Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:38:35 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Navigation Training
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Navigation Training  (Read 1672 times)
Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2011, 06:28:25 pm »

In attendance:
Sergio Jarrett Regular Scout
Ilyana Arcanist Corporal
Kas Valentine Senior arcanist
Cal'ain Watchman
Kelban Guardsman Recruit
Abel Nightroad Guardsman Recruit

Everyone donated 1000 gold (by force)

Since everyone was standing about and there were two scout recruits I decided to lead a training exercise.  I picked the topic of navigation because scouts don't have the option to just throw up a magic portal to anywhere they've been they must rely on knowledge of the best and fastest ways to get somewhere.  It was for that purpose I stated the rules for arcanist could not use the teleport spell, recall or moongate.  After a bit of input from Ilyana, probably out of fear of not being able to find her way through the lost lands without teleporting over rivers and through the natural earth works, it was decided we'd traverse the ant tunnels.  I had not been in the tunnels for at least a year so it was a good refresher for myself.

Upon entering the tunnels I had to ask the obvious question of whether anyone had made a pact with the ants.  No one said they did so I decided we'd try to secure for future use so we could get through even faster.

After talking to one of the more homicidal queens of the nest we set off on a task to secure our safe passage through, we were to kill five of the other queens securing this ones place as leader.

It was only after the task I remembered that there was a higher rank in the ant system and we continued with our passage through the tunnels.

We ended up in yew after only one misturn due mostly to my curiousity as I'd forgotten where one of the paths led only to be reminded it was near cove.  After getting kas to open a Moongate after officially ending the prohibition we pooled the gold and I decided everyones share was 1000 gold I told everyone was donating with only Kas protesting before I told him "to bad".  I then dismissed them all to do there own thing.

*Signed*
Sergio Jarrett
Regular Scout
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length