Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:26:56 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Shame Investigation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame Investigation  (Read 4596 times)
Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2012, 10:51:18 pm »

In Attendance:
Ilyana, Arcanist Corporal
Nicholi, Regular Guardsman
Sergio Jarrett, Regular Scout
Radek Wilkes, Veteran (Yew)
Phil, Veteran (Yew)
Gotrek, Veteran (Yew)
Keitaro, Random group
Piper, Random group

Everyone donated 2000 gold.

Upon my return to the continent I'd heard rumors of the dungeon hideout of Shame being infested with more than just the normal creatures.  I wanted to learn more about this incase it started happening elsewhere so I decided to call a patrol.  Upon entering I noticed a large difference in the amount of "life" in the cave creatures made of mud tougher earth elementals and large trolls all inhabited the most accessible layer of the dungeon.  Not to mention these creatures swarmed and barricaded parts of the cave making it harder to get around.

Having to wade through piles of these creatures got exhausting and it got to the point where we had to keep going instead of fighting everything in our way.  So we continued to the first portal.

Upon getting through the first portal we encounter significantly less resistance, but it seemed that there was an alter before we got to the second portal that was used in tandem with the crystals some of these monster were carrying, after contemplating what it might do for a moment I made the call to continue moving.

After passing through the second portal it quickly became apparent after two tries that using force to get into the mage hideout was not an option, So I called for a quick retreat and had Ilyana open a moongate back to where we could divide the spoils, and where the arcanists could investigate the crystals. After dismissal everyone quickly dispersed.

*Signed*
Sergio Jarrett
Regular Scout
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 05:28:13 pm »

A very well done hunting, Jarrett! It seems that those crystals we found indeed work with a tandem to the altars. Perhaps we need a certain amount to activate it. I assume, the deeper we go, the more we'd need.

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:25:00 am »

As no one has yet submitted a report for the (rather drawn-out) raid on Shame carried out last Sunday, I humbly submit the following report, sans sketches, for the benefit of those who attended;

Leading: Escaflowne, "Chaos Prime" (Its chaos that isn't divisible by any integer.)
              Gotrek, Corporal (For Yew)
              Ilyana Drachen, Commander

Attending: Assorted Yewish people I don't know,
                  Assorted Vesperians I -do- know but, in the spirit of Chaos, will not be naming,
                  ---Now For the Good Bit---
                  Kas Valentine, Senior Arcanist
                  Faden Wildheart, Senior Scout
                  Sergio Jarrett, Regular Scout
                  Jassi Cowin, Regular Grenadier
                  Thomas Aylmer, Junior Arcanist
                  Leith Keres, Junior Scout (Reporting)
                 Alfred "Enrique" Bohr, Watchman
                 Nicholi, Greater Turnip

For some as yet unknown (note: Scouts should probably fix this) reason, the dungeon of Shame has suddenly become home to a large number of even rockier rock monsters, some of which are now on fire for no discernable reason. In order to curb their numbers and, presumably, throw the balance of nature into even further disarray, the suddenly Chaos-obsessed cultists of Vesper made plans for a coalition of nations to embark on a demolition expedition; plans which recently came to fruition.

Needless to say, the presence of Vesperian troops ensured the whole affair turned out to be a tedious exercise in peeling their disorderly hides off the dungeon floor every time a Gigantic Flaming Rock Monster cast us a mean glance. Though we ventured to the deepest levels of the dungeon and killed at least one of everything in it, that proved to be all we could accomplish in one evening. While the creatures of the dungeon aren't so much 'stronger' as they were prior to this strange metamorphosis, they're exponentially tougher; the combined might of three nations and several mercenaries took nearly half an hour to break two of the beasts into tiny bits and scatter the pebbles about, and several Yewmen were lost in the resulting gravel pile. Some suspect the Yewish were simply stunned and fell on top of the gravel pile, but due to the drabness of their uniforms, they were never recovered.

It is therefore the opinion of this soldier that the dungeon of Shame is now a massive waste of effort, and further expeditions should come equipped with mining equipment, hand drills, and gunpowder.

*Signed*
Leith Keres, Junior Scout
#1 Keres
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:02:16 am by Linaeus » Logged

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:08 am »

With my ability to foresee such lazyness, I prepared a bunch of scetches of that night.

Ilyana Drachen, Commander

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 11:04:45 pm »

Nicholi Ravnthorn
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 08:59:49 am »

I was there, and same upon you, and your ancestors for not including me in the report!

*Signed*
Nicholi Ravnthorn
Regular Guardsman

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 10:02:41 am »

The record has been amended to reflect your presence.
- L. Keres

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Alfred Bohr
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 11:01:41 am »

To L. Keres,
  Please let it be respectfully known that that one Alfred Bohr is does not possess the middle name of, nor is known as "Enrique" for the purposes of this report or any other. An alteration or addendum to this report would be humbly appreciated, if you would be so kind.

Sincerely,

A. Bohr

*Signed neatly*
Alfred Bohr, Watchman

*Signed neatly* Alfred Bohr, Guardsman Recruit
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length