Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:21:35 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Guardsman Duties
| | |-+  Recruit Duties
| | | |-+  Recruit Duty ~ Bug Problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recruit Duty ~ Bug Problem  (Read 2689 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2008, 10:20:27 am »

Cove's farmers union has approached the army to help them with a bug problem. It seems ants are blighting their crops. Now normally I would have told them to bugger off... We're highly trained warriors not bloody pest controllers. However it turns out these ants are 6 feet long!

~ Head to the Solen Hives and exterminate as many ants as you can. Including their queen.
~ Take at least 1 other guardsman with you.
~ Bring back as much loot as you can carry. Half for the coffers and half for those attending.
~ Post a full report on the main notice board including a sketch of the slain ant queen. (In Character Board)

This task may be completed by Guardsmen Recruits only.
This task may only be completed once per character.

Commander's comments: This would be a daring mission to attempt alone so it might be best to take some of your fellows with you. You don't want to be cut off and alone in the ant caves.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 09:34:58 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Alex_Hawke
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 12:35:15 am »

Led by - Guardsman Recruit Alexander Hawke

Attended by - Watchman Garrison Hawke

I was eager to complete some recruit tasks to try and get promoted and the sollen hive seemed like an easy enough task to complete. I went to the barracks to see if anyone was around, and Garrison just so happened to be there. We talked for a while and then we set of to the hive, not knowing just how challenging it would be.

When we got to the hive it was some what hard to navigate the tunnels, but we searched until we found a Queen. We were able to kill it but as it died acid splashed on us, and as if that wasn't enough a solen warrior charged from the shadows, spitting acid on Watchman Hawke and knocking him out. When he came to  his helmet was no where to be found. I had been able to kill the warrior and get Garrison  back on his feet, when another queen came into the nest. This time we where much more careful of the acid and knew about the warrior that would inevitably come to defend it, and were able to kill then both. We got the gold off the Queens, workers, and warriors and marched back to the barracks. The total amount of gold we got was 12,000 (I need an officer to put the gold in the coffer for me) 6,00 for the coffers and the Watchman and I both agreed to put our shares in the coffer.

*signed Alexander Hawke*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length