Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:16:10 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Guardsman Duties
| | |-+  Recruit Duties
| | | |-+  Recruit Duty ~ Dedicated Follower of Fashion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recruit Duty ~ Dedicated Follower of Fashion  (Read 3678 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2009, 08:21:06 pm »

Dear Recruits,

We all want to look good, all of us, even Buttons. But what is the price of looking so utterly fantastic? Well I'll tell you my eager little chums, the price is in cloth and leather and the Baronship needs giant piles of each. If we don't have cloth then how do you look dapper for the next rowdy ale party we decide to throw? How do you charm that "other recruit" you've always had a crush on? As for leather, if we don't have that what exactly is going to protect you from the weapons of Vesper? Or the claws of a giant Balron?

I trust you see our predicament now, so get out there and start gathering.

Dedicated Follower of Fashion;

~ Yew is now a friendly province so head north and shear as many sheep as you can, failing that head to 'Glow and plunder the cotton fields.
~ Stitch five bolts of cloth to donate to the Baronship supply pile.
~ Seek out creatures with tough hides and annihilate them.
~ Collect 500 leather OR 400 spined leather OR 300 barbed leather for the Baronship supply pile.
~ Pen a report with sketches and pin it below.
~ You may do this alone or with up to two other recruits.

This may be completed by Guardsman Recruits only.
This may be completed once per character.

Walk the catwalk like heroes.

Signed in flowing handwriting which is attractive to the eye,
Senior Arcanist Kas Valentine.

Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 09:05:27 pm »

Weaved 20 bolts of fabric, but it wasn't good enough to make even ugly beige underwear, so I cut it apart for bandages and put it on the pile in the Barracks. Left a few whole in the only supply container I could open.

Syvirosy Jaquen
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:43:52 am »

Being much bored I am looking for something to do and reading the tasks, with there being no other Guardsmen awake I am finding task I can be doing alone.  So I am finding this one. 

Being in want of a walk I am heading to Yew to the sheep pens, it is a bright sunny day, good for walking amongst the woods.  The pens being much full of sheep with their thick wooly coats is making this task very easy.   So I am happy to be clipping their wool and stuffing into a bag, when I am having much wool I head into the city of Britain to spin and make the cloth. 

From there I am taking a packhorse and is long walk to the mountains through the passage and into Despise where I am finding the lizardmen.  The lizardmen fall fast to my dancing with the blade and I was quick gathering the needed leather.  When I am carrying as much as I can I leave the lizardmen behind and take my prizes back home to Cove.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length