Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:13:21 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Chapel Outfitting - Church Report (public)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Chapel Outfitting - Church Report (public)  (Read 1045 times)
Danaeyl
Initiate
Cove Command
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2018, 02:51:46 am »

Though the day has been long and testing, Avatar always rewards our efforts. Sure enough as the sun began to set on Cove and the ever diligent craftsman Dalla delivered my modified Initiate's armour to make final adjustments, she overheard a conversation between myself and a bartender at The Goblin - Carolin - who inquired when the next Mass would be. Having had a similar conversation with Guardsman Kobra earlier the same day, the signs were clear: Mass must begin anew. Faithful Avatarian Avalynn's incidental arrival on her patrol surely symbolised a good omen. Nay, a certain sign from Avatar that we must pursue this most Holy end.

The ever resourceful Dalla volunteered to set to work immediately on construction of sturdy pews to facilitate this, despite the late hour of the day. Though no one of more senior rank was available, it was mere nights ago that the senior Templars were discussing the need to facilitate Mass. With Avatar's guidance, I made the judgment to seize on this most opportune moment. I sent for a painter to immortalise this small step in the growth of the Church.

She worked long into the night as the three of us looked on. Thankfully her fitted braziers allowed her to work through. The light shone bright to guide her work, as if Avatar Himself lead the way, as all who were present would surely attest to.

We even managed to begin work on the upper floors, before the sun began to rise and Dalla and the others headed to their hearth for some much deserved rest. She would continue her good work in time.

Rest did not come so easily for me however...I spent many an hour pondering the many gifts we have been given in recent time and how best we might manifest His divine will, as the sun rose gradually higher. Many struggles lay ahead, but standing in the refitted Church, the clear morning sun creating ripples of light through the intricate stained glass windows, I felt assured we would not falter. Nay, could not falter, if we stayed true. Avatar wills it, and we obey.

Signed
Initiate Danaeyl

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 05:56:05 pm »

Initiate,

Your efforts to furnish the chapel with both worldly goods and with the flock of the faithful are a credit to the Order. Our return has been an inspiration for the long downtrodden and fearful believers to once again wrest control back from the sinners, heretics and heathens. Know that our victory is assured for Avatar is ever at our side, but we cannot take this as an excuse for indolence. Thy piety has been noted.

Deus vult.

Sir Hugo of Rothmere

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length