waking moment is to serve Cove!
-I do what I can to help others when not training myself.
-I shall serve Cove until my dying day, If I'm on duty, I'm serving!

The one thing I thought interesting during gathering and reading of the information about this task, is how close the brotherhood of Grenadiers are, yet they seem few and far to be found.  Is it that our Baron keeps them so busy they never have time for duties within the army?  I don’t know, but what I can tell you after reading the history and letters, Cove is much better with them, then without!  

I also thought it fair that I too should answer the questions I put forth to my brothers, so here are my responses;

How long have you been a Grenadier?  Zero, looking to join!

Why did you pick this Squad over the others?  I have no scouting abilities, The Grenadiers are and should be the keystone that keeps the military together.  Because of that, I chose them.  I think in time I can be a good leader!

What do you think we should do to improve or expand the Grenadiers?  Make them more active in the daily actives of the army and the operations within Cove.  To make them a force that when on the battlefield put so much fear into their enemies that they dare not challenge us ever again!  And above all protect the Baron and the Covian way of life!

What are your goals as a Grenadier?  To insure that Cove will stay free at all cost!

Tell something that would inspire others or me members of the army to want to join the Grenadiers?  During my trials you can see the mantra of the Grenadiers, even when things were not going well and regular army types saw no hope, the Grenadiers stood firm and saw the mission to its end, meeting and exceeding the goals and bring everyone home!  No mission to difficult, No sacrifice to great, Duty first!!!  That is what it means to be a Grenadier!!!

How much time do you spend defending Cove and training others?  Defending Cove is my life, whenever duty permits I am they’re supporting the cause!  As for training others, I must admit, I could be doing more, and shall!  

* signed *

Takeamada
Junior Guardsman (G.I.T)
Covain Army
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 05:04:49 am by Takeamada » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 04:01:36 pm »

Greetings Junior,

The Baron and myself have been keeping Grenadier Corporal Eve busy with important duties, though I do know that she has started to pen her response.

The Baron and the nature of our duties keep us busy and often out of everyday army life as you will learn once you become a Grenadier.

After being kept away by duty these passed weeks I am back home in Cove and will seek you out either before or at the promotions parade to have ye swear yer oath.

Be sure to include the Corporal's response with the others once she has completed it.

*signed*

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 04:43:09 pm »

Trial complete.

Well done Take', those arms are well earned indeed.

*signed*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length