Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 09, 2024, 10:26:09 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Gruelin' Survival Trainin'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gruelin' Survival Trainin'  (Read 1703 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: August 22, 2009, 04:02:49 pm »

Who:

Marcus Kobra, Regular Grenadier (Leading)
Rita Whalebiter, Junior Guardsman
Thomas Aylmer, Junior Guardsman
Bersi, Guardsman Recruit
Ruby Whalebiter, Guardsman Recruit
Kelban, Guardsman Recruit
Baolin, Guardsman Recruit
Abigail Keres, Terrorist and survival failurist.

I rounded of the guardsmen for a lesson in survival. I had Aylmer whisk us off to Delucia via magic gate. I then gave them all five minutes to grab anything they thought they would need on an extended outting and in case they had to depend on it to live. The arcanists took a full 5 minutes whereas the others showed up within moments. I also had them all get rid of their armour though I failed to have the arcanists releave themselves of spellbooks. I also made certain everyone had a pickaxe, it would serve as a makeshift weapon and a training tool! Their provisions supposedly set, I led them out of town and down the hill. As soon as we touched the base of the ramp I welcomed them to the wilderness and announced that they were all likely going to die. . . unless they where prepared. I had them show me their "Survival Kits" only Rita and myself had tool kits, The others kits ranged from string, to liqour, to a menagerie of random and patently useless items. Abigail proved least prepared. .  . . I announced she would die before we even began!

I then asked the men what the FIRST thing you need is. They got it right by answering WATER! Well the lake behind us proved it could give us such but I explained to them the need to boil it and that rivers would be best. I then led them on through the woods in order to seek shelter! I soon chose a place near to a fairly disused looking road by the river. I sent them out in groups to gather wood, hides, and food. We'd need plenty of all if we wanted to survive! Once they got back I had them make a sentry. It serves as an easily defensible shelter in any environment. A few hiccups involving arcanist spells had me drilling them. And so that everyone knows ABIGAIL CAN NOT COOK! She cast a fiery mess that ruined the food and almost burned down the shelter. Had I not responded quickly and proved the virtue of Pee, the whole shelter would have went up in smokes! She was ordered to do pushups, curlups, and log lifts whilst Aylmer removed the charred, pee contaminated food and others where sent to find more! Upon the finding of more foods I showed them a BETTER way than scorching it. I made a slanted grille of logs and laid the meat out over it. Then I covered the meat in large flat leaves. Igniting a fire beneath the log shanty the food soon began to smoke and a most delicious aroma wafted our way. Grabbing Aylmer's liqour and pouring out about a half of it I collected the dripping fast and mixed the two together to make a marinade to slather over the ribs and bird. Oh Avatar the sweet smell.  *Drool dots the page here and there* After the food cooked I collected it all and brought them to smash some rocks, I let Abigail to guard the place. perhaps not doing anything was best for her. I had them hack at the mountain side for a few minutes. When asked why I informed them that gathering items of value was important, you might be required to buy your way out of trouble. Not every passersby would help them and some would even kill them unless they could be bribed in some manner. After this I led them on a marry march through the wilderness until we reached a sandy beach. Here I taught them to dig a hole for shelter and shade and how being buried would keep the sun from frying you or the chill night from freezing you. Ruby dug with her teeth infact and I have deemed her "Sandbiter" henceforth she is nicknamed! I hope your proud Sandbiter! Nicknaming is important Covian Tradition! The men then waded in the river for awhile whilst I pondered my next move. Seeing that I had nothing to teach at the time I taunted them with food and rest and being the basterd I am I led them back to town. I ordered Aylmer to get us back to Cove and Soon dismissed them. I promptly left with our Barbecue offering them none. Rubbish at survival all of em! Save Rita. . . she was prepared to live!

Huzzah to surviving chaps, you shan't survive the next one lest ye come prepared!

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Regular Grenadier, Baron' Own

{OOC: I think Aylmer has the pics! If I missed anyone post yer name below!}

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 05:26:44 pm »

(OOC: Posting from a friend's laptop! I got the screenies, but I'm gonna be away for a few days. Will post 'em when I get back home to my normal laptop. Smiley)

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length