Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 09, 2024, 10:31:10 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [COMPLETE] Watchman Trial ~ Thomas Aylmer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Watchman Trial ~ Thomas Aylmer  (Read 2292 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2009, 11:03:14 pm »

This lad still alive? I'd 'ave thought he'd 'ave got himself killed by now. Ah well, he must be doin' summat right. Let's see if he has what it takes to make Junior and his chance ter join the Arcanists.

Task One ~ Recruitment.

Lead a recruitment parade/stall in New Haven. Regail the Havenites with the virtues of our fine town and with tales of courage, advertising the Covian army in general and dare I say it, the Arcanist squad in particular. While you are about it lay some banners at public moongates too!

~ Lead a recruitment parade/stall in New Haven for no less than 30 minutes.
~ At least 4 other Covians must join you on this task.
~ Place 10 recruitment banners at the public moongates of your choice.
~ Post a full report of your recruitment efforts below.

Task Two ~ Training.

Lead a training session focussing on basic orders, targetting and combat. Pass on what you have learnt to new recruits and impress your seniors with your knowledge and know how.

~ Lead a training session.
~ At least 4 over Guardsmen must attend.
~ Post a full report below.

Task Three ~ Putting It Into Practice.

Lead a hunting expedition to Tokuno and fetch back a trophy for the glory of Cove. Make sure your party heed your orders and maintain discipline on this expedition at all times.

~ Lead a trophy hunt to Tokuno.
~ At least 5 other Covians must join you on this expedition.
~ Return with at least 20,000 coins for the coffers.
~ Post a full report below, including the corpse of your trophy.

Good luck Aylmer!

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:58:44 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:31:43 am »

Leading:
Thomas Aylmer, Watchman

Attending:
Demarian Tel'var, Regular Guardsman
Rita Whalebiter, Junior Guardsman
Bersi, Guardsman Recruit
Dave Williams, Guardsman Recruit

In order to complete the second part of my trial, I rallied some men on the Barracks roof, and commenced the training! I started by going over respect within the army, and why superior guardsmen should be respected! After this, I went on to explain the value of battle commands such as forming, and then went through arming up, readying arms, putting on battle gear, and so on, until all battle orders had been explained and drilled.

After going over battle commands, I moved onto the importance of targeting. I demonstrated how, with everyone targeting different people, it was much more difficult to grind down an opposing force than if everyone focused their attacks on the same person. We split into twos and did some targeting practice, and then finished up with a free for all!

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 12:30:06 am »

Leading:
Thomas Aylmer, Watchman

Attending:
Octiovus, Baron
Penny Freckletip, Steward
Maibaum Holzfee, Citizen

Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman
Demarian Tel'var, Regular Guardsman
Kelban, Guardsman Recruit
Aslin, Guardsman Recruit

At the seventh hour, we rallied at the barracks in order to go to New Haven and bring in some fresh blood for the Army! While we didn't recruit anyone on the day, we certainly piqued a lot of peoples' interest, with many saying they'd consider it, and even the Baron in attendance in order to harass employ people into his household staff.

We laid a banner in the town, and set up a table with some refreshments to draw in the punters. I deflected a troublemaker with some sharp comments about the size of his head, and all was well.

*Signed*
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 09:51:55 am »

Good work so far Aylmer.

Nay get yerself killed in Tokuno eh?

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 05:13:24 am »

Apologies for the lateness of this report! All ranks reflect the positions of the guardsmen at the time of the expedition.

Leading:
Thomas Aylmer, Watchman

Attending:
Grief Dryfh Gry, Hardened Guardsman
Kas Valentine, Senior Arcanist
Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman
Buttons, Junior Grenadier
Kelban, Guardsman Recruit
Abigail Keres, Guardsman Recruit

*Signed*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length