Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:59:20 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Gate Sentry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gate Sentry  (Read 2089 times)
Jon Trent
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2008, 08:21:55 pm »

Attended by:

Jon Trent, Junior Guardsman (led)
Hoagie, Sergeant
Kelly Sanderson, Sergeant
Takeamada, Junior Guardsman
Go-Hei, Watchman
Marvin Grimpblad, Watchman
Delferium, Watchman

Ileana Leontine, Citizen
Estel Aralle, Commoner

With the Captain's orders to keep a watchful eye on our citizens and to restrict travel in and out of Cove due to the undead attacks and the sickness that has followed I gathered the available guardsmen at the town gates to post a sentry.

I hadn't been feeling too great myself, coughing a lot but I knew I had to do my job so while I took Estel and Takeamada, the other archers in search of game for hides and meat I left Sergeant Hoagie to oversee the construction of the sentry post.

My bow and my legs too felt heavier as we returned to the barricade. Estel set about cooking the meat we had butchered for the guards and to hand out to civilians and I looked over the now manned sentry post.

I was still coughing and felt fatigued but I couldn't let it show. Estel was fussing around me, asking me to rest but I couldn't and eventually i stumbled and fell to my knees coughing and unable to catch my breath. Sergeant Sanderson ordered that I be taken to the healers, so Takeamada and Estel helped me inside the gates to the healer's hut but, with the sickness there wasn't a bed to spare.

Takeamada managed to lift me onto his shoulder and with the help of Estel they took me back through the sentry post and to the new Covian hospital. Once there I was ordered to rest on a bed while Ileana mixed a medicinal broth for me to drink. Things got a bit hazy here but i remember Estel's kind face looking awfully worried at me.

After a little rest and medicine I felt well enough to sit up and although Ileana wanted me to spend the night in the hospital, once I was rested enough to stand Estel and I made our way home slowly. My strength was returning and the cough subsided. I still felt fatigued but if i took a turn for the worse there were gifted elven healers in the 'Quarter'.

Once home I was swiftly asleep and woke today to pen my report, feeling much better... *coughs*

*small spittle and blood stain on the report*

JT - Jon Trent, Junior Guardsman.

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 04:38:47 am »

*A Note attached to the Report*

Glad your felling better, though I could have sworn my orders where to stay in hospital until fully recovered!  Ah well will talk about that later!  Also I belive my rank is Junior Grenadier!!!  But seeing that you were ill I understand!  Over all with what went on and the illness and all, damm fine job on the sentry!  You did us proud!!!  The new recurits could learn from you and your devotion to duty and seeing a mission done!

*Signed neatly*

Takeamada
Junior Grenadier
Baron's Own

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 06:46:53 am »

Well done Junior.

Keep those germs to yerself though eh!?

I'd hate to have to burn ye!

*shifty eyes*

40 Shillings Awarded - Ileana Leontine, Citizen.
40 Shillings Awarded - Estel Aralle, Commoner.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length