Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:59:33 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman's Trials: Avalynn Vale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman's Trials: Avalynn Vale  (Read 2326 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2018, 08:34:03 pm »

Watchman’s Trial – Avalynn Vale

Greetings, Watchman and Apprentice.
It appears you are due your promotion trials to earn your Covian Cap!
Such a garment is not handed away to folk lightly. I therefore assign you three tasks to acquire yours.

Task One – Hoarding Hides

Our stores are in need of barbed leather. This means our craftsmen are in dire need of your assistance. For your first task, you are to lead a hunt to Destard Dungeon. The aim of your hunt is to collect as much gold and barbed leather as possible from those pesky dragons! Don’t forget your scissors!

Task requirements:

• At least three other guardsmen must assist you with this task. I would recommend that you plan this hunt in advance to achieve the best turnout.
  • You must collect at least 10,000 gold pieces.
  • You must gather at least 500 pieces of barbed leather.

Task Two – Training the Troops

You’ve guessed it. I want you to hold your very own training session for the Guardsmen. The session can be based around any of the following: Parade Drilling, Combat Training, Team Building, Survival Training, Fitness Training or Problem Solving.

Task Requirements:

• At least two other guardsmen must attend your training session.
  • Your training session must last at least half an hour.
  • You must research your topic well and execute it accordingly.

Task Three – Stunning Sentry

You may not know this, but I am a sentry expert! I want to see how well you can pull one off. The sentry needs to be constructed either outside the Barracks or outside Cove City Gates. The sentry must be as grand as you can possibly make it, using all appropriate resources available to you.

Task Requirements:

• At least three other guardsmen must assist you with your sentry.
  • You must man your sentry for twenty minutes with your fellow guardsmen.

Good luck, Watchman. Do us proud.

*Signed*
Kelly Sanderson, Corporal

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Avalynn Vale
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 11:13:56 pm »

*a Neatly Written Report*

Task One – Hoarding Hides

In attendance:

Captain Raiden Morana
Corporal Kelly Sanderson
Regular Guardsman Marcus Kobra
Regular Guardsman Jassi Cowin
Regular Guardsman Aleri Briggs
Watchman Tereleith
Recruit Dinglehopper
Recruit Butters
Several other Recruits whoes names escape me...

Several days in advance I put out a notice to all guardsmen to help me complete my first task of my trials to get my shiney new cap!
the mission; to delve deep into the bowels of Destard and wreck the Ugly Guardian Lizard spawns, collect their hides, and seize their treasures.

Upon entering the dastardly dungeon of Destard, we quickly realized these creatures were nothing to spit at. Many recruits present lost their lives in the great battle. Sadly, I could not remember all their names, gave a few of them nicknames, like Dinglehopper and Butters. They will surely be missed, I think.

I have also made sketches of our great battle, and included great triumph and some defeats. This first Task has already given me idea's on my next task at hand.....

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:03:26 am »

Well done Watchman!

We took our licks at times but we gave plenty too. When we were focused as a unit, we made headway. We just need to be more focused, more of the time.

Good work lass.

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Avalynn Vale
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 09:50:12 pm »

*neatly Written Report*

Task Two – Training the Troops

In Attendance:

Captain Commander Hoagie
Senior Guardsman Tiberius "The Lunatic"
Senior Arcanist Kas "red" Valentine
Officer Cadet Elizabeth "Pickles" Martin
Regular Guardsman Marcus "doc" Kobra
Officer Cadet Leanne "Sneaky" Melior
Regular Grenadier Delcarkdurdur..."Delc"
Watchman Terelieth the Mad
Recruit Eccylion Valousiness

After speaking with a Recruit who was holding her own training the same day I planned this one, immediately after she finished her's, mine followed. We had a good turn out, and it was perfect conditions for the Terror Training I had planned. Today's training was mostly for -Cross Healing- upon my last task I noticed the officers attending were slacking in that department. I took it upon myself to try and retrain these Slackers Fine officers in the fine art of keeping your fellow soldiers up on their feet during battle.

We went through many simulated battle scenarios and at one point I was clearly knocked off the barracks roof, luckily I survived and landed in the water. One can only pray the learned something during my training, and ended it with a free for all battle which Officer Cadet Melior won.

I've included sketches of today's event, including my near death experience off the barracks roof.

*Signed*
Watchman Avalynn Vale

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 09:53:32 pm »

Grand report, watchman.

Yer training showed once more how valuable arcanists are if they know how to keep us frontlines up.

Leanne Melior, Officer Cadet

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Avalynn Vale
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 06:21:55 pm »

*Neatly Written Report*

Task Three – Stunning Sentry

In Attendance:

Officer Cadet Elizabeth "Pickles" Martin
Regular Guardsman Marcus "Doc" Kobra
Regular Guardsman Jassi "The Idjit" Cowin
Regular guardsman Keitaro "that Elf" Kazami

After a long afternoon of training the Lazy Bums troops in Cross healing, I took the remainder that wasn't too banged up and just standing around the barracks, and made a sentry. My fellow Guardsmen were more then thrilled to help me with my third and last trial, maybe except for Cowin. That git.
Within the first ten minutes of having the lovely, fully furnished and awesome Sentry built, we were visited by Cowin's apparent niece. who in fact happened to be an elf of nature, and was thoroughly taxed. the Officer Cadet took a leave for a moment, and soon we were visited by a guardian spawn! I've included sketches of the night so far.

Upon neutralizing the threat that was the gargoyle, it was quickly learned it was indeed the Officer Cadet "Pickles" who reappeared after a thorough bashing. Kobra decided it was necessary to comment on the Officer Cadets hind quarters.

As the night came to an end, and the Sentry was in the process of being taken down, we had another visitor, but from Vesper. Miss Sioned of the rat hole called Swaggers. She and the Officer Cadet "pickles" Knew one another well, and something smelled fishy...and it wasn't just the smell of the bar wench visiting. She claimed to only be looking at the buildings' architecture and played nice. This Watchman did not trust her, but the others welcomed her and invited her to drink at the Goblin.

This concludes my report on the Sentry, and our Uninvited guests of the evening.

*Signed*
Watchman Avalynn Vale

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 02:11:36 pm »

A bloody good job, Watchman.
You've done me proud!

*Signed*
Kelly Sanderson, Corporal

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length