Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:49:41 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Guardsman Duties
| | |-+  Recruit Duties
| | | |-+  Recruit Duty ~ There at The Walls!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recruit Duty ~ There at The Walls!!  (Read 2901 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2009, 06:53:35 am »

. . . And they sure look ugly! The towns palisades are looking abit. . . grimmey, a touch dry rotted, and well frankly a lilly Vesperian beast-child could walk right through the parts that nay have doors!

Task:
*You are to arrange for trees to be felled.
*You will organize a work party to remove the old beams and set the new ones.
*Now is the time to improve your writting skills and ponder making rank so ye nay have to
  do such drudgery again!

Note: This task is entirley RP.

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Serj Eason
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 10:00:35 pm »

Step 1. Inspecting the Wall
I began a rudimentary inspection o' tha' wall to see where it be needin' improvement. Generally, tha' northern parts o' tha' Covian wall seemed tha' most in disrepair. The southern sections seemed alroight.

I identified;
* Exterior northern wall section needs replacin'.
* Interior northern wall section needs reinforcin'.
* Topside palisades need replacin'.
* Gate seems ter be in good nick ba' needs some oilin'.
* Will probably need a team o' four labourers to complete this work.

Step 2. Seeking Advice
I elected ter get some counsel on 'ow best ter approach this. I figured where better ter venture than Britain to find some carpenters ter talk to. The capital seemed ter be busy. I bumped inter some ol' timers havin' a chat. They offered me some advice about tha' Covian wall situation - generally, ter make tha' wall taller. After our lil' talk, I made mah courtesies an' tried ter find tha' Carpenters.
Been a while, o'course, since I visited Britain. Got a lil' lost ba' found Tha' King's Men Theatre! I couldn't help ba' tread them boards an' recite some lines.
I eventually found tha' Carpenters. I asked 'em some initial questions an' was then told ter wait..

The duty will continue.

For my family.

Holder of The Golden Quill and The Ribbon of Activity.

Serj Speaks: A Bard's Journal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length