Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:46:04 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Suggestions Please
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Suggestions Please  (Read 5159 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2008, 05:59:32 pm »

The G&J tower is no longer in existance.. But what shall?

I have gotten hold of the plot so that we can all discuss the possible use for this plot. When all suggestions are made, I shall put up a poll with all the suggestions on. The building shall be converted into the suggestion with the most votes.

Please reply with your suggestions below, followed by why it would benefit Cove.

Thanks a lot!
-Rach/Kelly

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Olchafa Serpernt
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Mutters*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 06:13:27 pm »

I think a covian museum would be cool. A collection of items from various campaigns and well known events. Also items from famous people of cove or from famous people community wide.
 Maybe even a monument somewhere inside with a list of names of the fallen such as greystone.

I think it would give cove more history. Good to show of to new members to give the guild more depth to them.

*Signed Olchafa Serpernt*
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 06:14:57 pm »

Officer HQ;
Some sort of building for Command to hold their meetings in, as opposed to doing it via UO chat (chortle) or ICQ. The lower members of the army possibly gaining entrance as and when Command wish to talk to you, or once acquiring a certain rank or position within Cove.

Farm or Orchard;
A little typical I suppose but heh, it looks so pretty as a field.

Foreign Office;
An official building to receive and consult with our friends from across the realm.

S'all I got so far ! Kiss

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 06:17:36 pm »

Covian Templi Order Chapter House;

HQ, Armoury, Barracks and Stables of the Church.

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

"Amidst the chaos and confusion, only one thing is for certain; no one is safe from the noose!"
Farfar
Danger to Sobreity
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Cuddly little drunkard.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 07:20:53 pm »

Another pub but with free trinkets?

*scratches belly*

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 10:02:09 pm »

I personally like Siegfried and Chaffers' suggestions.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Jessica Goldeye
Criminal
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 12:21:08 am »

A Labor Camp For POW To work and make us what we need (minnig teams and Tree teams) full with  bunking and Guards (npc) and Guards (ic)

It would need Living quorters
Walls
Kitchen
Guard towers
And Team guards ( to wach over the work)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 02:18:22 am »

Hmm all ideas. I was thinking if possible. why one huge plot? I still beleive it can be broken down into numerous plots. I dont supose this is also a thread to protest/argue in so I wont.

Good day mates.

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 02:45:18 am »

I was thinking a "Covian Disciplinary and Negotiations Unit".

..Pretty self-explanatory, really?

A place that we could have offices, a place to negotiate with guilds about various things, rather than in the Baron's Office. Also a dining hall for said guilds when invited to negotiate over dinner.

This would by all means NOT be a Command-only thing. It could be used by all ranks, within reason.

Also a place to discipline the more straying recruits.

Just thought it'd be pretty neat, is all.

Smiley

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Jessica Goldeye
Criminal
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 04:40:10 am »

I tell you i stry aside once or twice or try and kill a recruit or a Churchy and suddenly they makie a building for punishment! lol j/k
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 05:22:21 am »

A lot of good suggestions all!  Here is my 2 shillings worth!

Plan A:  Cove Court House!  You could have a high security cells, offices for lawyers (that currently are not residing in cells), and A records office where any information about Cove could be kept, along with a place to issue warrants and licenses for various things!  A courtroom or two, and maybe a meeting room for high level talks with other guilds! And a place for punishment and executions of those convicted.

Plan B:  A plot to set up an outdoor market, so when we host the market, we could rent stalls (pre-made) for a price for the coffers, it would be fenced in with a Security post at the front to control the flow of personal and make it easier for nabbing those who wish to exploit the fair trade of cove.  Could have on the ground floor open air stalls and towards the back a second or even third level housing a small eatery, pub, shops the would require protection from the elements, and a admin office.

Plan C:  A true training center for the army, with obstacle course, classrooms, combat area, punishment area, and maybe a small mess!

Humbly submitted

Takeamada
Regular Grenadier
Baron’s Own
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 01:49:20 pm by Takeamada » Logged

Odenetheus
Maestro
Covian Regular

Kill! Maim! Burn!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 10:06:55 am »

I'm voting for Take's plan B. Hell, I know I'd be interested on joining the market on one of my alts, and it's easier if the stalls are premade. That way you could even more or less permanently hire a stall, eh?
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 11:26:56 am »

Kal already owns the open market.

Let's not steal his thunder, guys.

John Dell:

John Dell:
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 02:26:58 pm »

First of all, not trying to steal anyone’s thunder! (That’s the thief’s Guild job), Besides, Kal could be the manager of it!  The whole purpose was to get it to a safe location the has a bit of control and away from thing like the spawn, You could still set things up outside around the location for more room, and Kal’s market is just that a market, which by the way is very close to this location so he might get more customers, and he could support the Open air market quicker because of his location!  

The point was to give a Flea Market feel to it all and have a place that could be used for other events!  Because how I envisioned it is the upper deck could be turned into seating over looking the main market, the removable “fences” could be relocated and now you have a place for plays, parties, tournaments, dances, the annual Cove Night out dinner, Etc, etc…  You have to think long term!!!

So I’m sorry if you think I was toe stepping or thunder stealing, was not my intent!  My intent was to see something other the drunken guards and crime.  Be nice to see a bit of culture come back to Cove!!!  After all we are the best!  And this also depends on plot size?  So this could end up a mute point!

Here is a bad drawing of what “could” happen?

*Signed humbly*

Takeamada
Regular Grenadier
Baron’s Own

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 02:36:02 pm »

Sexy looking plan, Take, and good ideas, everyone!

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length