Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 10:58:16 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  Tavern Night at the Goblin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tavern Night at the Goblin  (Read 2934 times)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2009, 02:33:10 pm »

*A copy is sent to Railen Morana and the Steward's office*

My first tavern night proved popular, drawing people from all over Britannia.  The tavern was packed, in future another venue might prove more suitable.  We were even honoured with a visit from the Baron.  After the patrons had arrived I handed out quiz sheets, charging 50 coins a sheet.  Eventually the tavern settled down somewhat and the quiz began, 15 questions in total.  With hindsight, ten questions would have been better.  I should also have had fewer Covian specific questions at the start as this put people off.  Several left without handing their sheet in.  At the end, the Yewish group won the quiz.  Trinsic Mayor Van Cocidius came second.  The Yewish were given half the takings, Van Mayor Cocidius was given a quarter.  The last quarter was used to pay for quiz parchments, quills, tavern expenses, taxes, tavern guards etc. 

After that, it was time for the dice game which got less interest than I hoped.  Again a 50 coin charge was levied.  Some Davion girl won it.  She got three quarters of the taking, the fourth quarter going towards paying for the rare, expensive properly weighted now-rare Magincian dice.  And taxes.

By the time we reached the knife-throwing contest, most had left.  Nevertheless, we got four patrons eager to show off their knife skills, again costing 50 coins to enter.  I'm happy to report there were no accidents.  Again, the Davion girl won and was given three quarters of the takings.  The fourth quarter going towards the expense of buying three balanced daggers and to repair the wall after the misses. 

The bar seemed to do a good trade, selling lots of drinks.  Mistress Railen was unable to attend but I hoep she was pleased at the revenue.

Later on I learned that some of the Yewish visitors had attacked Kiran unprovoked but were dealt with by Guardsman Serpernt.  Perhaps my questions about the mill massacre reopened some old wounds?  It was never my intention to cause trouble.

There was some further trouble later on, which I did not witness, when the Scout Corporal asked Hanse Davion and a relative to leave the tavern after the event.  For no discernable reason this maniac decided that a reasonable response to this request was to start attacking unarmed guardsmen with magic.  Unbelievable.  I've since been informed by the irate corporal that the Vesperians are not to be invited again.  This Davion won't be missed.  He did nought but sit there grumbling, took no part in the events and later on attempted to goad a grenadier into a fight. 

On a happier note, as I was elsewhere, I was unharmed by all this mindless violence. 

All in all, a profitable night with several lessons learned for the next Tavern Night.

Signed,

Kalam Ravenscar

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:18:29 pm »

*Checks at the Steward's office for his shillings*
Freckletip
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 01:36:28 am »

65 shillings are awarded to Mr Ravenscar for pulling together a delightful evening. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to attend myself, and hope there are more to come.

*signed neatly*
P Freckletip
Steward
Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 02:46:20 pm »

I can't believe I missed this, when is the next quiz?

Signed,
Spud Goodsoup

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length