Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 02:54:41 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Computer Crash OMG
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Computer Crash OMG  (Read 2565 times)
Ginger
« on: May 31, 2005, 07:07:47 am »

Yesterday night after the tavern event i shut down my computer as ussual and went to bed. This morning i woke up and tried to turn it on, but hmm it didnt! I press the on button and then all i get is the lights showing that it has powerm lets say it tries to start up for one second and then just freezes. I dont got anything visible happening on my monitor as that has not been started up yet.

Could seem like im out of busness for some while Sad Anyone got an idea what it could be?Huh

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Gimbly
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 09:13:08 am »

Sounds nay good Sad .. Could be everything from the power supply to harddisc, rams,  overheat caused by dust and blocked fan (cpu , board, grafikcard) or simply the grafikcard itself.. You hear some peep tones
when the computer tries to start up ? normaly these peeps give ya a diagnostic in a case of a defective
hardware.. (depending on maibboard type )

Society for Putting Things on top of Other Things(tm)
Ginger
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 10:08:05 am »

No no sound at all... nothing just the stupid fan is turning and some lights are on...
Gimbly
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 10:30:39 am »

Well if there is no sound at all , i would recommend to unplug the thing and open it ..have a short look inside. Maybe you see/smell the defect hardware at once (dust, blocked fans, melted cables , chips,
etc or maybe lose parts (grafikcard)) or maybe if ye turn it on opened and you have diag leds on your
board to track down the problem.  You could also disconnect the ide (or scsi, serial ata whatever
you are using) cable from your harddisk and see if your pc will boot the bios till it prombts:
No system disk found ( in that case your hardrive is down due to a headcrash or bad sectors ...)
If you have a second grafikcard try that one

Ginger
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 10:38:34 am »

The problem is that it stops before it gets to connect to my monitor, i opend it and everything seems fine.... Argh i hate computer!
Gimbly
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 12:38:56 pm »

well here are a few diag methodes to have a look at

http://freepctech.com/guides/Troubleshooting/index.shtml

maybe you find something usefull there

Daelin
Covian Legend

Yes my Baron... I serve you well! - Daelin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 03:34:43 pm »

Well... I think I had the same problem with my computer a few months ago.. The fan on my graphics card decided to die on me and the reaction I got from the computer was it starting up normally except the monitor staying completely dead.

I could hear the whole thing loading etc and the fans turning in my computer but the monitor would remain dead even when I replaced it with another.

Now best thing you can do like Gimbly said is open the thing up and have a look inside it.. and maybe keep the thing hooked up and turn it on whole you got it open so you can see if the little fan on the graphics card is turning.

Because if its not the computer simply cuts off the power to it to make sure it won't overheat so that explained the black screen. Smiley
Ginger
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 05:11:16 pm »

Welli cheked and the fans are all working... This is so frustrating, the thing is i dont believe my comp is starting up completly... normally it makes loads of little sounds and beeps but now it just stands there. and normally the light flikker showing thats its thining and now they are just on without flikkering Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length