Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:12:30 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Guardsman Duties
| | |-+  Completed Guardsman Duties
| | | |-+  Watchman Duty ~ Coastal Concerns
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman Duty ~ Coastal Concerns  (Read 4962 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2009, 07:10:18 pm »

Watchmen,

With the current amount of intruders and imposters making there way into Cove, a beady eye is to be kept on our coastal borders. The lack of naval force within the Baronship means that this task has befallen on you and your fellow Guardsmen to keep watch.

The Duty:
Either alone or as a group, you must carry out a large patrol, covering the coastal area around Altmere, the Orc Fort and also the southern coasts of Yew that lead to the Vesper beaches. You must report your findings of this task.

This duty may be completed by Watchmen.
This duty may only be completed once per character.

*Signed*
Kelly Sanderson, Sergeant

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Star Summers
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 07:07:23 pm »

I saw this task and thought it another duty that Grenadier must do, security of Cove so I set to it.  I was going to ask other Watchmen to help but none were around.   We had been on two patrol today and I think them were too tired.

I decided to patrol north side first and walked the coast to Llama point.  I met a Llama there and thought that why it named so.  I followed the coast to Altmere Guardpost and found many water beasts and elementals in the bay.  These I kill using my bow as they were out of reach at first.   Further North I find a Troll but it did not stand for long.  I reached the Altemere Guardpost and find no other dangers.

Next I walk back towards town and west to Orc fort.  I killed the stray orcs around the edges and looked out to sea at the pinacle.   I then follow the coast back and south east towards Vesper.  This is a very long stretch of coast but I did not find much beasts this way.  A large bird and Ogre attacked me half way along the coast.   I walk further but see nothing else and come to the sandy beach of Vesper.  I decide not to linger too long and quickly head back to Cove.

*signed*

Star Summers
Watchman
Iolan Grimsditch
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 05:10:16 pm »

A. PATROL SIZE AND COMPOSITION:
Company of 2:
Iolan Grimsditch, Watchman, Core Division (Field Leader)
Larinya Angalae, Watchman, Core Division

B. MISSION (Type, location, purpose of patrol): To maintain security along coastal borders.

C. DATE OF DEPARTURE AND RETURN: 6/2.

D. ROUTES OUT AND BACK: We rallied at Altmere crossroads and proceeded south-west to the coastline, which we followed until we'd reached the Household, then turned into the Shire and moved due west to the graveyard. Upon clearing this we moved onward to south-western shore, continued to the orc's fortress, circling back to the town proper where lighthouse and docks were checked. Carried along shoreline until we'd returned to the barracks.

E. RESULTS OF ENEMY ENCOUNTERS: We met little trouble along Altmerian coast until area roughly around arcanist tower, where we found number of large sea serpents directly off the shore. We found the graveyard and orc fort unusually quiet.

F. CONDITION OF PERSONNEL:  No casualties.

G. CONCLUSIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS: Areas patrolled were fairly quiet, especially in the Altmere, where our increased activity of late must be to good effect.

*a signature is underlined below:*
Iolan Grimsditch
Watchman, Core Division

Graum Trolle
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 05:46:36 pm »

Patrol lead, organized and attended by:
Graum Trolle, Watchman

The task given was to patrol the coastal areas around Cove, Altmere and all the way over to Vesper. To most efficienctly do this I plotted a path north from Cove, briefly stopping by the Desert of Compassion, and then heading up along the river to the ocean. Once the northern shore of the ocean is reached, the aim is to swing around and follow the coast to Minoc, then south again from Minoc via the east coast down to Vesper. From southern Vesper I was then set to follow the southern coast all the way back to the orc fort just outside of Cove.

Drawings below, in chronological order;

All in all the patrol determined that the coastal region was, for the most part, nice and safe. I came across the odd local critter, but nothing more intimidating than the odd Ettin and Ogre. All in all just over 4000 gold and 300 feathers were also brought back from the patrol.

Signed,
Graum Trolle,
Watchman
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 01:20:27 am »

Led by: Jassi Cowin

Attending: Graum Trolle

Graum joined me half of the way through this task, we started out along the northern coast of Cove which led is to the swamps, this was the heaviest part full of serpents, spiders, ogres, water elementals and whatever else we came along, it was the northeren coast in which we had the most action,  we cut straight across the road to the bridge that heads into Yew, on the way we had to fight a few brigands.. We travelled North and all the way around Northern Altmere, Graum had something to do apparently and I dismissed him and did the rest on my way.. 

After I was done patrolling Altmere I cut straight through the woods and went to the shores of Vesper and worked my way up to the orc fort where I killed many, many orcs and didn't leave until the coasts were cleared.. I travelled back to the barracks with 5622 pieces of gold in which I gladly donated to the coffers..

I have many sketches of my report, mostly of everything I killed along the way..

*sketches*

*signed neatly*

Jassi Cowin

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 03:47:17 am »

Watchman Duty ~ Coastal Concerns
Dermott Eason, Watchman

My patrol began at a brisk and early hour in the morning. I greeted a wandering citizen eyeing up a building ready to collapse and then set off toward Altmere. For the most part the coast was clean, save a few water elementals. They were quickly dispatched, and I was soon to arrive in Altmere - casually cleaning up some of the local vermin.

From there, I set straight for the Orc Fort. I rested at the southern Covian sentry post briefly, studying key details of the local map, before beginning my route. Sadly, I've been out of the service too long, and failed to gain any real foothold in the Fort. However, I was able to reduce the horde massing there by a few.

Following this unsuccessful excursion, I continued my patrol across the southern beaches all the way to Vesper territory. The grand structures of the Vesper Trading Company signalled the end of my patrol, and the end of this report.

An early morning patrol!

Dermott Eason
Watchman, Covian Army

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Aleri Briggs
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 02:52:22 am »

Kaostal Conserns! - 27/06/2011

Up an aboot early, I herd Bruno sqwaking! Argh! The noise of thate thing! But alas, Brunoe's squawkin was juste! Monsters al around Cove, terorising the lokals for sure...somthing must be done!

Never feer, Aleri is heer!

The kaost, the Covian land downe South an the direct route to Vesper al need a hero...
Time to rock!

Briggs montage aktion!

After many a stabbin and life safing, I notised the route to Vesper was suspishioshly clear...unnervin!

Calme befor a storme?! I hope nott!

Al in all, Covian lokals saved thankks to mi, an 2,200 gold peces collekcted for the Cofers!

Rich get richer!

Aleri Briggs,
Wartchmen
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:56:11 pm by Aleri Briggs » Logged
Saerandir
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 01:44:47 pm »

Led by Watchman Saerandir
Attended by Watchman Sheriam Palmer

Having bumped into Miss Palmer in New Haven she asked how I was getting on with becoming a Junior. I said I still have a few more tasks to complete so she suggested we did one together and so I chose the coastal patrol. 

The North coast along Llama head up to Altmere was very dangerous for citizens today. We barely took two steps before being faced with another foe and the rough sea was forcing water Elementals onto land. At the guardpost Sheriam though she saw a Kaldorian as we were discussing the previous time we had been there but it turned out to just be a troll.

From there we carried on North until I realised we were way off path and took us back south along the coast and then down to the orc fort. I did try explaining why Llama point was named that but Sheriam didn't seem to understand why there were no Llamas there.

At the Orc fort I said we would just stay at the entrance but she charged in head of me making me run fast to catch up to her. I told her to be careful and that I didn't want to possibly lose another friend. Apparently I am being too soft for caring about my friends but I call it being Loyal.

The South coast was free of any dangerous beasts all along to the Vesperian beach so we headed back to Cove through the forest to ensure that was safe too.

Conclusions

- Halberd hurt more than Sheriam first believed.
- South coast looks a good safe spot for a house.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length