Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:34:41 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Anyone for Test Center....?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone for Test Center....?  (Read 3165 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2011, 05:33:50 am »

I have declared our presence on Test Center in order to faff around with the game balance changes, behold....

Just use the 'Character Copy' function on the Help menu and it'll copy your character, all their skills, all that they're wearing, everything in their bankbox and everything in their backpack over to Test Center.

S'great fun ! Cheesy

(PS: Because you're an exact copy all of your runes work too, s'awesome)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 05:41:40 am by Kas Valentine » Logged

Keitaro Kazami
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 07:34:44 am »

damn you kas always taking up the most space!!

Jack: "Is the jar of dirt going to help?"
Diadarma: "If you don't want it.. give it back."
*Silence*
Jack: "No" *hugs the jar of dirt*
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 08:22:28 am »

We're taking up all the space Kei, we're taking it up.

Feel the Covian love!?

Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 09:47:43 am »

Is it still the "Pacific" test center? If so, I shall come own you with my ranger.. Tongue

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 09:51:28 am »

As far as I can tell s'a blank shard, I assume it is anyway otherwise there wouldn't be space to place a castle in Trammel outside Cove. S'no houses anywhere near it.

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 10:55:49 am »

I've been battling with Jassi and Jesus wept....

• The bandage change is unreal, Jassi was consistently healing through deadly and lethal poison and then gaining a few hitpoints.
  • With 120.0 Resist and bandages there was essentially nothing I could do. I had to keep him poisoned so I could maintain the damage I'd done to him, but nine times out of ten he resisted it and the rest of the time he just healed through it.
  • Mortal Strike lasts six seconds now, not sure what it was before, but from experience of getting hit by it on Europa I'd say it seems a lot shorter on Test Center.

My connection isn't as good on this particular server but regardless, I don't think a better connection would change the fact that with GM Anatomy/Healing and 120 Resist Jassi is more or less invulnerable against mages.

Testing continues ! Wink

(PS: Naturally Jassi doesn't have this template on Europa, not yet anyway. Seriously, I'm scared, is the age of the warrior upon us!?)

Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 11:55:10 am »

I was also using 100.0 parry as well which is a must need if a warrior plans to go toe to toe with another one, that is the downside about warriors, you don't have enough room in your skills to go up against both mages and warriors.. It's one or the other that you want to do good against..

So I took out chivalry from the equation and kept focus so I could still use specials.. This template helps you do awesome against poisoners and mages of all kinds and gives you a fair chance against other warriors.. The new chivalry changes are awesome btw..

It was..

120 macing
100 tactics
90 anatomy
90 healing
120 resisting spells
100 focus
100 parry

stats were 100 str, 100 dex and 55 int

If a mage actually wants to go good in PVP now, he will need to have poisoning and resisting spells.. The healing even at 90 was absolutely unreal.. Really though with these changes there is no need for Chivalry since the skill focuses primarily on healing.. A lot less people are going to be using chivalry, what they did was pretty much make the skill useless by buffing healing, so a warrior with straight up resisting spells/parry on his template is going to spank the hell out of spellcasters and be able to go toe to toe with other warriors thanks to the new tweaking done to healing..
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 12:01:09 pm by Jassi Cowin » Logged

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 12:15:36 pm »

Thats it! Im copying cel and coming to kick ass...(I hope)
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 01:25:31 pm »

Bandages, better...yes....but im not too worried:)
Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 04:23:00 pm »

Poisoning not a need neither is resist although resist is great against other mages, as nox mages will only have a 10% chance at lethal i don't see it being worth it if you want to poison some body just use weapons, a lot more reliable lethal. Also having poisoning with give you some resistance to it so there is that now.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 06:12:14 am »

The resistance you get from having poisoning skill at GM + the 10% chance to do lethal aswell as not needing to stand within 2 tiles anymore to do deadly. Is superb.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length