Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 09:50:17 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  [PR] A message to you all [PR]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: [PR] A message to you all [PR]  (Read 4396 times)
Lothar
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 05:59:26 pm »

Secondly, I don't like religion IRL, so playing a "anti-church" character is natural for me

Im sorry to say, but if you cannot step out of your point of views from IRL, you're not a good RP'er. I believe many of the Churchies in BoC care shite for religion IRL, but we still devote ourself to the task of creating an atmosphere. Roleplaying is to roleplay something diffrent from yourself. Personality like. Thats the whole trick  Smiley

Quite honestly I'd be upset if any elf didn't woship Corllon, or Eru. As far as gods go, the elves really have the best deal. However some one that is sevral hundread years old should have developed the tact and social grace to avoid getting them selves hung.

Your an elf, you are so above them all. Don't lessen yourself with squabbling. Be polite, and respectful even if they don't desirve it, and if it really rubs you so the wrong way.... is it worth your immortal life to stay in Cove and risk death? You will live another thousand years, and in that time you will have the satafaction of watching these foul men die a slow death.

Brings to mind the question; whats an elf doing in Cove any way... muddy ugglie back watter edenea village. *turns her nose up*

The most dangerous thing I have seen in UO is the coming of elves, drows and sorts. Because there are elves in so many diffrent books and worlds all players have diffrent point of views on elves. This means there can never be a coherend race of elves. They will always be divided.
You say that one that is several hundred years old etc. Well, I believe in that elves just mature slower. Their intelligence might be greater than humans, but still there is a clear idea of when they are children and when they are adults.

I think we should really be careful with characterizing elves in UO until the next expansion... Thats when the race will come... Thats when we will get our questions answered. In my UO world I believe the elves were created after humans... But it can be discussed.

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 07:45:34 pm »

Point made. Thread locked.

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length