Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:15:12 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Grenadier Trials]~Marcus Kobra
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Grenadier Trials]~Marcus Kobra  (Read 3317 times)
Demarian Tel'var
Regular Guardsmen
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2009, 08:09:11 pm »

Well it seems Mr. Kobra you wish to join our glorious ranks again! But this time it'll be harder! But alas your a former Grenadier and no challenge is to hard for a Grenadier past or present.... Anyhow!
We've decided to put you to the test... with a few trials! To prove your loyalty and dedication once again!

Here are your Trials:

Discipline

Ah yes my favourite task, though of late this has been slipping within the ranks!
A Grenadier is a symbol of discipline and order! Drill those impudent sods into soldiers!

You are to Lead an extensive training on Discipline and why it is important in day to day duties as well as on the battlefield! Initiate a few Combat scenario's to explain it and executed them so they get a feel.
Also a uniform and weapon inspection explain how a poorly looked after weapon can get you killed!

~The training must last 1 hour!
~At least five Guardsmen must attend!
~A basic uniform/Weapons inspection must be done
~A Full report with sketches posted below!

Brotherhood

Ah yes Brotherhood you must remember the importance of this! Grenadiers are as one, call us blood brothers in some sense!
Yes anyhow..seems the Grenadiers and potentials don't know each other so well anymore!
And beside the Baron hasn't been out for awhile with his men!
Hold a Tavern Crawl with the Grenadier's and the Baron!

~At least 4 potentials/Grenadiers must attend!
~Organise with the Baron when such a time is acceptable for this
~Write a full Report with sketches posted below

The Ability to Fight

Ah yes our legendary Ability to fight! Did I once tell you myself, Vince and Raiden tackled a horde of Sccubus with our fists!
Oh right of topic... anyhow..!

You are to lead a hunt to Exodus temple to slay the vile Golden Exodus Minion that lurks its halls and retrieve its arm as a trophy! Prove your fighting worth! You'll need quite a few Guardsmen as its a tough bugger'... I leave tactics up to you how you tackle it!

~Disarm all four Defensive Pannels on the outside
~Kill a Paragon Exodus Minion and retrieve its arm
~You must retrieve 25000 Coins for the Grenadiers
~At least 8 Guardsmen must attend
~A Full report with Sketches posted Below

Loyalty

Ah yes..It seems of late all of our recruits have worked themselves hard for promotion or died as meatshield in the Army! Simple to say we need more!

You are to Lead a Recruitment Stall to New Haven and see if you can get some more fresh meat into the ranks!
We need the man power with a recent hostile action by Vesper.

~Lead a Recruitment stall to New Haven that lasts at least 45 minutes
~At least 4 other Guardsmen Must Attend
~A Full report with Sketches posted Below!

The Grenadier Oath

Once you've completed your trials find either Sergeant Keres, Commander Morana or the Baron!
To retake your oath!

~Post a short report with sketches below!

Well we wish you the best of luck with these tasks!
Let's see you in Bronze once more my friend!

~Signed Neatly~
Demarian Tel'var
Regular Grenadier
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:03:33 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 12:08:51 am »

*Bump*

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 01:32:53 am »

DISCIPLINE

WHEN: January 09, 2010, 01:12:58
WHAT: Training

WHO:
Marcus Kobra, Regular (Leading)
Elizabeth Martin, Officer Cadet
Gabriel Drachen, Junior Scout (Insubordinate wretch)
Caleb, Junior Scout
Bersi, Junior Guardsman (Wears Arcanist Uniform)
Victor, Recruit

I started them off with a full inspection. All of their uniforms seemed in good condition, save Bersi whose Covian Cap was a discrace. It would seem Arcanists now refuse to carry bandages in their packs. Apparently a 100 minimum of emergency supplies is too much to ask, A common guidance should be written and made available to all for review. Its obvious the scouts don't know what colour their skin is today, and people don't know what gear anyone is supposed to be carrying. After their inspections and a few laps for those with discrepancies. I gave a short lecture on why its so important to have good weapons and armour. Poorly maintained weapons break against armour, and poorly maintained armour lets weapons through. Either way its rather lethal.

I also let them know the consequences of not obeying orders in combat. I vowed to personally execute anyone blatantly disregarding orders in combat. Blatant disregard for orders in war time is no less than desertion and treason.

I then had a small battle game between the remaining members. It seems I need better armour. . . .   flame spells really take the breath away.

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Regular, Army of Cove

(OOC: Sorry, just click the htumbnail. imageshack was broke so I useds www.xs.to  meh)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:48:45 am by Marcus Kobra » Logged

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 10:02:00 pm »

Who:

Commander, Hoagie Grayner
Captain, Raiden Morana
Officer Cadet, Elizabeth "Pickles" Martin
Senior Arcanist, Ilyana Drachen
Senior Guardsmen, Tiberius Kane
Regular Grenadier, Gimbly
Regular Guardsman, Marcus Kobra
Junior Scout, Eben Roichar
Junior Guardsmen, Tsukiyomi Mori
Watchman, Saerandir
Guardsman Recruit, Garshinkle
Guardsman Recruit, Tingleith
Guardsman Recruit, John McCaladan
Guardsman Recruit, Edel Rahuleid

Yewish Allies:

Lady Larynda D'Gar
Acting Besieger Corporal, Robert Tripps
Rookie Guardsmen, Aries Harper

Parade was right massive tonight, We saw the dismissal of Grenadier Corporal Keres as leader of the Grenadiers and subsequent demotion to Senior, seems his sister. . niece. . auntie. . . relation Cailin was raised up to Cadet and put in his place.

Senior Arcanist Ilyana Drachen and Corporal Kelly Sanderson each recieved Baronial Seals for their work reinforcing armour.

The parade over I took charge of the line and briefed everyone, well tried but half of them needed to get things and "prepare." A Covian is always prepared! I gathered them at the local moongate and finished the brief.
We were to head to the Exodus Fortress and find us a Golden Exodus Mionion, I would take his arms as a trophy for the Baron, and collect no less than 20,000 Coins for the Grenadier Coffers!

Had 20 men and women under my command, perhaps not the vast numbers of ages past, but this was a grand force like I'd not seen assembled since the Border War Campaign, or maybe the  Vesper Civil war. I divided us into 2 tactical teams, I myself lead the first consisting of the bulk of our Arcanists, whilst Captain Morana took command of the second team. Again, a sight to see and I admit, I was a touch nervous to be responsible for so many. I found it a might bit overwhelming! A quick march from Compassion led us through the cave mouth to the former Blackthorn Castle, now a blasted ruin, vaguely inhabited by a contingent of Juka scavengers and a tiny cadre of Mages and their metal minions. We mad fast work of them and pressed on skirting the nearby swamp, a few bog lords, and plague beasts accosted us but met short ends to our steel and fire!

The fields of fire just before the entrance to the Exodus Fortress, a blazing hot place full of living flames. . . not even they slowed us such was the might of our arms, the rumble of our marching feet shook the very foundations of the fortress and the very mountains! We felled daemon and beast alike as we made for the entrance, nothing could stand before us, we descended into the depths to seek out the Golden bastard so I might take his Arms in honor of The Baron. Metal beasts and automaton fell, crumpled husks or melted heaps of slag and fizzling wires.

We even managed to destroy and mangle much strange equipment and devices!

Finally after much battling the Metal Monstrosity we sought showed itself! A quick charge and a barrage of sword, axe, mace, and spell saw it handily defeated with only a few minor scrapes and bumps on our part. Emboldened by our rather early success we sought out something even bigger, the Golden Exodus Minion Lord Thingammy!

Sadly we nay found it but did fell another Golden Minion and hundreds more of their ilk!

The men finally tiring of glory and battle, and fed up with the Golden Lord Thingammy's cowardice, we departed and made for Luna, a brief show of force was in order to awe the masses of unwashed hordes beyond the gates!

Returning home I congratulated our forces and counted out the coins: 34,000 Gold Coins raised for The Grenadier Coffers! The Baron shall glut on the finest wines this week I assure you! Hopefully whilst admiring the new Trophy!

Some Sketches:

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman!

P.S. Never leave a task undone, no matter how old!

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 06:57:27 am »

Damn fine work Kobra!

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 08:29:38 am »

I hope you're not leaving the main block, Kobra?!

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 09:33:21 pm »

What: Recruitment Stall Haven

Who:

Officer Cadet, Leanne Melior
Regular Guardsman, Marcus Kobra
Watchman, Saerandir "Sally"
Watchman, Fitz Sigur
Guardsman Recruit, "Gar" Garshinkle
Guardsman Recruit, Tingleith "untrusted hair"

After gathering the men at the barracks we marched off to the moon gate then New Haven to conduct a meet and mingle with local inhabitants in hopes of luring enticing a few to join us! I send the lads to mingle whilst I set out our tables and a couple recruitment fliers. It wasn't too long until Tinglieth brought an older lad over, said he was interested in joining up.

The new lads name was Osric "Fisty" Fistlewhistle, claimed to be equally skilled with a blades as he was with bows, suppose time till tell. Went over some details and a few questions then tossed him a Recruit badge. Miss Melior took him back to Cove to get him outfitted. The lads and I held on a bit longer, one of them even set up quite the light show to attract more folk to us, alas nobody but a flapy wigged flapper of a gargoyle showed even a shred of interest. I got the men to do one more lap looking for candidates and as I feared they reported all was quiet and empty. We packed it in and I opened a portal to home.

Not terrible for a days work, may want to issue these lads the proper colours. . . . seems even my own batch where off.

*Some Sketches*

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman, Army of Cove

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 10:03:14 pm »

What: The Barons Court and Nautical Adventures in Wine tasting

Who:

The Baron Octiovus von Richter Himself, Baron of Cove and Nujel'm
Officer Cadet, Leanne Melior
Officer Cadet, Cailin Keres
Shadwell, Baron's Adjutant
Lady Axiana Masteen, Patrician
Corporal, Kelly Sanderson
Regular Guardsman, Marcus "Rattlesnakes" Kobra
Watchman, Sheriam Palmer
Watchman, Garshinkle
Regular Grenadier, Arel Mortan
Bailif Crowley Graves
Corsair Pirate, Boring-o of Yew
Lornaduk, Foerigner
Tinglieth, Untrusted Watchman
"Mischief", Commoner

The Baron's Court, bustling as usual was held in the Town Hall. Massive buffet with no less than three whole roast pigs was served with copious amounts of drink, the finest of the wines being imported by my own had as a fair gift for His Lordship Baron Octiovus von Richter. Though how I found myself invited was indeed most odd, I'd attempted to write His Lordship to ascertain when we might set out with his Grenadiers for a night of merry making and drinking when it was -I- invited to go with Him rather than the other way about. Thus there I was in my finest feeling out of place as ever amongst Coves officers and civilian elite. Thank Avatar the wine came by the bottle.

Much hustle and bustle, a new Bailif was appointed. He seems less rodent like than the preceding ones. Got right to work harassing Shadwell, Masteen and the one known as "Mischief" regarding licensing and other pencil pushing hogwash.

The meal proceeded with much chatter, the Watchmen receiving a deal of scruitny from the Grenadiers. So much so their foods were sampled by said Grenadiers from their plates before being returned to them, Baronial security at its finest (aslo the only way an on duty Grenadier can get a bite in inch wise and still perform their duties)

Then someone mentioned Nujehl'm, the Baron's interest did not truly pique until I mentioned the beaches. With rain darkening the Covian coastline and a Yewish Corsair Pirate Officer sitting directly across from him our Baron realized he could no long stand on formality and await our own Captain to produce a navy. The Baron snapped to action summoning his court to accompany him to Nujehl'm. Much rushing about was had as I called the guardsmen remaining to secure weapons and ammo for our journey. We arive along the bayshore to Borgio's own flagship comming along side a smaller vessel, the smaller vessel was soon capsized whilst Shadwell and the Watchmen attempted to board.

After a brief bout of musical ships Shadwell wrangled the remaining persons whos sea legs would not allow them aboard such a magnificent ship to board his own "peasant barge" and we soon set sail for Sea Market, rumored to have all manner of vessels available within their dockyards. The voyage was a bit long and we very nearly ran out of wine! Thankfully I was carrying an emergency supply and managed to top off our Baron before disaster might strike. We soo narrived dockside at the famous Sea Market. At the Baron's behest I set out to find any available wines whilst He and Boring-o pored over maps and charts detailing new plans and strategies for Nuj'.

Once we had aquired our own vessel we set out to liberate fair Nujel'm from the Sultanate thus freeing her people from a life of servitude and fear of their canibalistic overlords! Our arrival was hailed by the Baron's Declaration of Colonization. The citezens cheered declaring it their Freedom Day, no doubt to be celebrated for all time! Much surveying of his new realm was done with the Palace thoroughly looted inspected where evidence of the Sultan's atrocities was made clear. We even ransacked their library, my torch adding to the destruction. The Baron despises libraries and all shall burn. A new Tavern to replace the Green Goblin was also discovered! Its a shame for the old Gob' but Baronial decrees are Baronial decrees after all. The Baron gave a rousing speech within one of the various halls of entertainment and I even tried my hadn at entertaining his Baronship with mixed results. . .

The various facilities proved most useful with debtors prisons and courts already effeciently built, even one or two locals were harassed press ganged conscripted encouraged to join the Barony directly. The Baron then ordered Untrusted Watchman Tingleith to remain in exile on Nujel'm and to keep the place under watch until our return. Which frankly may be never. . .  Then towards home we sailed without much incedent!

Another grand Covian victory at the hands of our most ingenious Baron!!

HUZZAH!

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman, Medic, Army of Cove

((OOC: If anyone was there and I've missed you please let me know.))
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 12:46:54 pm by Marcus Kobra » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 03:05:35 pm »

In his fine, upstanding generosity, our great Baron has seen fit to award the following shillings for those who attended the Baron's Court and expedition to Nuj'elm.

Axiana Masteen - 5 shillings
Crowley Graves - 5 shillings
'Mischief' - 5 shillings

Amon Jarl, Noble.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length