Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:51:45 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A letter titled 'Command'....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A letter titled 'Command'....  (Read 1918 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2018, 12:16:48 pm »

To whomever it may concern,

I'm not entirely sure who to address this letter to, so I figured why not just address it to the command structure in general and then hope it filters down to the right hands.

Phew ! S'the formality out of the way ! How the hell are you all...? 'Tis Kas here !

[A small scene is depicted in coloured pencil, it appears to show a red haired man waving towards the viewer. He sports a sash which reads "wizards do it in the dark"]

So, as it turns out I've been receiving various missives from the Baronship regarding the swelling of the ranks, the return of prominent figures and the various troop movements which have been occurring in the last few months. I must say I was filled with joy, excitement and anticipation when I read through these items, there was no finer time in my life than the time I spent under the banner of Cove.

However...

I have only received these messages by courier in the last hour and thought it best to write immediately and send this letter back by the same route. You see, I've had a few, how best to put it...'real estate complications' and my usual address is no longer my property (hence the delayed postage). You see, at the conclusion of our last service period I elected to take a short break to the isle of Magicina. Patrols were becoming less and less necessary in the face of a largely peaceful Britannia, our enemies (such as they were) had gone to ground and generally speaking there just wasn't a whole heap to do.

So I hung around the offices of Rulk Industries, observing the gradual shuttering off of key Baronship squads and offices. Before long I grew to realise that I'd gone a whole week without seeing another soul in Baronship browns. So, I packed my best backpack, chucked it over the side of the biggest boat I could afford to 'rent' and made for Magicina.

Here is where things get a little complicated.

See, s'well known that when not mooching around some tavern or other, or loitering in Cove proper, I could generally be found in one of two places: The Offices of Rulk Industries or Deepwater Library (the latter of which I generally referred to as home). Now, never let it be said that I am not a careful soul, because I am ! I'm the first to flee at the slightest hint of danger or poor odds I always endeavor to avoid risk and maximize safety.

Not so with holiday real estate maintenance.

To bring a rapidly unraveling tale to a swift conclusion I shall give you the highlights in brief...

• I secured my local business interests with nothing sturdier than lock and key.
  • RESULT: Mounting debt
  • I skipped out on Magicina town council owing several months bed and board, as well as considerable land charges for the stall Rulk Industries runs there.
  • RESULT: Mounting debt
  • While absent from the main continent of Britannia, I left Deepwater Library in the capable hands of two former Rulk Industries employees. They stipped the place bare, auctioned off the contents, sold the collected literature to wealthy scholars and passed the building itself to the land office. The functionaries of this office subsequently tore down what was essentially a large empty tower and have since left the land to lie fallow.
  • RESULT:MOUNTING DEBT

So, aye, s'you more or less up to date with the Valentine household. In a nutshell, s'a spot of work to be done to rectify one or two pressing issues.

Don't ehhhh, don't suppose wages have increased by say, a fifteenfold....?

[A small sketch of a man offering a double thumbs up and a cheeky wink features in rainbow colours]

I'll hopefully see you all soon.

Yours sincerely,
KV.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 12:28:12 pm »

*Hoagie reads the letter slowly, sipping from a mug of ale. He pulls his writing kit out and begins writing the response.*

Dear Kas Valentine,

Glad to hear that you're still alive! Should you return to your previous post, we can offer you the following:

* Room and board in a new, recently renovated property.
* Competitive salary.
* Total war against Magincia should they come knocking. Debt? What debt? Who is this "Kas Valentine" you speak of? Well you can speak to the cannons.

If you're done sunning yourself on the shores of your money hungry creditors, Cove awaits.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 12:39:06 pm »

Dear Grayner,

[The letter is barely legible and has clearly been penned at great speed]

First and foremost, how marvellous to hear from you ! Still got that horse have you...? Great, great, I imagine you'll pen a response to affirmative effect so I'll just go ahead and write out my regards; Capital !

So eh, how competitive a salary are we talking...? This room, is it a double...? Sea view...? What are the breakfast options...? Are the pillows duck or goose feather....? Do the sta-....

[Several large mistakes cover the page at this point, as if the author has been violently disturbed mid-sentence]

WHEN CAN I MOVE IN!?

Travelling with all haste,
KV.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:07:20 pm by Kas Valentine » Logged

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 12:43:54 pm »

Dear Valentino,

We'll hash out the details once it's too late to back out you arrive.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Mercy
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 07:24:17 pm »

*finds herself somehow in the office and reads*

Kas Valentine you get your behind back here right now. 

*signed in cutsey writing*

Love
Mercy.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length