Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 04:31:31 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Ringing bells and pet peeve
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ringing bells and pet peeve  (Read 2453 times)
Madeline Warmbow
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2009, 02:44:23 am »

Today I had the experience of someone ringing the emergency bell at the Barracks. I arrived less than a minute and a half later to find the person who had rung the bell had logged, and two other people were there within less than 30 seconds of me.

As a kindness to your fellow RPers...it might not be a good idea to ring the bell making us drop what we are in the middle of doing to come to aid you...then...log because one person states they are busy on Guild chat. ( Disconnects are totally understandable but...yeah, its really annoying if you just go and it hasn't even been three minutes) It makes it less likely for folks to show up to real events if you cry wolf.

Purty please. Thank you!

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 11:39:15 am »

What Bell? Do you mean like when you emote in Guild Chat? Or have I missed something while I was away?

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 12:01:39 pm »

What Bell? Do you mean like when you emote in Guild Chat? Or have I missed something while I was away?

The barracks has always had an alarm bell (via GC emote) to call Covians to duty in times of need.

However it is not something that should be used on a whim.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 02:46:26 pm »

The barracks has always had an alarm bell (via GC emote) to call Covians to duty in times of need.

However it is not something that should be used on a whim.

Only higher ranks can use it no? I think it should be thus, less abuse that way...(?)
Cocidius
Just Poppin' In!
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 04:15:59 pm »

Yeah I remember one evening someone was overusing that bell to gather people for an event. Fair dues right? But this was ongoing for half an hour or something.. If people don't want to, or can't come, don't just continue to ring the bell 'eh? Reschedule or like.. do it yourself.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Pirate
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 05:36:26 pm »

I always thought it was used by anyone, but only if there was something happening, like an attack, or escaped prisoner. Didnt think you could do the GC emote for an event.

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 11:40:08 pm »

The reason for usage of the Barracks Bell has always been distorted. I usually use it for emergencies if I do, but I have been known to occasionally use it if there is an event to be lead by (insert guardsman's name here) and folk are spread out outside Cove like warm treacle. We should make a distinct rule for it, as Celuvian said. Now I've heard it's an issue I'll even be extra cautious of the context I use it in. Smiley

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 08:05:59 pm »

The simple rule here chaps is that:

Command and/or members can use GC to announce events or to enquire if any events are taking place (having already checked the events board).

The barrack's alarm bell is only to be used to rally Covians in times of need, such as an attack on the Baronship or by officers to mobilise forces quickly.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length