Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:35:18 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Current Orders: The Plague
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Current Orders: The Plague  (Read 2254 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2010, 07:09:18 am »

*The following sets of orders have been issued only to the section of the Army headlining each, although all Officers and Council members have access to the records should they go searching.*

Baron's Own Grenadiers

Containing the Disease: With plague rampant in neighboring Yew and the Royalist Garrison at Templewood severely lacking, it has become necessary to impede in whatever way we can the movement of infected persons east into Altmere. To this end, the Grenadiers are hereby ordered to carry out the destruction of the bridge linking Templewood-West Altmere to the Protectorate of Yew. As there exists the potential that this will be seen as an act of aggression by Templewood, efforts should be made to cast the blame on Altmerian Separatists.

Due to the political repercussions that Covian troops demolishing portions of the Queen's Highway might incur, this task is to be carried out by Grenadiers only, and only spoken of as a means of casting blame on a suitable scapegoat.

The Scouts

Tracking the Spread of the Disease: Rumors have surfaced that the Plague has spread to Trinsic. If this is the case, blockade and perhaps even cleansing of the City may be necessary. In order to determine what course of action the Army should take with regards to ensuring the safety and health of the entire realm, the Light Infantry are tasked with venturing into the City of Trinsic and searching for any signs of disease there. The use of protective facewear is advised, although maintaining a low profile is of a higher priority until the spread of the disease is confirmed.

Feel free to enlist any other Guardsmen you find necessary in your efforts towards completing this task.

The Arcane Company

Judging the Nature of the Disease: While I understand that the Company's numbers have dwindled, its role as the Army's advisor on all things unnatural continues to be of the utmost importance. If we are to contain and eventually eradicate the plague currently devouring Yew, we must have an in-depth knowledge of how it spreads, what the signs of infection are, how it might be treated, and, somewhat grimly, the mortality rate. We cannot act without first knowing what we are acting against.

To that end, you are to gather specimens of diseased flesh, interview those who've witnessed its spread firsthand, and gather what information you can on how it can be prevented or, if necessary, treated. We can't very well go around burning every single person who catches cold "Just in case."

You may make use of other Guardsmen for the capture, transport, and handling of specimens, but you will be held responsible for their safety and for acting accordingly if they show signs of infection. Take care of your comrades.

*Signed in somewhat grim, blocky lettering;*
On behalf of Baron, Council, and Clergy,
Grenadier Commander Torrak A. Keres

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 12:17:29 am »

Abi' Keres' Report on the Symptoms of Plague

According to information gathered during my most recent stop in Yew, during which I questioned several Yewish Militiamen with firsthand experience of the plague and its victims, the disease's course can be divided into three distinct stages. The disease is most likely transmitted via direct contact of open wounds or other bodily orifices with infectious material, including but not limited to Blood, Vomit, Mucous, Pus, and so forth.

Initial Stage - TREATABLE
Symptoms: Coughing, Sneezing, Fever, potential Vomiting. Similar to Influenza.
Treatments: The Yewish were less than forthcoming about this, besides mentioning that the cure was being developed by their Church. Based on this, I theorize that, unlike the Flu, it does not involve large quantities of warm soup, though warmth of the fiery kind is almost certainly involved. Needs more research.

Middle Stage - NOT TREATABLE
Symptoms: Worsening of initial symptoms, eventual descent into violent madness, resulting in transformation into rotting, violent lunatic. Bleeding from eyes, nose, and mouth reported but unconfirmed.
Treatments: Periodic doses of halberd-to-the-face, supplemented by vitamins and incineration.

Late Stage - BASICALLY DEAD
Symptoms: Noticeably violent, likely beginning to rot, vague resemblance to a zombie, and likely to be spewing various bodily fluids from every orifice in an attempt to spread the disease. Some unexpected and unpredictable deformities may occur.
Treatments: See middle stage.

*Signed*
Abigail C. Keres, Junior Arcanist
6th Arcane Company

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 10:53:46 pm »

Commander Keres took a seat at his desk and, seeing only a single report, muttered "When we're all zombies, ah'm blamin' th'lot o'ye."

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 05:23:04 pm »

Food Delivery & Bridge Demolition

Leading: Cailin Keres, Junior Guardsman
Attending: Kas Valentine, Senior Arcanist
                 Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman
                 Sergio Jarrett, Regular Scout
                 Leanne Melior, Guardsman Recruit
                 Gaius Blaesus, Guardsman Recruit

As part of our ongoing efforts to both contain the plague and assist those areas already afflicted, I led a detachment of Guardsmen to Yew carrying a few crates of assorted food and drink. We arrived without incident, and offloaded our goods in Stonekeep before inquiring as to whether our services were presently required. As there was no pressing need for reinforcement of the area at the time, we opted instead to carry out what the Commander had previously labeled as a mission to be carried out secretly, but due to the urgency of the situation given myself clearance for; destruction of the Templewood Bridge.

After checking our equipment and warming up for the journey ahead, we set out east from Stonekeep, following the road towards the Greater Yew "Exclusion Zone" - an area almost completely consumed by the plague, lying between Templewood and Yew Proper. Having been warned of this fact beforehand, we made a point of slaughtering anyone along the road exhibiting symptoms of the plague. Regrettably, we were forced to slay around a dozen unfortunate souls.

Arriving at the Templewood Bridge, we quickly set about tearing up the posts and planking before having Arcanist Valentine set fire to the remainder. Not wishing to have a large number of Covian troops spotted within Templewood's borders, I had the men disperse and make their own ways home.

*Signed*
Cailin Keres, Junior Guardsman

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length