Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:57:31 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Arcanist Board (Moderator: Pickles)
| | |-+  Arcanist Trials ~ Leander Le Blanc
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Arcanist Trials ~ Leander Le Blanc  (Read 2692 times)
Pickles
Covian Veteran

Vinegar soaked Cucumber.

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2009, 04:05:55 pm »

Leblahblahblah! Want to be an Arcanist do you? Well we'll see about that! It takes a lot of work to become an Arcanist, it's not like the company where you can just request a title! We have to earn it here in the Army! Complete these three tasks, and you would have earned your place as an Arcanist.

Task One! ~ Showing our Gentle Side!
A lot of the people in the Army seem to find that Arcane Magic is only for evil and corrupt men. I want you to run a training highlighting the good aspects of Arcane Magic to these men and women, to show them a brighter side of Arcane Magic. Hopefully we can pull our faces out from the mud.

~Lead a Training Highlighting and explaining the good aspects of Magery.
~At least Four (4) other Guardsmen or Recruits must attend.
~Post a full report with sketches below.

Task Two! ~ Showing our Strength!
People think that Arcanists are whimps! They think we're all weak and lazy. Well, we need to work on this lead a training for Arcanists for Physical training. rcanists are just as strong as everyone else and we need to prove it. Ill thoughts to one area of the Army creates tension between the ranks.

~Lead a Physical Training for Arcanists.
~At least Two (2) Arcanists or Arcanist Recruits must attend.
~Post a fulle report with sketches below.

Task Three! ~ Filling the Library!
The Arcanist Tower Library needs the shelves to be a little better stocked. Yes, we've got some nice books from Moonglow, but we need to find some rarer tomes to study. I want you to lead a Hunt to Wind, That's right, Wind! The lost, forgotten city, protected by all sorts of evil. Look for usefule tomes for us Arcanists and bring them back.

~Lead a Hunt to Wind.
~Atleast Three (3) Arcanists or Arcanist Recruits Must Attend.
~Collect atleast 10,000 coins from this hunt (Your main objective is the books).
~Post a full report with sketches below.

Good Luck Leander!

*Signed*
Elizabeth "Pickles" Martin
Officer Cadet
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:40:30 pm by Pickles » Logged

Leander
Arcanist
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

Le BLAAAAH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 10:25:39 pm »

Showing our Strength!

In Command

Regular Guardsman Leander Le Blanc

Guardsmen in Attendance
Illyana Drachen, Arcanist Corporal
Elizabeth Martin, Officer Cadet
Cal'ain Cui'gnir, Guardsman recruit

When
Tuesday 8th February

Where
The Barracks roof and all over Cove!

I led the arcanists on a physical training that would kick their (any my) arses! Part of the deal was I did what I dished out, so I did every exercise with them. As an arcanist I need to build as much muscle as the rest of the army. Cal'ain attended, though not a true arcanist, he was more than welcome, I opened the training up to all once I filled the arcanist quota. And he did the press-ups faster than me!

I began with basic tactical commands making sure we still had those cat-like reflexes going. By the end of the drill we had pristine movement, executed in a snap, all were attentive and in unison. I inspected the line to make sure everyone had fallen in properly, every salute was crisp, and every buckle was polished. I also told them they better have their kits well stocked, it was gonna be needed for this training.

Next thing's next! I ordered them to do laps around the training area, I ran with them, and we counted off each one. It was brutal, especially on an empty stomach. I wasn't going to stop there though. The armor had to come off and we had to drop to the ground and do some intense press-ups. I considered doing them on fists, but in my benevolence I settled for palms.

Once that was done we ran down from the barracks to do a bit of swimming in the freezing February winds. Snow on the ground isn't going to stop a Covian from getting in the water! We did a breast stroke around the entire lake, leaving us freezing, winded, and sufficiently exhausted. In hindsight it may have been a bad idea, I don't want anyone to catch pneumonia, but man was it exhilarating.

The final part of the training was the most brutal! Climing the mountain. I wanted them to climb so high that they could see the tip of the highlander's houses. Using the boot spikes in our kits we began to tear into the rock, elevating ourselves further and futher. The name of the game was “don't look down.” I yelled at anyone that even tried to use magic, since its important for a guardsman not to become lazy using arcane spells for everything. After reaching a high point of elevation we began our descent slowly and carefully! Cadet Martine codename “Pickles” fell a fair few feet and we rushed to her aid immediately. Corporal Illyana and I tried to get her to go to the hospital, but that woman is tough as nails.

We rallied on the barracks roof and after one last formation I saluted and dismissed the guardsmen.

HERO SQUAD!

*Signed magically*
Leander Le Blanc,
Regular Guardsman
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:38:32 pm by Leander Le Blanc » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length