Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:58:25 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | | |-+  [Ongoing Task] All The Ammunition
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Ongoing Task] All The Ammunition  (Read 4546 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 23, 2008, 01:45:08 pm »

The Task:
Gather feathers and collect wood to make crossbow bolts and arrows, then find someone who can place them into our stores.

Conditions:
*This task may be completed more than once by the same person.
*The more arrows made, the more shillings shall be recieved.
*A full report of your process and progress must be posted below.

You may negotiate a price for your produce with an Officer of the Army, as the payment shall be given from the Covian Coffers.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:07:11 am by Penny » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 05:37:55 am »

After reading the posting at the town hall, I went about the task of meeting the needs required.

* Signed neatly *

Edward Striker
Caretaker Grenadier Hall and Covian Lighthouse

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 10:56:16 am »

Damn fine work there Striker.

A fine report and a hefty sum of arrows and bolts, not to mention donating yer payment to the Church and Army. That's the spirit!

80 Shillings awarded - Edward Striker

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 01:52:50 pm »

After having seen a request for arrows. my own primary weapon, I decided to help my fellow archers within the army! I set out about the Shire chopping the less healthy trees and picking up sturdy dead wood. I did this first because the wood is one... still useful and two... its good for the forest to collect it! After I had as much as I could carry I whisked them off to my safety deposit box and went out for more! I soon had enough wood and whittled them down into the straightest shafts I could! I mean its not easy.... and I'm hardly as knowledgeable as most apprentices at those fancy schools! I think my works alright though.... just learn to shot around corners!

That done, I needed alot of feathers. Theres no place better than Covetous! I went there and slew many of those feathery daemons! Mighty Lithos grant my bow strength! I slew many of them and eventually had the feathers I needed. I trudged back to Cove with the burden and started the fletching process. It much more delicate than carving shafts! I had to pull the feathers apart and carefully apply them to the shafts. Its hard work. I finished by wrapping animal sinew around the ends of the feathers and shaft and bound them together.

Job finished I made a promissory note with the bank and brought them to the barracks.The only member of the army there was that stubby Gayner fellow. Can't say I like him much so  did not stay to negotiate a price!
I do expect to be paid, either in coins or in a one time favour! Nothings frees!!

*Signed in this blue ink*
Maccen Korten, Huntsman

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 05:18:08 pm »

Maccen Korten awarded 80 Shillings

Yukina Kazami
Goblin Manageress
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 04:13:17 am »

Sat around the Goblin, Grumbling about disorganization and needing to hire another barmaid, I ran across my brothers old Bow he left here. Sudden realization hit me, Our guardsmen need supplies. I could very well join up but that would mean worrying Mizuho more with having both siblings in the army, and losing her Manager. Oh well, I set out to do what I am best at, chopping down trees. Making a good stack of usable wood to make the shaft of arrows and bolts, I then considered how I was to get the feathers I needed. I remember a long time ago while training to use my axe for more then just wacking trees, there was a harpy nest at the Spirit Shrine. Being a bit miffed at Farking Tiberius! a certain guardsman for wrecking my bar, leaving empty wine bottles and vomit everywhere, not to mention a dead bear corpse! I figured, Hey, May as well let some anger off on those Feathered wenches.

For several hours I stayed in that nook where they all piled into and diligently plucked every feather off their dead bodies. The pure pleasure and relief of all anger I felt doing that amazed me. Skipping home to the Goblin singing a song about killing birdwomen, I proceeded to sit another few hours in the basement of the Goblin meticulously making each individual arrow and bolt. I wasnt sure what time it was, but I headed to the Barracks to try and find one of those Useless guardsmen to give them to. Of course, no one but the injured were there. I proceeded to walk further north to see if anyone would be patroling and immidiately ran into an Ettin. Dispatching it and walking a bit further I found the Commanders home. Not sure if he remembered me, I left him a note in his Mail Box along with the arrows and bolts I made. I don't expect any Gold as payment for the bolts and arrows. Just knowing I helped the Army was good enough for me.

Signed,
Yukina Kazami, Goblin Manageress

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 04:16:56 am »

Yukina Kazami is awarded 15 Shillings.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length