Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:38:51 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Guardsman Duties
| | |-+  Completed Guardsman Duties
| | | |-+  Junior Duty ~ Recruitment Supplies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Junior Duty ~ Recruitment Supplies  (Read 4098 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 05, 2009, 02:33:54 pm »

Gah! The recruitment pouch runnin' low again?

Recruitment is a never ending task and the demand for materials such as leaflets and runes is high... Guardsmen are recruited, some live and some die... We need more.

~ Copy 40 leaflets.
~ Or mark 40 runes for the barracks.
~ Or supply 100 torches & 500 of each coloured cloth.
~ Write a short report of your efforts with sketches below and see to it the supplies find their way into the recruitment pouch.

This task may be completed by Junior Guardsmen.
This task may only be completed once per character.

Commander's comments: Be sure ter mark yer runes in the shadow of the buildings around the barracks. I nay like folk appearin' out o' thin in right before my eyes.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Lucas Drachen
The Covian Cannon
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Probably Dead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 03:28:54 am »

Not quite sure how great a report to write on this. But I marked Fourty Runes for the Recruitment bag in the shadow of The Barracks. I have placed them within the bag for use.

Hoagie: "Lobster battallion, chaaaarge!"
Arel Mortan
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 07:24:11 pm »

As I was checking all was in form within the Barracks this afternoon, I discovered the leaflets in the recruitment bag only contained the one book. I set to work and created fourty more pamphlets, which took quite a long time to scribe, for guardsmen to use at their own discretion.

Not unlike Junior Drachen, I do not know how else to describe what I did in this duty.

*Signed neatly*
Arel Mortan, Junior Grenadier

Leander
Arcanist
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

Le BLAAAAH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:17:18 am »

T'was early in the morning on this 17th of September when upon inspection I discovered the rune supply in the barracks was low indeed.

Much as I hath come to detest Vesper, one cannot deny their ingenuity for all things arcane. While they delve deeper into wytchery than I ever would (I hath heard rumors of Necromancy afoot lately), and are most surely damned to suffer in Hell -- in shame, calamity and woe; I found the city to be the perfect place to obtain more of the magical rocks or "runes" that provide transport to the glorious lands of Coveshire. I purchased forty of these and made haste to the barracks. For I do not wish to remain too long amongst the damned, whose testimony is sealed, for fear it may rub off on my own honor.

I crept behind the barracks while I wove my spells, ensuring that anyone traveling to Cove would not suddenly "appear" in a most crude and unnatural fashion in front of the barracks, or worse, the Church of Cove. Therefore I took extra care to "mark" these rocks in the shadows.

Once the arduous task was completed, and my energies and mana spent, I slumped down at a table in the barracks. Upon each stone I began to label with my quill "The Baronship of Cove - Barracks" so that there could be no confusion as to the purpose of these gilded rocks.

Once all were engraved I stowed them away in with the recruitment supplies. May they be used to spread the word of our Sosarian lord, the most noble baron and his esteemed court - and our Heavenly lord His Holiness, Avatar.

*Signed Tidily*
Leander Le Blanc,
Junior Guardsman

Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 06:14:55 am »

A bit later on during the evening I felt like placing some banners, a surprise to my eyes when I noticed how low we were on recruitment supplies, we was low on flyer, cloth and torches! I hath not the skills to mark runes however, which we were also low on..

I did not hesitate, I went from shop to shop around the lands buying flyers and enough cloth for our banners.. I completed 40 flyers and dumped 500 of each colored cloth and 100 torches into the recruitment supplies.

That should last us a while!

*sketches*

*signed*

Jassi Cowin

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Aleri Briggs
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 06:26:16 am »

Recruitment Suplies - 13/07/2011

After cheking the state of our recruitment suplies in the Barraks, I noticed the number of flies flyers have gone downe! Good for rekruitment and bad for recruitmente at the same time! I thought...a Guardsman duty AND riting practise? Sounds perfekt! Let's get to wrok!

First stop Britayn! And remarkablely, they were expensive this time round when I thoughrt I had a lokal hookup! What the deuce?!

FIFTEEN! I REPEAT FIFTEEN GOLD PECES!

The British gits only had 20 books as it is, sow I hade to take a tripp down to Luna to get the rest. Surprize surprise, 15 gold peces again! A conspiraracy against Aleri this is! A conspsiracy I tell you!

Mi pockets never felt so lite!

Back off to my shack, where I scribled to what felt like hours. Mostli becaus I was scribling for hours on the acount of my bad handriting, spelling and patiense. Nevertheles, 40 books stocked!

Job's done!

Aleri Briggs,
Junior Guardsman
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length