Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 03:06:50 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Mask Removed, The Covian Viper Returns
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Mask Removed, The Covian Viper Returns  (Read 1633 times)
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2009, 05:10:52 pm »

After along day and aftr a few eyes opening situations I sta back looking out over the ocean deep in thought, Thinking about my life in Cove and being a scout and where was I going from there in the future to come. Was not long when I realized I needed to get away from the Scouts, Cove and everyone I knew inorder to get my head cleared. For loosing my Wife and three kids I was at a lose till Aliryl come to see me at Elaines house when both of my Legs were broken by the Drow and left to crawl back to Cove.

How do I vanish without anyone being wise of me missing and comming to lok or me. Sitting at the wendow looking out blankly a gust of wind had blown through sennding drapes that was covering a lifeless Golem that many years before had he Captued for getting him in trouble wioth the Church. I turned around and it his it, I could sent it to Cove with the Help of Cor'Vani as he is a mage and could get him there faster than me leading it.

After finally after a few hours I found the Stone that was the Golems heart and etched the Captains name on it and then placed it into the opening in his chest where a heart would be as after a few moments it started to move. It had gotten to its feet quite slowly but looked to me as its Creater no worse for ware. After getting things ready for it I then asked Cor'Vani to open a Gate to the Barracks. The gate opens I push it through to Cove as I pack my bags or a long journey.

A few days later word got to me that Hoagie killed me and I was releaved knowing that my little ploy had workd and everyone will now just move on soon forgetting me as I also had to accept the fact that I to was leaving all I come to know and some to love all hehind. I made it to the Hags place where I was offered food and rest. I asked her if there was someway I was walk among the ones I knew without them knowing me. She laughed a moment and the looked at me, That would be the challange Mister Shadowhand. Some time had wemt by when the hag returned with a crooked smile in her face looking at me. I ask her what she was up to when she removed a mask from a dummy head putting it on my face checking the fit.

After getting the mask to fit and properly secured to my face Kelban was born, But would it actually work? Hmm! We will soon see. After laying down for the night all I could think about was what everyone was going through and how they were feeling, I know it was a cruel thing to do and today I still regret having to do it. *Leaning up taking the last sip of wine* I layed my had back down and nodded off. Morning came as I raised from my slumber feeling much at ease as I got up grabbing a few rations to nibble on my way back to cove.

As I entered Cove I was wondering if I could really pull this off, or if the mask would hold fast not pealing away anytime soon I proceeded to the Barracks to recieve a Recruits Badge which really made me feel sick as I was an Officer Cadet and Second in Command of the finest Squad in Cove. I went along as a Recruit and remembering what I had to do I then setout doing what I had to as no one suspected it was me. Day  and weeks went by as I moved around cove and all I have been seeing and all that has been done I was getting really frustrated at the reasent event that were taking place. I knew now not long after making watchman again that I would have to show my face again as things were going a miss and some of the Scouts seem to be moving away from the Squad.

I desided to go talk to Me'an after awjile of hard thinking when I took the mask from my face as he looked apon me with anger in in his eyes as we talked I could hear movement from outside moving to the uper parts of the Scouts Tower. Our talk soon become heated as they up top soon come down as Aliryl entered placeing a Kryss to my throat pulling the hood for my head only to be shocked dropping her Kryss and then slapping me hard asking me why did you do this to me? the Squad? and everyone else? Looking at Jennifer and Fadders and seeing they were at forst at a lost for words only soon to welcome me back as Alityl stormed out with me on her heals.

She soon calmed down enough so I could fill her in on why I had to do it. Her eyes.....filled with tears soon become to welcome me back as I went on explaining what I was doing and soon asked her for my Badge back that I left on her Desk. The Covian Viper once again will walk amongst Cove.

Signed Officer Cadet:Kal Shadowhand

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length