Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:41:27 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Altmere Liberation Front (Plot Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Altmere Liberation Front (Plot Thread)  (Read 5842 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2009, 12:49:46 am »

*Pamphlets that can be found scattered in the wind, nailed to trees and doors, and placed in other strategic areas in and around Altmere and Cove.*

Brothers, Sisters, Comrades, open your eyes and lend me your ears! For too long have the honest commonfolk of Altmere been subject to the schemes and machinations of far-off Lords, and prey to the cruel blades of foreign oppressors. For too long has the product of the people's labor been consumed by the self-proclaimed "Upper Class", while the laborers themselves are condemned to hunger and poverty! For too long has our sacred homeland been the plaything and prize of those who would call themselves her master!

Altmere is ruled from afar by an absentee Lord, 'protected' by a foreign militia that is neither able to march in its defense nor cares to be, and governed by a council of puppets. The people of Altmere are left to fend for themselves against the horrors of the wilderness, while the puppets and their master grow fat on the product of the land. Is this the Freedom that Altmerian blood has been spilt for time and again?

Therefore I call upon every honorable and virtuous man and woman, old or young, native or foreign, to RISE UP! Join us, and together we will forge a new Altmere, free of poverty and squalor and slavery, where the product of the land is used for the benefit of all its people. Join us, and FIGHT for Liberty! Fight, that your ancestors will not have died in vain, and that your children might some day know peace and prosperity.

Take up the bloodied banner; the farmer's pitchfork shall become a mighty spear. Take up the forgotten cause; the smithy's hammer shall become a thundering mace. Take up the cry of battle; the forester's axe shall fell the strongest foe. Rise up, our victory is at hand!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 05:08:31 am by Linaeus » Logged

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:16:44 am »

(OOC: The following is just a bit of OOC storyline to add flavor to the Altmere Scenario.)

Dear Elizabeth,

If this letter befalls you, it means I have failed to keep my promise. For this I am truly sorry. As I write this I fear I won’t be around to protect you after I’m gone and that’s tearing my up inside. It’ll be up to you, my love.  I want you to stay inside when you can. Keep the baby hidden, and the animals in their pens. Don’t attract any unwanted attention. Most of all don’t try and avenge my death, Elizabeth. You’re the strongest woman I ever met and right now you’ve got to be stronger than ever before. And that means staying safe… For the baby, and her future. For Altmere’s future.  I’ve got to go, I think I hear someone...

Roger

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 07:51:00 am »

Carleton's Log - 14 November 2009

We knew we couldn't win, but that was never our intention anyway. A set-piece battle against superior numbers with better equipment and training is suicide. No, instead our aim was to instill a bit of fear in those Covian pigs. We countered their spells, bolts, and swords with beartrap and nailbomb. They'll be jumping at every broken twig and disturbed patch of soil before long. In that way, we've already won.

Today's company numbered five - myself, a lass with a Vesperian accent, a farmer couple from the Western regions, and a man I've never met who went by Roger. Our enemies, as I observed, numbered five as well; three arcanists, two scouts. We were obviously outmatched, but this too was part of the plan. We never expected favorable odds. To slow the enemy, we set up a series of barricades along the roadway, with various traps scattered between them. Our traps failed to kill any of the swine, but succeeded in wounding at least two.

All was going according to plan until they reached the end of our lines at the Crossroads. I'd prepared a nailbomb between two of the fortress' columns and another on an interior ladder to prevent any effort to flank us. Unfortunately, the Covians' Commanding Officer was a previous victim of mine...she spotted the tripwire immediately, and before we knew it they were through our last line of defence. Roger valiantly hurled himself into the fray, buying the rest of us time to regroup. We were able to disrupt the Covian Patrol for a while further, escaping with only the loss of Roger - whose corpse we recovered and gave a proper burial, something the Covians seemed content to deprive him of.

In the end, we achieved our objective with lighter casualties than I expected. The men did well, and news of our sacrifices will certain bring more of our brethren flocking to our banner. We'll inflict more than a bolt wound and cut foot next time.

- Redmond Carleton

*A few sketches are included below the entry*

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 05:13:19 am by Linaeus » Logged

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 10:26:17 pm »

Carleton's Log - 15 November 2009

I intercepted a member of the Baron's Grenadiers on their way to their home in Altmere this evening. I succeeded in tricking the blasted fool into believing I was a Regular Scout by the name of O'Malley, explaining away the condition and coloration of my "uniform". The trouble came when I attempted to have him give away the location of his home under the guise of patrolling the area between our location and wherever he lived. He was instantly suspicious.

In the end, I was unable to gain any information from him. I did, however, manage to sieze his uniform and a moderate sum of gold before sending him fleeing back to Cove. I pursued him at a safe distance, keeping the the trees, and saw that he was making his way to the Army Barracks to raise the alarm. It was time to go.

- Redmond Carleton

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 04:59:44 am »

Carleton's Log - 2 January 2010

Comrades Boyle aided me in avenging Comrade Roger this evening. It was almost amazing how easily even the Baronship's famed Light Company was fooled. All it took as a scout uniform, a stolen badge, and claims of knowing a few famous figures.

In this particular act, the Boyles played the part of the eager recruit and the downtrodden wife saying her goodbyes the husband she may never see again. The inspiration came from the fact that this would become reality should the Operation fail. I gained access to the Army's barracks under the pretense of accessing the Armory to get the "Recruit" the necessary gear, while one of the Scouts fetched me their new uniform. Once I had everything I needed, I gave Comrade Boyle the usual explosives and left it to him to decide the manner of their delivery.

I stuck around a while after the explosion to ensure my comrades' safe evacuation from the area, and planted one of our posters on a rather baffled Arcanist. Suffice it to say that all of the attention for this particular incident is now centered on him. A successful Operation.

- Redmond Carleton

Rita
Covian Regular

Bam.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 04:56:37 am »

*A copy of a military report has found its way into the hands of Redmond Carleton...

Attending:
Junior Arcanist Bersi, Leading
Junior Guardsman Rita Whalebiter
Junior Guardsman Gabe Drachen
Watchman Larinya Angalae
Watchman Kennit Tel'var
Recruit Victor Kien

This was in the eve of the ninth of this month.

Junior Bersi'd led us out to a clearing in the Shire not far from the Vesperian border where we set up a sentry as per standard procedure.

The area had seemed secure. However, as night fell we were attacked repeatedly by what we assume were Altmerian terrorists. In the first incident a bomb was thrown o'er the western wall, which didn't do overmuch damage but distracted us as we were attacked by an armed woman. We chased her down nearly t'the southern shore, where we apprehended her.

The woman was caught, bound, and brought back to the sentry point. We couldn't figure what her uniform was- I've tried t'get the colours as close as I could in my sketches. Tel'var and Kien were placed in charge of questioning and guarding her with myself looking after the sentry entrance.

However, afore we'd got any information from her, another bomb were hurled from the eastern side o' the sentry, catchin' both myself and Angalae in the blast and destroyin' a good part o' that side o' the wall. At this point Junior Drachen appeared and began pursuit of the remaining hostiles into the woods. There was at least one other man.

The prisoner, despite bein' shackled and bound with rope hand and foot, made good her escape durin' the confusion. Unable to figure what kind o' numbers we were dealin' with, and with three casualties so far, Bersi ordered a tense march homeward with himself at the rear and Drachen scoutin' for more trouble nearby.

Since the sentry I've been recoverin' off-duty.

*signed*
R Whalebiter
Junior Guardsman

Bersi
Cove Command
Covian Regular

Wants some whiskey.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 02:17:19 am »

Report by Kas Valentine.

Led by:
Junior Arcanist Bersi

Attended by:
Kas Valentine, Senior Arcanist
Ruby Whalebiter, Watchman
Robin Quill, Guardsman Recruit
Railen, Guardsman Recruit
Sabal, Guardsman Recruit
Ilyana, Guardsman Recruit

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:59:03 am by Linaeus » Logged
Bersi
Cove Command
Covian Regular

Wants some whiskey.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 02:19:30 am »

*a copy of report has been delivered to Altmerian Leberation Front leaders by unknown treacherous bastard*
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 02:57:06 am »

Carleton's Log - 2 February 2010

I am free, though I fear I will be of little use to the People until I've fully recovered from my injuries. Nevertheless, I remain confident that my Comrades will carry on the struggle in my absence. The Revolution has always been about more than the dream of one man, so it stands to reason that it would continue even in the event of my death - perhaps even more vigorously, with the name of a fallen Comrade to spur it onwards.

Indeed, listening through the bars I have heard speaking of the casualties the Army has incurred since my imprisonment. Unfortunately it also seems that these Covians know little of why we fight them, but are fixated on the idea that we are little more than a small band of terrorists and murderers. They find the truth - that there is no Front, that the People are rising up against them in righteous anger - entirely unappealing and deny it at every turn.

No matter. They cannot hope to deny the People their freedom much longer. For every Comrade they kill, ten more take up the cry. For every farm they burn in desperate rage, they turn more and more people to our cause. They seek to fight us with torch and blade, not seeing that it was this approach to governing that brought us to this course of action in the first place.

They can not, will not win.

- Redmond Carleton

Bersi
Cove Command
Covian Regular

Wants some whiskey.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 10:59:31 am »

*another report made its way into the hands of revolutioners*

Bersi
Cove Command
Covian Regular

Wants some whiskey.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 01:28:25 pm »

*treacherous insider made a copy of another report and sent it with pigeon to Altmere Liberation Front command*

*few sketches was attached to the report*

"Dead guardsmen bodies"

"Fire funeral"

"Burning Altmere farm"
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 04:18:47 am »

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length