Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:48:40 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Arcanist Board (Moderator: Pickles)
| | |-+  Arcanist Trials ~ Tsukiyomi Mori
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Arcanist Trials ~ Tsukiyomi Mori  (Read 2223 times)
Pickles
Covian Veteran

Vinegar soaked Cucumber.

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2018, 11:52:12 pm »

Mori, Mori, Mori. Quite the chap, dedicated, motivated and involved. Though, he is a 'bit' of an odd one. What kind of Arcanist doesn't believe in magic? I suppose having different view points on how things work in this odd art is a Arcanist tradition. Avatar knows that Abi and I get into odds about the very same topic. What's one more oddity in an entire squad packed to the gills with them?

Cleansing with Fire:
The world is plagued by all types of foul spell tossing beasts. Undead, Orcs, Juka, Goblins.. all have their type of Arcanists. But none are more heretical , and sinister than those Human Mages gone bad. Twisted by the words of the Guardian, the desire of power, immortality, and greed. Mondain, Minax, twisted, vile humans who push the boundaries too far on their path of knowledge.

To learn where the line truly lies, I would like you to lead a hunt to the Dark Wisp Dungeon in Ilshenar, just outside the Honesty Moongate. You must cleanse at least to the second level of the dungeon, clearing out and burning the twisted, vile mages inside. Go as deep into the dungeon as you can muster. If you dare, make your way through the Magically bound maze onto the bottom level to face the mighty Balron that lies in it's depths.

-Lead a hunt to the Wisp Dungeon in Ilshenar. Clear at least the second level. Getting all the way to the level 5 Balron earns brownie points.
-At least Four other Guardsmen must attend.
-Post a full report with Sketches below.

Back at it!
We're all getting a little rusty, trying to shake out the dust from our old spellbooks. I was able to win a free for all the other day, because the other Guardsmen seemed to forget about me, and foolishly let me stand. Not that I'm complaining. I like winning. But that simply means Tactics have become lax, and fear of the Arcanists' abilities have dwindled.

Hold a training around battle tactics, and the tactics of the Arcanists. I don't want you giving away too many of our little secrets, but the troops have to be able to defend themselves against the onslaught of Arcanist furry. 'Least them forget our might again!

-Lead a Training around battle tactics of the Arcanists, how they're effective, and how to defend against them.
-At least Four other Guardsman must attend.
-At least One of which needs to be able to throw spells. Either a squaded Arcanist or a Arcanist hopeful.
-Post a full report with sketches below.

What are these? Parlor tricks?
I know you have some rather... odd beliefs on magic, it's existence, and how things work. While I do not share theses thoughts, it is always good to share one's knowledge and beliefs. We are a studious Squad, after all. This will be a two in one task. I want you to hold a training/lecture on the techniques, tricks, and use of equipment you use to produce the same, or similar effects of that of a studied Mage. I simply don't understand it, but perhaps it will be an insight on how you are able to conjure such things.

I would also like you to construct a full essay in fine detail, about those topics you cover during your lecture, and attach it to the Tome of Knowledge. Although many of us traditionally taught mages may scoff at the notion, I find the subject incredibly interesting. The addition of your knowledge of slight of hand, illusion, smoke, mirrors, lighting, and scientific equipment would be a useful addition.

-Lead a training/lecture around your use slight of hand, illusion, misdirection, and trickery.
-Attach a detailed essay, summary, and in depth explanation to the Tome of Knowledge.
-Try to get as many Arcanists or Arcanist hopefuls to attend.
-Leave a report of the training with sketches below.

Good Luck Mori! I hope to see you in Agapite arms in no time!

*Signed*
Elizabeth 'Pickles' Martin
Officer C Regular Arcanist
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 05:18:11 am by Pickles » Logged

Dalamar
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 09:38:36 pm »

Back at it

Mori reads the trials and nods slightly. "Time to do some tricks and stuff."

Leading: Tsukiyomi Mori
Attending: Jassi "Ser Sleepy" Cowin
                Keitaro "Old Silverback" Kazumi
                Recruit No.1  (Eason)
                Recruit No.2, lost and never seen again (Duncan)
                Recruit No.3  (Talon)

We started our little training with short theory session, followed by minor physical exercise. Ser Sleepy had to repeat it due minor disobedience and thick skullness. After warming up we proceed to set Ser Sleepy on fire using nothing but our mind.

After setting Jassi on fire, we discussed about various hallucinogens and alchemical mixtures combined with blunt trauma to skull.

We concluded our training with free for all. And I was last one standing.

Now our brave knuckleheads know how to fight against and with tricksters and know basic knowledge how to survive against them.

Yours,
Tsukiyomi Mori

Keitaro Kazami
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 11:42:53 pm »

Looks over the report

Sorry Mori but I do believe I was the last one standing with you being the first to fall over.

*Signed neatly*
Keitaro Kazami
Regular Guardsman

Jack: "Is the jar of dirt going to help?"
Diadarma: "If you don't want it.. give it back."
*Silence*
Jack: "No" *hugs the jar of dirt*
Pickles
Covian Veteran

Vinegar soaked Cucumber.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 05:19:56 am »

You're well on your way! Keep at it, Mori!

*Signed*
Elizabeth 'Pickles' Martin
Officer Cadet

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length