Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:27:15 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Shroud of the Avatar
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shroud of the Avatar  (Read 3063 times)
Pickles
Cove Command
Covian Veteran

Vinegar soaked Cucumber.

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2013, 09:01:30 am »

So, looks like Lord British is working on a new sandbox RPG, and has most of the funding needed from kickstarter, ect. Look like it is suppose to be as close to Ultima Online that it can be, without breaking any copyright laws. Beta is expected around Decemeber 2013. From what I've dug up, it looks very promising.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/

Mercy
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 09:30:37 pm »

I've been following it at arms length.. compared to modern games it still seems a huge step backwards but it has potential for small communities of rpers. It probably won't reach anything as large scale as UO did and threatens to be quite elite in it's actual appeal to many players.   

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 09:14:09 am »

I'm inclined to err towards caution with this one due to Garriott's recent track record; as well as the wider state of the industry. I'd love for it to be a new fertile ground for us to move to, but in reality I have my doubts. I'll definitely buy it when it comes out, though. Who knows, maybe we'll see the Shrouded Baronship Wink
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:47:33 am by Octiovus » Logged

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Gimbly
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 11:28:31 am »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr ,
Hello again ye 'ol rats landlubbers !! No fear Gimbly is 'ere. Well nevermind err just wanted to know if anyone is in the dev/alpha forums of SOTA.
For i'm there.
Greetings from outta space
Baldy-Man

Society for Putting Things on top of Other Things(tm)
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 06:23:41 am »

Yea nothing would make me happier but sadly.  I believe nothing will compare to what ultima online was, and the community.  I had great times in the game, but players these days are more interested in earning meaningless titles, beating quests, and pointless non punitive pvp.  Players these days don't have the old school mentality that most UP RP guild veterans had.  Ive searched a long time for the light, but sadly have embraced the darkness that the golden age of MMOs has died.  I knew Ultima was dying people didn't listen and now its not even a fragment of its former glory.  Sadly its time for me to let go because I'm tired of the dissapointments and empty promises game developers give us these days.
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 06:30:54 am »

And allowing players to purchase in game items with money is purely retarded.  Mmo developers need to focus on things that'll bring players together not pull them apart.  For instance UO had one thing other games don't, items you can drop on the ground.  chess boards house decorations the list goes on.  Mmos now do not have that, at least make mini games people can play together in pubs or something.  Have money bets Im wasting my time no developer cares about that or is intuitive enough to think of that, and they certainly don't care what I think.
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 04:07:34 pm »

I agree with Kurt completely and thus Shroud has no appeal.

Mind you, if 'Octi actually seeds a fledgeling Baronship I'll be there with bells on. Grin

Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 03:29:59 am »

KAS! What you been up to? We are going to re-occupy Cove, I see your account is still active and see you on ICQ but ya never reply to me..!

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 11:24:00 am »

Apologies Jassi, I get very confused by the layout of ICQ in Windows 8 so I generally log in and log out.

But aye, my account is still active. Ideally it will remain that way until the game dies. Smiley

E-mail is a better way to get in touch (as it goes straight to my phone): superstar_kas@hotmail.com

Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 03:09:08 am »

Good because I am going to form a new Cove guild..

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 04:58:53 pm »

Interesting.......

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length