Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:36:30 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  Baronship Announcements
| | |-+  Old Announcements
| | | |-+  [RTR] Event Ettiquette.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [RTR] Event Ettiquette.  (Read 3723 times)
Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2009, 03:17:59 pm »

I believe this is something that needs to be addressed and has gotten out of hand again recently.  Perhaps because of the guild now being Mercinaries it seems some believe that discipline doesn't apply anymore.  But when someone is trying to lead an event it goes beyond that, it is being respectful to that player. 

This is just as important on a patrol where you can put the entire group in danger if you decide to run ahead just to get some hits into a monster first.  As it does any other event.  It doesn't matter if the person is lower rank or the same rank as you, you stay behind them and take orders.  It's very difficult to get members to run events and patrols and it is disheartening to them if those who go along either disregard orders or don't listen to what is being said.

Talking in guildchat during an event is another issue, there should always be a party made during the event so things can be said in that to avoid them spilling over.  Guildchat is to inform others an event is happening and to arrange for them to meet up and join in, or for those ingame to enquire if something is happening.

I know most of us have all been at fault to this but from now let make an effort to get things right again.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 03:14:32 am by Linaeus » Logged

Pickles
Cove Command
Covian Veteran

Vinegar soaked Cucumber.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 05:31:13 pm »

Thanks a lot for bringing this up, very helpful Smiley

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 06:04:18 pm »

Hear, hear.

~ Raiden.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:09:25 pm »

Make it [RTR] Smiley
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 12:11:49 am »

Make it [RTR] Smiley

Done. Wink

I'd just like to elaborate on my somewhat short earlier reply.

It takes a lot of time and effort to schedule and run events, it can also be very daunting to people new to RP, new to UO and indeed new to BoC. It can even be daunting for Commanders.  Wink

So please support people who are actually taking the time to run events for your enjoyment.

Try not to go charging off. Remember no-one should advance further than the mercenary commanding.
Try not to abuse GC. This is annoying at the best of times but it can be an unwelcome distraction especially during events.
If things go wrong be supportive. People don't do it on purpose. S'only pixels afterall.

In short, to you Covians that do run events, I take my hat off to you.

Command members can't be around 24/7 and while we try and offer as many and as varied and hopefully enjoyable events as we can, unfortunately it's just not possible for us to supply multiple events every night of the week, so those of you who do run events, thank you and Command is currently looking into ways of rewarding event runners further.

And if you arent running events but want to start...

Here's a list of events to try, or simply come up with your own:

http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,6943.0.html

And here's how to put your event on the calendar:

http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,8224.0.html

Or simpy post it as a new topic on the events board.

~ Raiden.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 01:07:32 pm »

I understand that its nice to have organised events, everyone behaving themselves and its nice to see the rules brought to light when someone steps out of line.

I go to many events and I don't see any major issues? People are behaved, a couple of times a few people run ahead of Raiden but then after a word or two they understand hes beeing eating too many pies and walks slow so everyone keeps up and doesn't get lost. Last night people went the wrong way when following Hoagie around the graveyard, that is going to sometimes happen but this issue must be addressed directly with the offenders in private?

I see your frustration here but everyone reading this should know the rules and understand its nice to be nice. This reminds me we need to get the new recruits to visit the forums Smiley

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 12:11:07 pm »

I'm with Faden!

Felt insulted.

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length