Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:05:21 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Scouts Diary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Scouts Diary  (Read 14115 times)
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2018, 05:52:17 pm »

Saturday, 10th November

It's been little over a month since my last entry. And since I lost two fingers. That however did not stop me from continuing my work. My beautiful wife had teach me a few basic spells, and I had looked deeper into the art of poison usage. As my old friend Kal had.

One could say I'm enjoying a quiet life right now though. Maybe too quiet! But at least I can share it with my soul mate. She seems to enjoy it too, as she reads a lot of books and spends her time usually at home with me or in the Arcanist Tower dabbling with magic of some sort. I like watching her when she's fully focused on these kind of things, how her nose wrinkles when something doesn't go the way she'd like or how her dimples brighten up the whole room when she smiles.

As nice as this is, I can see that it itches in her fingers as well, to go out there and set something in flames.

But as is my character, there are things that concern me. The silence before the storm, I guess. Good old Facey has been missing for a while! I check his cottage daily to see if he left his horse unattended. I need to win this bet, after all!

But not a sound had been heard lately from inside. Neither him nor his horse. I've set up some posters about him missing. And alas, Serj and my cousin informed me that there was a lass at the crossroads who had apparently seen him getting dragged away by members of the Militia.

This seems odd to me. Why should Yew take the Commander hostage? I guess there are a few shady people there, yes, but this? I know Declan has his dark past... But I doubt he'd do such a thing. Or maybe Aries? She's a Waywatcher, after all. Not exactly a squad known for its loyalty. And perhaps she managed to deceive us all. Maybe she's not that kind gal as she pretends to be. I'll definitely keep my eyes and ears open.

Ilyana thinks its possible for Yew to betray us like that. I wished she'd just let her hatred go for them. I managed to get along with Declan, so why can't you, cousin? These people are not the same that are responsible for your miscarriage. This is not your home shard. Those responsible were on your shard - they died there.

Speaking of Serj and Ilyana. My blue haired cousin seems to have a little crush on Gregor's grandson. Every time during a meal she speaks of nothing but him, since he saved her from drowning in Nu'jelm. Serj here, Serj there. It is quite adorable, albeit a bit annoying. Though I guess I am no better when it comes to my wife.

But if this is going to end well? They may be too different from character...

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2018, 07:16:50 am »

Friday, 7th December

It's been three days... I still lack to find the words to describe how I feel...

Serj Eason... he's dead.

It was during the Avamass Market, shortly before the announcement of the most appreciated Covian. Standing next to Pickles' apprentice Hope, I heard a fight from the other side. Serj Eason and that Kaldorian scum Reg were at it again. I went over and both were already threatening each other. Reg asked me if he could punch him. Bloody hell, I told him if he did, I'll shoot him.

Serj did not back down and it took my direct order and Hope speaking since months to calm him down.

But as Reg left, he spit at Serj, which enraged him once more. With drawn blade he went after the Kaldorian. It all happened so fast. Within a few seconds, the cursed savage stabbed down Serj, his body just lying there.

It seemed no one was realizing what just happened. Everyone thought it was Serj just being himself again, theatrical as usual. But he was not. As if things couldn't get any worse, his grandfather showed up. I tried to bring Serj back by stimulating his chest. But it was too late...

A lot of emotions came out afterwards. A lot of sadness, anger, bargaining... It felt weird getting comforted by Declan...

I went home, told Ilyana and Pickles the news. We all cried. Pickles tried to stay strong, but there was nothing she could do against the tears. Ilyana just sobbed. The past weeks she was so happy having a crush on Serj. And within the blink of an eye, all that stopped.

None of us slept that night. We shared some of our favorite Serj stories with each other. The one time Pickles had to run back the whole Fan Dancer Dojo to get him out. Or of course when Serj saved Ilyana from her watery grave in Nu'jelm.

Serj... I promise you: That Kaldorian scum will pay for what he did. If not by court, then by my hand...

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length