Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:10:03 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Light Company Board (Moderator: Linaeus)
| | |-+  Scout Trials - Me'an Silen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scout Trials - Me'an Silen  (Read 3357 times)
Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2009, 09:41:33 pm »

Scout Traditions

The Flute:
A task every Scout has gone through so far. The flute is something the Scouts use to find one another when lost or pre battle.  It is also a useful item to identify one another whilst wearing a disguise.

Task:
Retrieve the magical flute. The witch that lives in the Southern woods of Yew passed the crossroads will be able to point you in the direction of where to get it.

Conditions:
  • This task can be done alone or with help.
  • At the end you must have the flute.
  • Write a detailed report including paintings as proof.

Information Gatherer

"In the increasingly hostile and shady world of Sosaria, it is up to the Light Company to prove its worth as Cove's eyes and ears, watching out for emerging and old threats to the state of Cove and directing the army's efforts to destroy these threats as they arise."

The task:

You are to investigate one organization or town currently active and their diplomatic stance towards Cove. If no data is available on their diplomatic stance, you should seek out a member of the group and question them on their stance.  Find out relevant information regarding leaders, ranks etc.
You are then to assign that organization or town which is hostile to Cove a threat rating between one and ten. You should back up your decision with evidence if possible.

Places left to choose from are The Knight Templars, Trinsic, Skara Brae, New Haven and Minoc.

Final Quest

Not all our work can be left in plain view and no matter how hard we try often information gets leaked out.  For this reason your last task will be handed to you in person.

• You may NOT attempt this task until the other two are completed and reports posted
  • You must seek out the Scout Corporal.
  • Be sure you have plenty of time as this final task will not be easy.
  • Ensure you are alone when asking for the final task
  • This must also be done IC and not arranged in party or over icq

*signed neatly*

Aliryl Trefynwyd
Scout Corporal
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 10:55:53 am by Aliryl » Logged

Me'an Silen
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 06:22:27 am »

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 10:54:59 am »

Interesting.. I have not heard before of the Hag demanding ears, perhaps she dislikes elves, being Yewish and all.  As for the Troll well, it was on a bridage and they have some love of bridge tolls. 

Good work in your first task.  Though do not expect the others to be so simple.

*signed neatly*

Aliryl Trefynwyd
Scout Corporal

Me'an Silen
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 07:34:51 pm »

Keane Wakefield
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Keane in Green

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 12:57:29 am »

* walks by and pins the paper on the top *

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 11:28:24 pm »

Ahar.. I see you have completed with first two tasks set by Aliryl.. I shall have to set you a third.. Unlike her.. I do not require that you get the task from me directly.. I shall pin it here.. If you still wish to become a Scout you must do something that all Scouts must do..

Map Making:
Make a Map..

Aye, a relatively simple task, you must make me a map of a dungeon.. The dungeon that I want you to map for me is the Ice Dungeon. I know there are some big dragon things in there.. and some Icy Bastards too.. I want to know where they are.. and how many.. Watch for traps and points of interest too..

Place you report here and your map in the map folder.

Then you will be accepted into the Scouts.

Signed: Jenifer Feather

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length