Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:19:48 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  *a flyer delivered to every Covian door, written in Axiana's neat handwriting*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: *a flyer delivered to every Covian door, written in Axiana's neat handwriting*  (Read 5672 times)
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2018, 09:33:53 pm »

Summer Faire (OOC: Date of this event will be Sunday 26th August at 8pm /OOC)

I currently require the services of citizens and of at least two guardsmen, ideally persons with knowledge of how to ride a horse (or a dog as I have heard them been called recently), to assist me with this years Summer faire.  I require the guardsmen to hold a short jousting show to entertain our attendees.  I will of course provide the mounts for this purpose.

I also require the services of a smithy, to provide a repair service to any in need, reasonable repair fees to be charged. I require jugglers, musicians and a magician.  I also invite any of our citizens and allies to come along and set up stalls of their own, crafts and wares.

At this event I shall set up a stall to provide free food and beverages for all in attendance.  There will also be a raffle stall. Raffle tickets will be at the price of 50gp per ticket, which can be purchased in advance of, or during the event. The prizes of the raffle will be revealed in due course.

Please contact me via pigeon if this is something that might interest thee. (OOC: Provide details below of any stalls or entertainment ideas that you personally wish to provide and/or contact Eve on discord.  Many Many Thanks OOC)

Axiana, Patrician of Cove
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:11:06 pm by Axiana » Logged

Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 11:52:27 am »

*Fancy Notices are pinned up across Cove*

Summer Faire

The Three Main Raffle Prizes have been announced and will be as follows:-

• An engraving applied to either one of thy weapons or to one of thy armor pieces
  • Either a piece of thy armor or thy weapon to be dyed with Pigment of Tokuno, Shadow Dancer Black
  • Your choice of one of the available potted plants; potted tree or flowerpot. This lush and expensive item will look wonderful in thy home

You may give your prize to another if you choose to.

Lesser Raffle prizes to include:-

• White, Dark & Milk Chocolate exceptionally made by my own hand
  • Steam Powered Beverage Maker and Grinder

Raffle tickets are available now to win one of these wonderful prizes.  Ye may buy a ticket on the day of the Faire, however if ye wish to purchase more than one ticket,  then tickets should be brought in advance of the event.  Get thy tickets now!

Help is still required from Citizens and Guardsmen to make this event happen.  Leave thy contact details below.

Axiana Masteen, Patrician of Cove
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:23:39 pm by Axiana » Logged

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 02:31:11 pm »

Miss Masteen,
I am a fully trained blacksmith and can assist you with any repairing needs.

*Signed*
Dalla Darkheart,
Citizen of Cove

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Yukina Kazami
Goblin Manageress
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 05:03:09 pm »

On behalf of the Goblin and its staff, we would be happy to provide whatever food and spirits you may need for your event. Along with a staff member to tend to the booth for you. for any special requests please contact me so I can put that through for you

*signed

Yukina Kazami, Goblin Manageress

Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 11:54:44 am »

*Pigeon Sent to Dalla Darkheart"

Dalla Darkheart, 

I am delighted to receive word from thee regarding my flyer.  Your offer of help will be gratefully received.  I will be sure to put a free raffle ticket by for thee.  I will contact ye with the decided location in due course, so that ye may set up thy anvil and forge.

If ye happen to know of any guardsmen that might assist me with the jousting, be sure to send them my way.  For what is a Faire without a good Joust?

Kind Regards
*signed*

Axiana Masteen

Mischief
Criminal
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 02:34:08 pm »

Dear Axiana.

It is so lovely to see you back in Cove after all this time and your arrival has lifted my spirits. I hope our mutual close friend Eve is not far behind.

As to your Summer Faire, I have no trade that would be appropriate for this kind of event. However if there is some capacity in which you think I might be of use, please let me know.

Yours,
Mischief

Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 09:09:16 pm »

*Pigeon sent to Yukina Kazami*

Yukina Kazami,

I was very pleased to make your acquaintance outside of the Barracks the other day, and to hear that you and ye Goblin Staff are able to assist at this years Summer Faire.  You have suggested a fine selection of food and beverages for folks to sample on this special day.  I look forward to sampling them myself!  I will be in contact with thee to finalise the details in due course.  I have put aside a free raffle ticket for you and ye staff.

*Signed*

Axiana Masteen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Pigeon Sent to Mischief*

My Dear Mischief,

I hope this letter finds thee well.  It is indeed a delight to be back home after such a long absence.

With regard to our mutual friend, Eve, I have not yet received any further news as to her recovery from Dysentery.  As it stands at the moment she remains in the care of the healers in Jhelom, to ill to be moved.  More we will discuss when we next meet.

Regarding the Summer Faire,  I should like thee to take charge of the Archery Game.  Each person who wishes to try their luck will pay 10gp per shot, for their chance to win a bottle of my very fine homemade "Covian Rose". They will need to hit the bullseye in order to win one! I have also put a free raffle ticket aside for thee.

I will no doubt see thee soon.

Axiana
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:06:18 am by Axiana » Logged

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 11:03:48 pm »

I was glad to assist Axiana with her Summer Faire preparations this afternoon.
She sent me the request for the following items:

~ 3 Pairs of Platemail Gloves
~ 3 Pairs of Platemail Leggings
~ 3 Pairs of Platemail Arms
~ 3 Platemail Gorgets
~ 2 Platemail Tunics
~ 2 Female Platemail
~ 3 Platemail Helms
~ 3 Polished Lances

As the painting below depicts, these items have all been crafted and placed in her mailbox.
I believe the jousting practice took place this evening.

*Signed*
Dalla Darkheart, Craftswoman of Cove

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 07:38:47 am »

5 Shillings awarded - Dalla Darkheart

Amon Jarl, Noble.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 12:40:32 pm »

Joust Rehearsal for the Summer Faire

In attendance:-

Untrusted Watchwoman - Tingleith
Watchman - Saerandir
Regular Grenadier - Marcus Kobra
Senior Guardsman - Tiberius Kane (Kowpowski)
Corporal - Kelly Sanderson
Commoner - Carolin Argon

After receiving word that Tiberius would be happy to aid me, in putting on the jousting show, It was arranged that we would meet in towne.

Dalla had painstakingly created and then delivered the plate armor and lances that I required, so that everything was in place for our rehearsal.

I had not expected other guardsmen to be following behind Tiberius as he approached. I recognized them almost immediately. First the familiar face of Marcus, then of Tingleith (who held a sad and pained expression), and then of Saerandir, the guardsman who had led the patrol to acquire some special seeds for me.  They assembled to watch us.

Initially, Tiberius appeared to be skeptical as to the suitability of the horses that I had managed to acquire.  I introduced him to 'Juliet', an unusual mare to be sure, but Tiberius has a way with horses!  It was clear that he had not ridden in a while though.  I was amused as I watched  him ride the horse in the direction of our audience. The audience, naturally, was not so amused.

We rode together along the edge of the bay, towards the barracks and back into towne.  It did not take Tiberius long to settle back into the sadle.  He actually has a fine seat on a horse (that is to say he rides well).

The armor was beautifully crafted, but extremely heavy.  Guardmen/women always wear it well.  I, on the other hand, must not have looked so well in it. "Are you alright?" was the first thing that Tiberius said as I struggled to walk towards him. To make matters worse Saerandir was forced to assist me onto my horse, ungracefully at that, since I could now barely move.

It is one thing to watch a Joust, but quite another to participate in one.  At this point we took our positions. I put on my helm.  I could see nothing, except what was in front of me.  I readied my lance, then I heard Carolin Argon Shout "Go".  I charged!  I took a jab to the shoulder, but remained in the saddle.   I'm sure that Tiberius was taking it easy on me.  On the following run, Tiberius parried my attack.

Alas!  The next thing I remembered was opening my eyes, looking directly up into another pair of eyes, and I had one hell of a headache (*rubs the back of her head in rememberance*).  Tiberius and Marcus assisted me to my feet.

Kelly Sanderson, was to take my place after that!  They were very well matched.  I watched as they jousted, with a thumping headache.  Me and my bright ideas!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:24:54 am by Axiana » Logged

The Paymaster
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 01:36:31 pm »

15 shillings awarded to Axiana.
10 shillings awarded to Carolin.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:42:10 pm by The Paymaster » Logged
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 06:07:18 am »

Dearest Miss Axiana,

I know a thing or two about brewing potions and would be delighted to assist you at the Summer Fair with a stall.

Kind regards,
Evelyne Conay, former Goblin Barmaid

PS:
Please inform me about the actual date of the Fair as soon as you can.

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 11:50:11 am »

*Pigeon sent to Evelyn Conay*

Evelyn Conay,

I was delighted to receive your pigeon and offer of help.  It is confirmed that the Summer Faire shall be held on Sunday 26th August on the 20th hour (8pm) upon my land.  I shall reserve an area for thee to place ye stall, and have put a free raffle ticket aside for thee.  I look forward to seeing thee there.

Kind Regards

Axiana Masteen

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 11:01:47 am »

Pigeon sent to Axiana

Dearest Axiana,

I shall attend the faire and I shall be bringing fine hides and leather.

Take care,

Khae
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 11:14:11 am »

*Smiles upon receiving his pigeon*

Dear Khae,

You will be most welcome.  I'll set aside a stall for thee and a free raffle ticket.  I look forward to seeing thee there.

*signed*

Axiana

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length