Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 08:42:38 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Suggestions Please
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Suggestions Please  (Read 5146 times)
Jessica Goldeye
Criminal
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 02:41:14 pm »

I vote Takes Plan A i like the Lawyer thing and you all know i like to Be involved in crime... But maby this would be a healthyer way?
Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 03:17:24 pm »

I vote Takes Plan A i like the Lawyer thing and you all know i like to Be involved in crime... But maby this would be a healthyer way?

Don't think anything legally based would be a good idea. First and foremost we don't have any laywers as a direct result of not really having many trials.

The plot should be put to a more permanent use.
Ileana Leontine
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 03:22:31 pm »

Personally I'd like to see it become a kind of 'Baron's Court', combining several ideas mentioned in this thread.  It could be used for court proceedings, negotiation with other guilds, promotion parades (with the top of the barracks becoming completely a training ground as suggested by Takeamada. In general, it could act as the main administrative building in Cove... plus, in a shameless plug, having the courts near the library will help for reference to law texts Tongue

To respond to Graem, it can be multi-purpose as above. A clear central court can be decorated for court proceedings, or feasts, or whatever as necessary.
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 04:47:49 pm »

On another note. I'd liek to point out the town hall. In its history I know that it is were al civilian promotions take place. The govenor has held his meetings there. I also know that the second floor is still Arkay's ARchery guild. Debunked and innactive. I hate to step on Arkay's cake, but it, the boxing league, and eve the dragoons dont have the administrative infrastructior being worked, nor do they have the numbers.

In honesty I dont feel we need a meeting hall of anykind whilst we still have the town hall which could be slightly re-furnished or leftwith furnishings stored in crates for diffrent forms of events. A multi purpose room if you will. I'm simply saying we should put to grand use waht we have NOW before doubling up or making a bilding completly obsolete in the future by making another building.

PArdon me if I've stomped and chests or booted any groins but.... Just my opinion and I felt here was as good as any place ot bring it up!

Thank you all for listening!

*Signed*

MK

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 06:21:39 pm »

Make it into a shrine to me Smiley

Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 10:12:16 pm »

*Walks into the thread disguised as a Covian*

Well i like Father Sigfried's idea. As the church seems to be like a miniguild within Cove and have its own units etc etc, but it only has the church which can only be used for ceremonies and such. If they had a HQ that would be great for them, a place for them to have their own training events etc, a place for them to sleep, do their own thing etc etc Smiley Plenty of potential for RP there, religions can be really fun to RP With Smiley I love teasing the churchies with my cats Cheesy

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 10:41:54 pm »

Re-reviewing the suggestions, I feel it incumbent to further explain the Preceptory suggestion, given that I see no one here has come forth to claim ownership of the plot, and quite frankly the majority of the suggestions here are already in existence, or merely ‘ideas with good intentions’ that will soon be forgotten and un-used.

A Preceptory is a localised headquarters of the Templi Order which speaks for itself, and will be the Preceptory for the entire Northern Chapter; covering Minoc, Vesper, and Cove. Given the phoenix from the flames revival of the Church recently, and the forum/shard wide recruitment campaign, I am expecting the Church project to become rather sizeable, and as such may well be in need of a plot that size to hold what I have planned for it.

I would prefer the plot by Vesper crossroads, but it seems the owner is inactive, un-contactable, and I am informed she is sentimentally attached to it; and gaining it would come at a considerable real-life financial cost to me.

The Preceptory needs to be quite sizeable in order to hold:

• Gatehouse/Tower
  • Open-air training ground surrounded by miniature battlements, linking the building to the gatehouse.
  • Stables
  • Armoury
  • Storage Room
  • Dormitory
  • Study
  • 2-man chapel (For silent prayer)
  • And possibly a meeting table, or holding cell/interrogation chamber

As you can see, the project would need quite some space, and having spent the previous week searching the northern reaches of Britannia for a plot not too small and not too far away, this, besides the crossroads plot is the best available.

In all honesty I believe this plot would be put to much better use than any of the suggestions that predate this.

The Church as a building is not owned by myself, and contains the personal possessions of the owner. I cannot change it, despite some flaws in it's design; it is not practical to hold what the Church requires as an element of the guild.

Regards
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:54:53 pm by Siegfried » Logged

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

"Amidst the chaos and confusion, only one thing is for certain; no one is safe from the noose!"
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 09:40:59 am »

I like Take's Plan A.

Officers can be lawyers... like in old IRL Army..!

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length