Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:59:20 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Light Company Board (Moderator: Linaeus)
| | |-+  *Two unsealed letters lie in the coffer box*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *Two unsealed letters lie in the coffer box*  (Read 2171 times)
Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2009, 01:30:54 pm »

Dearest Raiden,

I do not know how much longer I have before this curse finally consumes me so I am writing this to you now.  Things have already begun to become too much and last night in the tavern spelt the beginning of the end. 
I will try to explain this in terms you might understand as I know you do not believe much in the ways of elves and drow.   Over two centuries ago my grandmother was cursed by the high priestess of the first house in one of the Drow cities.  This means she was very powerful and considered high in Lloth's regard by her people. The curse she placed on my grandmother would turn her children and their children into little more than what you might call soul less murderers before they reached their first century, which is full adulthood for us.  It is for this reason my family lived in Sanctuary. 

But I believed the curse could be cured and left and studied as much as I could about every other faith, races, cultures and languages to find any evidence of Drow attacks on them.  It seems you humans have the greatest defence against her, love and compassion.  Which is exactly what the curse destroys in my family.  I almost achieved that here in Cove with Darek until he was taken away from me and since then I have just fallen into despair and the curse has taken a hold of me again.

If anything happens to me then it will not be the fault of anyone and maybe even a good thing.  I am sorry this is no condolence for you and I will try to leave before the worst happens.

*the letter remains unfinished and unsigned*

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 01:39:03 pm »

Dear Kal,

I hope this letter finds you before it is too late.  I know I should of trusted you in telling you this sooner but I always hoped it would never come to be.  Like you my family has also been plagued by drow, such is the way of elves since we cast them from ourselves.  My Grandmother was cursed by the High priestess of the first house many years before my mother was born.  This curse has since consumed me from the inside and I feel I can no longer contain it's effects. I will try to leave Cove before it takes too much of a hold but I think I still have some time left to make things right again between us.

*scribbled out words*

*the letter remains unfinished and unsigned*

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 08:02:00 pm »

Jenifer sits at her desk sifting through the old reports and application forms stuffed into the Coffer Box.. these two documents catch her eye as being less official looking than the rest. After the first reading, she does not move, simply stares.

Slowly, she re-reads each of the letters pondering the implications of each.. After the second read she rises, leaving the letters locked in the Scouts Tower, and walks slowly out of the hideout...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length