Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:02:43 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  John Dell's "Leg Breaking" Event
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: John Dell's "Leg Breaking" Event  (Read 2739 times)
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2005, 12:15:18 pm »

John was standing on the barrack roof unfazed after Kelly's sudden verbal attack, "Saying those kinds of things while looking like that cant be okay" John thinks to himself while turning red.

Over the last weeks John has taken on a darker appearance, walking through the lands he sees nothing but misery and suffering, there where he once saw great happiness and joyfulness. Has the land change so much during this time. Or was it just his mind turning dark from all the evil plots going on in Cove. John sighs and walks on his way to the bank. At the way he stops and looks at the bank sign. Under here is where he first met Ryan Greystone which took him to the barracks, Ryan which was just a recruit at the time, only to be promoted the next day...

Ryan Greystone, fellow guardsman and friend, this is how John saw him. Ryan had helped John the best he could in times of need, John particularly remembers the first time he and Ryan had real contact, on his Recruit Trial. It was a sunny day, he had just rallied the animals on the farm to populate it once again, after a short while after fixing the fences and cleaning the crops Junior Ryan Greystone stood on the entrance to the farm.

"Welcome to the new farm sir" John Grinned.
"Thank you Recruit" Ryan smiled in the sun.
"Want to help me clean the house sir?"...

It was on that trial he met a wonderful lady, he still blushes when he thinks about her, a kind lady of the rare sort, her smile was soft, but still harsh. He has a hard time remembering her name, was it Dellamona maybe, something like that.

While waiting for the Baron in the barracks waiting room outside the baron’s office John starts to have second thoughts, he never met a celebrity before, even though he never heard of baron Octiovus before... but still. He hears a voice:

"Ye can enter now"

John enters with a nervous smile on his face.

"Well lad, ye be wanting to join the Militia of Cove?"
"Yes! Very much so" John was no longer uncertain, it was the Barons calm and self esteem that made him loose all intrest in leaving and any second thoughts about joining where quickly eliminated.
"Ah grand. Now what’s yer name?"
"My Lord, the name is John Dell. "
"Ah Capital. Now... what err... 'ere race are ye?"
"Why Human of course!"
"Oh Great!" On this comment John blinks, not understanding what the baron meant.

From that day on baron Octiovus made a good impression on John. This was trustworthy man, which meant a lot for a simple man from Minoc.

After getting his Promotion, John Dell makes a few friends, one of those was Darath Mithar, a bitter man, that according to himself can see through all evil in Cove, John never understood Darath, but he liked him the more, for example when Darath told him that the Baron could probably arrange so that John could learn to read and write, John did not quiet understand what it would be good for, and why the baron would care for a lousy Junior. In later days he had seen Darath less and less, John blames himself for it, as he always does, always John’s fault he thinks, he still hopes Darath will come back, John wants to hear his stories about conspiracy within Cove one more time...

John loved being out in the big cities of Britain and Haven, talking about the Baron and Cove, telling them how nice it is to serve under such a great lord. John recruited for days, and he loved it. After taking a possible recruit to the barracks, if they weren't interested they told their friends about Cove and how great it is.

To all Recruits

I feel happy every time i see a new recruit entering the barracks, Cove feels more alive then ever, oh why... Promise me one thing, do not leave us, continue, tell yer friends and family about Cove, go on recruit in Britain, Haven and Moonglow, everywhere ye can go, go.. do it for Cove

To the all the militia and Cove Command, to the Baron...

While John is standing on the roof next to the stairs leading up to the pit, Delcarakdur rudely bumps into John.

OI! Wha’ ye do that for?!

Delcarakdur tries to look innocent.

Wha’ did I do?

John's short fuse can't take it any longer, he cleans his fist.

Ye long eared fool, talking rubbish about the church too, ill kill ye dirty elf!

Delcarakdur looks at John with ease and turns his non emotional face into a wide grin.

Ignorant human...

John suddenly hurls his fist against the Elf’s long face, the fight goes on. It is an even fight, John looses himself in anger for a moment and Delcarakdur can slip his fingers around his throat and lifts him in, not by raw force but in some magical twist he can carry this 120kg muscle force and tosses him from the roof, right down on the ground below, John screams on his way down, and when he lands everything goes black...

Tiberius carries John on his back, with some difficulty, all the way to the second floor of the church.

The monk stands over John lying in the church healers bed. Kelly stands next to the door and can barely watch John lying there with his legs all twisted.

Is he going to be alright?
He will live, he needs a lot of rest, but he will live... hopefully...

Kelly doesn't know what to feel, she is angry, sad, confused, relieved? She does not know, as she exit the church she has an angry look on her face...

... Thank you.

[OCC: Thanks all for an awesome time, i will hopefully be back in 4 months, but i might be longer. Gawd ill miss ye *Cries* Bye yall! Smiley ]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 01:02:18 am by John Dell » Logged

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
Oct sayeth  (19:47):
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Daelin
Covian Legend

Yes my Baron... I serve you well! - Daelin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 12:43:14 pm »

Ryan wobbled on his stool as the bald bartender slapped him loudly on his back while his laughter filled the air of the tavern.

Bywhaha!! That was a grand story me lad! Killing all those orcs with nothing but a spoon! Yer should be proud!

Smirking faintly towards the laughing bartender Ryan took another sip from his ale and wipes his mouth with his sleeve.

E..ehh… well ye know meh.. Always around where there be action! So.. Uhh… ‘ow about ye then..? Ye got yerself any good stories?

The laughter of the bartender died down as he scratched his sweaty bald head and tried to think of a heroic story to impress the young man in front of him with.

Well… now that yer mention it! I did hear this here interesting rumour just this morning! And it happened in our very own Cove it did!

Ye see… it seems like this here long eared guardsmen tossed another one down them barrack roofs! And ye know how high up them are! Hawr Hawr!

Staring blankly at the bartender Ryan slowly raised a brow and took another sip from his ale.

W….wha..? Who the got ‘imself tossed off the roof then..?

The fat bartender wiped the sweat off his forehead with the cleaning cloth he was holding and walked towards a customer ordering another ale as he tried to think of the name.

Now lets see…. What was that there name… uhh.. Aha!! Dell was his name! John Dell!

Ryan sprayed the ale he had in his mouth over the bar as the sudden information caused him to choke.

J…JOHN!? I… I.. I ‘ave to go!

And with those words Ryan tossed some spare change he had in his pocket on the bar end ran towards the exit hoping his friend was alright.

[OOC]

Blehh! Get your bum back fast you tramp! Tongue

And maybe you can always lend a computer somewhere eh? *Wink wink* Smiley
Anyway hope to see you soon John!
Tweeso Pebble
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 12:48:53 pm »

Strong nerves I'd say.. Wel' seems yer have to have that as such a brave Guardsman as yer John. Seems nothing could stand up against yer at all.

[OOC] Ah 'ell! hope ter see yer back again! Have a good time mate!
One thing , Just don't bloody go playing WoW or something!  Wink

*Signed*
Griff
Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 01:11:01 pm »

Shadwell opened his book, after flipping a few pages he read the entry:

John Dell. Junior Guardsman. Outstanding. Due for promotion to Regular Guardsman

Shadwell sighed and scribbled something next to the entry
Wounded.

[OOC] Get back soon! Your one of the best new guys we've had, never saw someone pick it up that fast! HAVE a good summer!  Grin[OOC]

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 02:04:50 pm »

*Talks to himself in his cell*

*grumbles* And now I get punished for it... *sneers* He did deserve it! Hah! Silly edan... *stalks off to a corner adn mutters angrily*

[OOC: Our little plot worked well then... Your one of our best John! I'll miss ye! Have a good summer!]

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length