Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:19:08 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Light Company Board (Moderator: Linaeus)
| | |-+  New Orders - Important.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Orders - Important.  (Read 3743 times)
Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:33:27 pm »

During a recent meeting in Britain I have heard there is a possibility that our recent King will be sending troops out into the nearby areas.  Therefore all Scouts and potentials are to keep regular patrols and studies of the areas between Minoc, Cove and Vesper.  Including their town centres. Until further notice.
(Disguises are suggested for use within Vesper and be sure not to upset any locals there.)

Post any reports below.

*signed neatly*

Aliryl Trefynwyd

Xavier
Watchman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 10:53:26 am »

Minoc Patrol

Having had my fill of the foul weather which seems to have laid seige upon Cove I made my way to Minoc. Wearing clothes I had taken from a dispatched brigand a  few days before I made my way to the city's bank. Spotting the town crier I asked if he had any news....he did not.

I then made my way about the town. Nothing seemed out of sorts, there were many citizens out and about even though dusk had already settled. I stopped in the local tavern where I asked about Casca sending troops. I learned that some royal guards were guarding the eastern road.

I decided first to check the southern road just to make sure it was clear of Royal Guards, which apparently it was as I came upon a group of outlaws camped right beside the road.

I turned back and headed towards the eastern road. There were only two royal guards stationed there. It seemed as though they were keeping a watch more on traffic leaving Minoc then on potential dangers coming from Vesper. Also of note there were four men without armor and carrying bows patrolling near the guards. A town miltia perhaps, or maybe royal guards in disguise?

I then began to head back to Cove. At the crossroads near Vesper I came upon the remainder of a Royal Guard force that had been attacked earlier in the week by the vespian's new "army". I had read about the fight at the crossroads in this weeks edition of the trinsic beacon...

In the woods near the Crossroads I discovered a pink cape that seemed to be stuck in the mud, as I could not budge it. The cape was of exceptional quality and bore a makers mark of "M. Foxglove"....didn't that Hawke fellow wear a pink cape during Van's quest a few weeks back?

Being unable to retrieve the cloak I made my way back into Covian lands. I have included a few sketches of my patrol

*Signed Neatly*

~Xavier Kage~
Xavier
Watchman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 11:37:48 am »

To: Officer Cadet Aliryl

Update Vesper/Minoc

Greetings Aliryl, This morning I made another patrol of the cross-roads near Vesper and sighted a barricade manned by Royal Guards. It would seem Casca has sent reinforcements.

I continued on to Minoc to see if reinforcements had been sent there as well. On the contrary it would appear that Minoc is defensless except for a few unarmed archers patrolling the eastern road, no Royal Guards were spotted on either road.

A sketch of both areas:

*Signed*

~Xavier Kage~
Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 05:25:49 pm »

Good work Xavier, I hope our other Scouts and potentials will take a leaf from your book and also keep an eye on the activities of these Guards.

*signed*

Aliryl Trefynwyd

Me'an Silen
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 01:57:55 am »

*leter to Aliryl* 

Dear Aliryl,

this is an update from the town in whitch you know i go. the royalist made a move on Vesper and found it undefended at the time so their raiding party withdrew insted of occupying it. I fear Vesper will fall to the Royalist Scum, i found a page that fell from a raiders notes. i copyed it and it will be with the following pictures..

Other then that Vesper is Quiet. so i went and scouted up to the crossroads. i found some dry bloody footprints so i followed them it lead me to a cloak. The Royalist may have taken their first kill...

*signed*

Me'an Silen, Watchmen

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 09:57:51 pm »

Good work Me'an..  I fear those footprints lead to a cloak which I believe to be that of Nathan Hawke's which is troubling.

*signed*

Aliryl Trefynwyd

Xavier
Watchman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 10:42:08 am »

To: Officer Cadet Aliryl

Report: Tracking Bloody Footprints

Greetings Aliryl,

I accidently stumbled upon fellow Watchman Silen's report which mentioned bloody footprints...I thought this odd for when I discovered the pink cloak at the crossroads I did not see any bloody footprints.

I went back to the spot where the cloak was discovered and followed the footprints back to the Minoc Moongate. There the trail seemed to grow cold. But later that evening I was placing recruitment banners and decided to place some at the Ilshenar shrines as well.

At the Justice shrine I found another bloody footprint. Somewhat surprised I searched the area and found more leading towards the old city of Mistas.

I followed the trail, avoiding jukans and golems, all the way into the center of the city and into one of the derelict buildings. There I found what appeared to be a journal. I have enclosed a copy of it along with some sketches.

*Neatly Signed*

~Xavier Kage~

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 02:21:27 pm »

Dear Xavier,

Excellent work, I think it may be worth conferring with some of the Trinsicans who have taken a close following to Mr Hawke and seeing if they have any knowledge of this.  Maybe a further patrol to Mistas will be in order, but with more guards.  I would rather not risk the lives of good scouts.

*signed*

Aliryl Trefynwyd

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length