Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 08:11:29 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *Letter addressed to the Steward*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *Letter addressed to the Steward*  (Read 1791 times)
Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2010, 09:55:52 pm »

Dear Honourable Mr. Varen, Steward of Cove,

I Maccen Korten, write to you about the ladies boarding house we discussed briefly some time ago. I where hopping we might meet and speak in more detail as I plan to obtain a deed for land and petition for public taxes to help fund the opening of such an establishment. I am certain you are well aware of the great public work this building shall be offering low cost rent to the single or estranged women of Cove whom so desperately need shelter and guidance in their lives. If you will plan to meet with me so we may discuss price and what land in cove I might purchase or be granted for this endeavour.

With much regard,

Maccen Jepta Korten, Commoner of Cove

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 01:35:50 am »

*A copy of the previous is recent along with a second letter*

Honourable Mr. Varen,

I write to ye again in concern to the bourding home. I have already taken loan from the bank to the tune of Four-Hundred-Thousand gold crown and craftsmen have come and gone. These monies only paid for the foundations and the walls but four walls do not make a home and therefore from my own poket I have attempted to furnish the establishment. I know that perhaps I should have waited on yer return letter but knowing a number of the unfortunate lasses here in Cove desperatly without accomodation I pressed to have the place built. I would still wish to discuss the Baronship repaying my loan to the bank, and about any additional funding for furniture. Much of it is mismatched due to the fact some citezens have donated a table here, a chair there. I realize that sandstone and marble are a far cry of what the Covian populace can afford but I would like to offer comfortable accomodations that seem fresh rather than second hand or run down. Atleast not until time has had its chance to bring this about naturally of course.

It also would seem the Bailiff where more than happy to alocate tax monies and even possibly tax rightoffs to help in annual maintenance costs. Give that I still feel we should talk, and that ye should see the facilities. Already some ladies have taken refuge within the bourding homes walls, their first months rents being wrote off to their humble donations of fabric and basic supply.

I look forward to our meeting, and my reciept of Citezenship papers this Sunday. I hope you stay well.

*Signed*

Maccen Jepta Korten, Commoner of Cove

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length