Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:30:47 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Have your say, chaps!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: What is it you'd like to see more in BoC?
Regular Events (Hunts, Trainings, etc.)
Interguild events
Storylines/Plots
Focusing on non-army elements
Other (please note)

Author Topic: Have your say, chaps!  (Read 2408 times)
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2011, 09:11:41 am »

Yes, a command team where there's only 1-2 half active, can't keep the whole guild running. However, if we know what you desire to keep up a reason to play within the guild, you can now say what you would like to see. Reason why this might need a poll is, because there are always about the 2-4 same players that attend the events. And as long as we don't know what you'd like to see most, we can't focus on that.

Vote now, or get demoted!

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 02:36:26 pm »

Other:

More Keres statues. No potential recruit can resist the might of Keres.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 05:50:17 pm »

Interguild events! There are plenty folks on through out the community. We need more events designed to bring the guilds together. Weather this involves war, some mythic threat, a tavern rotation, the loyalist and separatist forces officially ending all aggression. Who knows, the hate hate relations between guilds is killing us all. And if you say there is no such thing then your a damned fool.

I realize that everyone is basically at peace, but the ancient and traditional hate mongering IC is frankly very detrimental. I harp on this anytime discussion opens. I wish I had solutions but every idea I've had I know won't succeed here or would likely be detrimental to the community as a whole. That said, after 5 years I have Finlay chosen to put an alt in another guild, simply to get out of the isolationism that the Europa community sometimes feels like.

The only solution I really have right now is unification in a player run town outside the traditional cities of UO, free sharding with a similar idea as my first idea, or serious contemplation into finding a replacement game(none really exist) that people would willingly mass migrate to. I do not hold much hope and have no doubt that we stand at the twilight of what was a golden age. I believe we have been in this twilight for some time now, but have been told Te notion was pessimistic or unrealistic. What's unrealistic is the idea that we can continue to get anything out of the
near nothing.

I've gone on long enough, it's the broken record but if we don't all come up with something we are screwed. Building up BoC activity is only a bandaid over a wound that requires a surgeon. BoC is not what we have to worry about surviving it's the whole community.

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 08:45:25 am »

I think maybe Europa is at a point where we could start doing tavern nights throughout the community and rotate where it is held every week, visiting each others towns and taverns..

Storylines and plots we can do spontaneous, there is 36 ways to do it..

Regular events we can do whenever we like (hunts, etc..) We just need to get more active as a guild and start breeding activity..

So I vote for inter-guild events, as I see it as the only way of getting people active and into the roleplaying, doesn't matter what it is... I agree with Maccen.. We can't continue our current path with the lack of activity and pretend we have the greatest RP community still.. Radical changes would need to be made, maybe loosening up restrictions a bit throughout the community, the entire purpose of no-magical, non-runic crafted armor was so that we could balance the playing field and play realistically, or so how I see it.. What good is it when all the guilds are at peace? What good is it when none of the guilds are going out and being active? Why do we not let players maybe form some more guilds if they want to make their own trading companies, player towns, small villages, etc.. No matter where? Look at Minoc, Valoria still stands, the guild doesn't, the Knights Templar, a dead guild, yet Templewood still stands, but if you tried to RP again up in these areas, people complain (Ooh you can't do that, it is a territory of the Kingdom!) etc.. I wanted to make a Minoc guild once upon a time while -V- was still active, but I had complaints while trying to get feedback.. Only person for it was Hanse(as he use to run a minoc guild) however, I lacked the tools to do it..  

As far as BoC goes, we have a lack of leadership, I have been trying to get active and really want to, but I dislike playing by myself and doing hunts and what not by myself as I seem to get disconnected a lot and I have a bad ping on Europa... I think new ways to get promoted and gaining in rank in BoC based on how active one is would be necessary.. Active players in the end, should benefit, as they are the ones keeping the guild active, they should be the one quickly going up into staff positions and making the decisions for the guild.. BoC has a very organized ranking system, it was one of which would be simple to change or modify, but it is also one that requires MANY players to be active and I think the lack of activity is what is forcing players from not getting on and doing guild stuff (which we are required to do gain the next rank), I think by loosening it up a bit, getting the active players promoted, getting them into emi and staff positions, we would see a lot more activity and a lot more of us would be able to recruit players..

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:08:46 am by Jassi Cowin » Logged

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 03:38:02 pm »

Storylines + Interguild Events = Awesomeness.

Jassi's touched on an interesting point - promoting active members and letting them make decisions for the Guild. Whilst its important to retain the 'Elders' of the Guild to ensure that it is well navigated by Command, perhaps opening up the decisive elements of BoC would be useful.

Maybe consider something akin to the UN Security Council; keep a set of permanent Elders in Command but rotate the majority of the other Command members on the basis of activity and motivation (not that the UNSC works like that but you get the idea). Such a concept may see better results but obviously require some dynamic structuring.

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 08:35:48 am »

Or make Senior Guardsmen emissaries, perhaps keep them all at that rank once one reaches Senior Guardsman, but not necessarily putting them in a command position of the guild, but allowing them to promote members during parades/changing titles and recruiting members when they feel necessary..

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 12:10:44 pm »

I'm not so sure on the Emissary status, but there SHOULD always be an available and active Emissary in the Guild - if there is not then this needs to be rectified.

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 01:16:57 pm »

I'm not so sure on the Emissary status, but there SHOULD always be an available and active Emissary in the Guild - if there is not then this needs to be rectified.

We have one.. Or two... Pickles is sometimes on for short periods, Ilyana is usually on Sundays and in the middle of the week.. Everyone else is sort of inactive for the time being.. .. And I have some members who want to join that have come from other shards, but have not gotten them in yet..

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 11:10:45 am »

Plot lines are always hard to follow unless your in them.

Inter-guild events gets my votes... we need war!!! or love?! no we really need war!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length