Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:40:43 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *A Report stamped "Eyes Only, Attention to CPTN. Morana"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *A Report stamped "Eyes Only, Attention to CPTN. Morana"  (Read 1790 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2008, 05:18:17 am »

*The following is written firmly in blue ink*

Sir,

This eve I strolled into town and was met by a young lad, perhaps age 6 or 7. After awhile he mentioned his parents having been taken by smelly green men. I assumed at first that the child meant Orcs. A common hazard upon the road or in the wood. When I asked for a further detail he mimicked, to my great horror, Zombies. Undead!? The boy said he could take me to his mommy. I hastened to the spot and what I found was most grim indeed.

A sketch of the location and a written description of the scene follows:

The camp was trashed completely... I quickly got the child out of there and rushed him back to the barracks. To my relief Grenadier Takeamada arrived. I took him outside explaining the situation. Whilst he stayed with the boy I trotted off to recover her remains. I put the reamins within a clean bedroll and promptly torched the camp. He remains I took to the Chapel and placed there briefly.
I quickly went to retrieve Junior Takeamada. He being a paladin performed the woman's last rights and then went to explain the concept of death to the poor child.

I was left with the grim task of disposing of her body. Junior Takemada determined that burning would be safest to prevent the possible spread of the Itis commonly referred to as Aftermath. I took the corpse to a clearing not far away and using wytch fire made certain that her remains where reduced to ash. I left the wind to do its work. I returned to the barracks to ind the The Junior speaking with the child who soon rushed out bearing a knife! We gave chase and managed to stop the child before he hurt himself. We determined that the boy should stay with myself until another member of his family might be found.

The likelihood of finding a member of that family alive is very slim. I also fear for the boy as does the Junior. Above his eye he bears a stitched wound that matches the crescent shape of a bite. It is our fear that he may have been infected by the undead. Many are aware of what that would mean. Also Tristan, the lad, seems to have no notion of who or what Avatar is. It is my assumption that these people were Godless gypsies. The boy is no burn whilst in my care though my home is hardly the place for a young lad! I shall keep him safe until the proper authorities can deem what should be done with him.

Sir, I have written you this report privately so as not to spread any panic. We have the Vanguard and a disease already. We can hardly afford an undead uprising!

V/r,

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Watchman, Army of Cove

{OOC: This report was deleivered directly to RAIDEN, not others save MYSELF, TAKEAMADA, and TRISTAN, wil know of this unless told. Thank you and that is all!}
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 05:25:57 am by Marcus Kobra/Nikko Bludd » Logged

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:19:40 pm »

Raiden reads the report and rubs his chin.

The undead, like the orcs have always been the bane o' Cove.

The lads did well in burnin' the corpse. Best step up patrols of the shire and graveyard.

Raiden then eyes the massed piles of paper infront of him and sagged.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length