Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:31:15 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Guardsman Duties
| | |-+  Completed Guardsman Duties
| | | |-+  Mercenary Task ~ Poison Licence
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mercenary Task ~ Poison Licence  (Read 2262 times)
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2009, 10:28:15 pm »

The art of poisoning... Deadly when used properly, and a powerful addition to any surprise attack, filling the victim with a crippling nausea that soon brings them to their knees...

Poison is far too deadly a tool to be used by just anyone with a blade... Prove to me that you're able to do these tasks, and I might just believe you can handle yourself with a few vials.

Part One - The Poison

Poison doesn't just appear out of thin air. It has to be made. Most poison is produced from nightshade, but that's not what you're going to bring me. Here's what you're going to do...

1) Head out to a City Library to read up on the art and manufacture of poisons.

2) Seek out Petrus the Beekeeper in the lands east of Compassion Moongate. He will give you important advice as to the use of poison by animals.

3) Travel southwest to the sandy region. Here you will find speckled scorpions, which carry a potent poison in their stings. Kill these, and recover two poison sacks. These are the ones I want you to bring me.

Part Two - The Cure

When training the art of poison, one thing is certain. You will get some on you, and become ill. When you use poison, you must be able to cure it. The most effective way to do this is with cure potions, but they also don't appear out of nowhere.

Poison cures are mostly made from Garlic. Head to Cove graveyard and slay the spirits within for magical reagents until you have 30 garlic.

Be careful of the lich!

Notes
~ You must be a Mercenary Above to complete this task.
~ You can complete this task alone, or with help if you wish.
~ You must have 70.0 poison skill to use it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:30:36 pm by Hoagie » Logged

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length