Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:20:42 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  Scribe's Trove (Moderator: Kelly Sanderson)
| | |-+  Father to Son
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Father to Son  (Read 1976 times)
Atrus Kien
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

It wasnt me... maybe...

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2010, 06:41:40 pm »

Riding back to his keep Gaius stopped near the barracks were he saw his son training with one of his men. Pulling his leg over he gets off his horse. He tied the reins to the hitch and walked into the court yard. He motion to his soldier to stop before Atrus started on a new spell. Gaius pulled out his sword and just before Atrus saw him, he cut down at his son nearly missing his head. Atrus moved back around but before he started to say a spell Gaius moved his fist to his son's face, knocking him to the ground. Gaius sheaths his sword and starting walk towards Atrus trainer when Atrus started to stand casting a spell from his hand that echoed in his voice. Surges of lighting starts to appear all across his body then force in the palms in the hand. Gaius turns back around trying to pull out his sword, but it was to late. Atrus pushes the light in his palm to his pointer finger and shoot lighting at his father. It hits the ground moving up before it hits Gaius in the stomach, sending him to the air flying across to the other side of the training ground hitting the snow with his back first, flipping and turning as he hits the ground a few more times before he finally stops.

Still sizzling, Atrus runs over to his father along with half of his troops who heard the lighting cracked the ground. Gaius coughs abit sitting up to see his men running towards him. Atrus and the physician pulls along to the front and kneed down near Gaius.

" Father! I am so sorry! I- I didn't think I used THAT much power! Please forgive me!" Atrus half screamed at his father with a worried face.

Gaius chuckled abit wincing some as the physician checks his body out for breaks. "It is alright my son. I probably shouldn't have tried to kill you as I did. Nor the fact that I turned my back on ye. First rule?" Gaius looks at his son smiling with prideful eyes.

"Never turn your back on your target." Atrus said trying to sound like Gaius and everything.

Gaius looked to his men and gets up from the ground slowly. "As ye were men. Nothing to see here but your commander getting his arse kicked by a child." Gaius grins at his men as they start to laugh and chuckle before they all walked off, continuing there days work. Before Atrus walks away to finish his training for the day Gaius grab his sons arm and said "Not you Atrus, there is something I would like to talk to you with." He pulled his son along toward his keep. Gaius open the door and walked inside the warm room with rugs and silks from across the world.

Atrus walked behind his father and in one of his fathers stuffed chairs with the fur side of an animals skin draped over it. "what do you need papa?" Atrus asked as Gaius walks over to the fire place and throws more logs on it and pokes it to get it starting again.

"Atrus, you are alittle sneak aren't ya?" Gaius asked still poking the logs to raise up the fire.

"I don't understand" Atrus asked

"I know you left the keep and wondered into the lands of Cove. But what I don't understand is what your reason for it was. Believe me son, I am not mad. But if anything happened to you while you were alone..... I- I..." Gaius said not really wanting to finish it. " I don't know what I would do" He looks over to his son and stares into his eyes. "Not only that but with Ilyana as well. What were you thinking?" Gaius walks over to his son and knees down beside him.

Atrus looks deep into his father eyes. " I know you weren't happy father. Alot of the men think you like other men because you have no taken a wife, nor shown any interest in women. Plus to keep saying that name in your sleep." Atrus looks away from his father's gaze. "I just wanted to help, but I found out that Ilyana isn't a good person and I don't want you with her! She is so cold and emotionless its... its..... weird!"

Gaius signs deeply and said "Atrus, I do love her. And I do plan to make her my wife. I now know you don't feel the same, but please don't do anything to cause harm to her." Gaius stands up and walks to the door but before he opens it to turns his head and looks at his son. "Atrus you are my pride and joy that would make any father jealous. Try and get along with her. For me at least. I have never ask you to do anything that I wouldn't do myself nor order you. Ye don't have to like her. Though I would like if you did, but you do have to be nice. Now I have to go back down south to see her. I will be back soon my son" He opens the door and walks out leaving his son..... alone.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length