Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:44:39 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Attention Citizens and Guardsmen!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Attention Citizens and Guardsmen!  (Read 2660 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2008, 04:16:25 pm »

The army needs your help with the following resources:

5000 Arrows
5000 Crossbow Bolts
5 Crossbows (exceptional)
5 Bows (exceptional)

Recruitment kits consisting of the following:

Shadow Iron Ringmail Sleeves
Shadow Iron Ringmail Gloves
Shadow Iron Ringmail Leggings
Shadow Iron Platemail Gorget
Shadow Iron Close Helm
Dull Copper Parade Arm (Halberd)
Shadow Iron Metal Round Shield
Covian Sash
Covian Kilt
Covian Boots (In the correct colour!)
Covian Bandana

*For each recruitment kit made, guardsmen shall recieve 1000 coins. For citizens, they shall recieve an appropriate amount of shillings for their work.

*For each 100 bolts/arrows made, guardsmen shall recieve 1500 coins. For citizens, they shall recieve an appropriate amount of shillings for their work.

*If a patrol is led by a guardsman to recieve these materials and goods, it shall count towards promotion.

Reminder:
All produce must be exceptional!

*Signed*
Army Administration

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:46:23 pm by Kelly Sanderson » Logged

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Chopper
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 06:30:24 am »

I was sitting about when I got word that Miss Valentine was in need of some supplies, Recruits uniforms I beleave. I then got up and headed into me shop and went to counten me resources to make sure none was needed gathering. After maken sure I had enough metal I then set out to makeing all the armors. Hours went by when I finished the last of the ringmail armors I then crates them up in seperate packs to find out that one crate wasn't enough, I then made two more crates and filled them all with the packed armors and then took them to the Barracks so they would not get stolen from me. I piled the medium crates on the bif crate in the Barracks Store Room then headed out back to me shop to finish the order.

Back at the Shop I then set out making all the shields, Halberds, and Closed Helms, I pouned and pounded till the ringing in me ears went away. A few more hours went by and I finisted the rest of the metal items for the Recruits uniforms then took them over to the Barracks to place them in each pack to make a complete set.

I then went to me shop to gather the cloth needed to make the final peaces to make the full Recruits Uniform Sets. I sat down with sissors in hand and went to cutting the peaces of cloth to the desired shapes and sizes. Cut and sew cut and sew, me hands were hurting so bad after swingen me hammer for so long I did not know if I would beable to finish. Kal came by to see me was doing and told me to remember the races I had with his mother, of course she would always win but I was close. I cut and sewed faster and faster till finally the last was finished. Looking over it all being satisfied with me work I foled each one in a pile of their own then packed them uo and headed to the Barracks to finishen assembling the Recruits uniforms.

This would not have been possible if it wasn't for me gathering material for months and months. I hope they are all to yer liking Miss Valentine, There are a total of 20 new Full Recruits Uniforms in the Barracks Store Room.

Signed: Commoner: Mat ShadowHand

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 07:14:24 am »

A damn fine effort Chopper and damn fine workmanship too.

Almost makes me want ter be a recruit again, just to wear such finely crafted armour...

Almost... *grins*

Now we need ter get crackin' with some recruitment ter get these uniforms filled!

150 Shillings Awarded - Mat "Chopper" ShadowHand.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:14:47 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 12:02:09 pm »

It was late yesterday evening when I decided to get to work filling the Baronship's order for five thousand arrows and bolts, a large amount but one I thought I could manage. I remembered I had a large supply of shafts from an old friend and once I'd thinned the chicken population of Britannia somewhat I had an equal amount of feathers.

Sitting down in my tower I lay both components on the floor and set about sharpening the shafts and then carefully applying the feathers to the opposite end as flights. It was a long and somewhat mind numbing task but I counted out each arrow, both to keep track and to convince myself the job would soon be complete.

At some point I began mumbling away to myself and introducing the freshly crafted bolts to the pile of five thousand arrows I'd piled at my side.

"Bolty, these are you friends now you hear...? I know, I know there's a lot of them but I trust in your good nature and ability to understand, I'm confident you'll become very dear to each other. What!? No no you can't do that ! BOLTY, cease and desist, Anthony the Arrow is not begging you to pull his flights off. No Bolty, NO ! Right that's it young man, you're getting a snapped bottom."

A little while after this encounter I passed out, or at least I assume I did since when I awoke the sun was streaming through the narrow windows of my tower and the pile of bolts was only numbering two thousand. I made myself a stiff drink to clear my head and got to work on the remaining shafts. In a short space of time I had completed the order and loaded it into the packs of my horse.

With a portal opened to the barracks I led the animal inside and deposited the ammunition.

To close the report I would like to remind all guardsmen....

"Never underestimate the psychologically damaging effects of repetitive tasks."

Signed in messy flowing handwriting,
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 12:26:58 pm by Kas Valentine » Logged

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:25:00 am »

Yer one bent ejit sah!

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length