Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:19:24 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  The Church (Moderator: Altair De Nostra)
| | |-+  To Army High Command and Cove Council from the Desk of the Preceptory
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: To Army High Command and Cove Council from the Desk of the Preceptory  (Read 2846 times)
Vortimer
Church Of Cove
Guest Of Cove

DEUS VULT!!

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:16:31 am »

Vortimer stormed into the preceptory. He roped his warhorse Eliduc up to the hitching post and climbed the ladder to the dormitory.

“Brother” he called to the brown robed monk in a stern but placid voice,

“I hath several letters that doth require inscribing.” And so Vortimer began to dictate to the monk as he sat at the desk, quill in hand.

“Address one to each of the following. Dear Members of the Covian Council, Officers of the Covian Army. Ah, and we shall need copies for Sir Hugo, and His Excellency Cornelius Rege.

Certes, 'twas an interesting night. Twould seem that a strange plague hath claimed the life of a recruit. He was a leper whose skin was rotting to the core and he could not go on living. Mercifully the guardsmen didst burn him. 'Pon entering the goblin to ensure the recruit was dead and had been given a blessed funeral rite I didst spy an elf who I hath been told is named 'Cal.' I asked him why he didst wear the armour of an Arcanist, to which he didst give no substantial response. Upon inspecting his belongings I found a blue potion which doth hath the ability to render a man 'invisible' so so I thought. Drachen didst confirm that is is explosive, and this elf is no grenadier. Therefore if he doth use explosives he is either an unsanctioned arcanist, or a violator of Covian law. Further he mentioned placing 'frogs' in my bed. All know that the frog is a familiar of wytches, and oft they doth turn Avatarian men and women into frogs.

I ordered the Guardsmen to seize him and bring him to the barracks for further questioning. Inside he revealed that he doth use the magic known commonly as 'chivalry' and proceeded to blaspheme and make libelous accusations about the Avatari church. I didst have half a mind to crush his face with my maul, but in my benevolence I hath spared this elf from the pyre for today. For if I burned him on the spot, I wouldst hath no evidence to hold all of these men responsible. The Lord works in mysterious ways, and he didst call to me and tell me that this matter should be a test of thy faith.

Until thou hath resolved this matter I submit to thee the following names for interrogation:

• Gabriel Drachen
  • Leander Le Blanc
  • Perrin Stonespear
  • The elf 'Cal'

In the sketches and transcriptions I have provided, thou shalt see just how far damned this elf is and how he hath clearly incriminated himself numerous times.

Admitted wytches doth nay receive trials in Cove. Remember council members, I do this for thine own protection and nay out of vanity. We must protect Avatar's beloved Cove from the curse of wytchcraft.

Henceforth I declare:

If this HERETIC wytch-elf called 'Cal' is not branded and sanctioned by a member of the church or the army before the week hath commenced, he shall burn until his death.

Mayhap three hangings and one burning shall teach the army some respect. How dare a watchman question a knight and Father of The Church? Please respond promptly so that this is resolved amicably."

*Signed and Stamped with the Chapter Seal*

Sir Vortimer

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:33:33 am by Vortimer » Logged

"The Covian Beau Séant is half black and half white, for that is the character of a Templar. Our wholly white tabards represent fairness towards Avatarians, whilst our leaded black capes show we are dark and terrible towards heretics." —Fr. Clement Vortimer
Lucas Drachen
The Covian Cannon
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Probably Dead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:36:41 am »

To Vortimer,

I am shocked by the actions of The Watchman. I can assure you however the elf is not a wytch. However I am not pleased with the disrespect he has shown a man of the cloth. I will convene with The rest of the officers to arrange a suitable punishment and penance for these actions. We shall forego the Branding of this one. Not to overstep you of course Brother, But because his reasons for carrying the potion do check out. As myself and other officers have served beside Cal for quite a while now I can assure you, The only magic this one weilds is the Holy Magic of The Chivalrous arts. We shall notify the church soon with the tasks we shall assign the watchman for his disrespect and utter lack of understanding of The Church.

Signed,
Lucas Drachen, Grenadier Officer Cadet

Hoagie: "Lobster battallion, chaaaarge!"
Vortimer
Church Of Cove
Guest Of Cove

DEUS VULT!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:18:39 am »

Grenadier Officer Cadet Drachen,

Firstly, I doth appreciate thy prescription of penance. Indeed the matter thou hath raised doth indeed require further exploration, which is why I hath initially spared the elf. I went into the Church archives and did more research. Some of the incantations I hath found art the following: Expor Flamus, Obsu Vulni, Consecrus Arma, Dispiro Malas, Divinum Furis, Forul Solum, Augus Luminos. I hath also included wood cuts that illuminate the divine properties of this magic below.

Indeed this magic is to be wielded for divine purposes, but I ask thee the following question. What is a 'holy spell' or 'chivalrous art' if it is not being cast by a holy man, a disciple, or a cleric?

1.) He carries a book of spells.
2.) He speaks incantations.
3.) He hath admitted he is not Avatarian.
4.) He wears leathers of an Arcanist.
5.) He carries highly suspicious bottles of brew, no matter what the reason.

Covians hath been branded for far less. The evidence is against him. Understand that I can not allow a wytch to go about Cove unsanctioned. The law is black and white and I shall not be contradicted, devout Avatarian lives are at stake.

In the name of our blessed saviour Avatar who ascended to save all Britannians from such wytchery,
Give him the 'A' or I shall give him death.

Carry on the will of the Lord.
*Signed Cordially*
Sir Vortimer

"The Covian Beau Séant is half black and half white, for that is the character of a Templar. Our wholly white tabards represent fairness towards Avatarians, whilst our leaded black capes show we are dark and terrible towards heretics." —Fr. Clement Vortimer
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length