Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:30:57 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Grenadier Board (Moderators: Marcus Kobra, Linaeus)
| | |-+  Reposted: "All In A Night's Work"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reposted: "All In A Night's Work"  (Read 1994 times)
Linaeus
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2010, 02:28:31 am »

Attending
Grenadier Captain Torrak Keres
Junior Grenadier Marcus Tel'var (at the orc fort)
Junior Grenadier Rita Whalebiter
Junior Grenadier Keitaro Kazami
Guardsman Recruit Lossarious Teleri

Having decided to get the newest recruit out and about, and me and Kazami itching to get some real work done with our conflagration vials for the first time, we set out last night for a patrol of the orc fort under Captain Keres.

By the time we were finished... and I don't recall it being but a half-hour or so later... the place'd been cleared and burnt so's that hardly a living thing were left, and yet still we were itching for more to do. So the Captain ordered us all off to town and through the gate to Chaos, and off we piled, eager to find ourselves some mortal danger to keep us busy.

I've been in sticky situations in Chaos. But this time we barreled on through, bronze-shouldered shielders to the fore with our archer recruit bringing up the back. We cut a line over the stone bridge to the south, then westerly, where sure enough we found ourselves ambushed by the very worst of wytches, and daemons, and their like. Our wall pressed on, trampling succubus and elemental underfoot. As we circled back, we dared the passage we knew to be guarded always by balrons.

Bracing ourselves behind our heater shields, and with Teleri keeping up the fire bravely from behind, we weathered the onslaught of three balrons, one after the other, before turning homewards again.

Destroyed: A succubus, three balrons, five or six orc brutes, and plenty of other Guardian spawn gone uncounted.
Collected: About 23000gp in total.

*a signature is scrawled below*
Rita Whalebiter
Junior Grenadier

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length